Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 03-08-2017, 04:53 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 35SB
State: Texas
THOR #6703
New to Thor RV

Hello.
Been camping most of my life. Tent camped for years, moved up to a 24 ft. Toy Hauler and recently traded that in on a 2017 Chateau 35SB! Have been out one weekend so far and LOVE it! Had a couple of issue as most of y'all have had, but was able to work them out. I know it's going to be a learning experience.

My first question to the forum. Twice, my awing took several attempts to retract. It would roll back half a turn then stop. It would roll out to its limit and stop, then stop again coming back in. Finally after 5 - 6 tries, it retracted all the way. Also, it seems very slow to me. I have visited Carefree's site and read the manuals, but didn't see anything pertaining to intermittent operation. Has anyone else experience this?

Looking forward to reading and learning on the forum. I have had huge success on fixing my own Dodge diesel pickups and my Harley thanks to forums.

Have a nice day!
Eric

Old 03-08-2017, 05:08 PM   #2

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Usually it is a low voltage problem. Like the leveling system and the slides, they all work better with full voltage from the charger or alternator. There is a current sensor that protects the motor from overload. When the voltage is low, the motor will activate the protection device. I have a Carefree of Colorado Latitude 18 ft patio awning and it does require periodic lubrication. I use the same spray lube that I use slides (CRC Powerlube with PTFE).
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:16 PM   #3

Model: Chateau 35SB
THOR #6703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Usually it is a low voltage problem. Like the leveling system and the slides, they all work better with full voltage from the charger or alternator. There is a current sensor that protects the motor from overload. When the voltage is low, the motor will activate the protection device. I have a Carefree of Colorado Latitude 18 ft patio awning and it does require periodic lubrication. I use the same spray lube that I use slides (CRC Powerlube with PTFE).
Thanks Jim. I will watch the voltage next time, make sure it's up, and see if that corrects the problem.