Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2018, 03:56 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #13459
New Vegas Owner

Hello from a new 2018 Vegas 25.2 owner.

My wife and I have done a few Saturday night shakedown trips (state park overnights). No major problems. We are looking forward to some extended travel in the New Year.

Happy with our Vegas purchase so far.

Greg

Old 10-17-2018, 09:44 AM   #2

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Congratulations on your new coach and welcome to the forum!!! Sounds like you’re already having fun, keep up the good work!!!
Old 10-17-2018, 10:58 AM   #3

Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
Congratulations! Welcome to our group!
Old 10-17-2018, 11:25 AM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations and welcome.

If you haven't already download and read Ed's excellent crowd sourced Axis/Vegas owner's manual found here: http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 12:58 PM   #5

Model: 2017 Axis 25.4
State: Arkansas
THOR #12231
Welcome and congradulations.

Dont dont forget to winterize. You might be safe in Central or Southern FL but N. FL can get pretty cold sometimes.

Enjoy.
2017 Axis / 25.4: Big Foot Levelers, Aims 1200 Watt inverter, Ceramic Window Tint, Full River AGM 6V batteries, Front Hellwig Sway bar / Rear Track Arm, Safe T Plus Steering Stabilizer, PD 4655 converter, Hard Wired Surge Guard, WEboost + WiFi Ranger, LED Headlights/Driving lights, TPMS, Surge tank, Tornado flush, Viair Compressor
Long & Winding road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2018, 04:05 PM   #6

State: Alaska
THOR #11720
One thought is the sliding bathroom door on the bathroom. When I braked too hard it came forward and the bottom glide holder came loose because of short screws through quarter inch paneling. I replaced those two with 2 inch screws that went through the panel, half inch gap, and into the stud wall for the bathroom. Also added a bungee for the door from the shower to an eye bolt back to bedroom TV. This was all done after I hit the truck brake so a bit more repair than prevent fix.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:04 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Glad to hear that the shakedown cruises have gone pretty well!
Welcome to our little corner of the Internet!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:24 AM   #8

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum!

We have enjoyed our 25.2 for three years now. For us and the way we travel, it fits just right. You'll find a lot of experienced and helpful folks here.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:43 AM   #9

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Long & Winding road View Post
Welcome and congradulations.

Dont dont forget to winterize. You might be safe in Central or Southern FL but N. FL can get pretty cold sometimes.

Enjoy.
Yes it can. Specially if you like the wind in your face and can't afford a car and you own a Bike. Took to getting a piece of cardboard and putting it inside my cold weather jumpsuit. Believe or not, it worked. Course so did rubber bands over the sleeves and gloves.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:03 AM   #10

State: California
THOR #6557
Welcome; we have 2017, 25.2 just went over 16,000 miles. For us a perfect layout, so far no problems with the rig.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:10 PM   #11

Model: 2016 Axis 25.2
THOR #12340
We own a 2016 Axis 25.2. the only problem we have had was the outside shower kit was never sealed. Rain entered
the the shower kit into the coach behind the couch. It was not found for a long time since it was never seen. The water went under the vinyl floor and destroyed the flooring under the fresh water tank. Just watch that seal on the outside around the outside shower.

Other then that, we've had no problems and everything works great. It's a perfect layout for the 2 of us.
Old 10-19-2018, 03:29 AM   #12

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Alaska
THOR #13320
Welcome

Welcome from a newly minted member. Enjoy the ride
Old 10-19-2018, 09:53 AM   #13

Model: Axis 25.4
State: Delaware
THOR #12773
Good luck with your new coach. Shakedown cruises are the best. You find wonderful things like screws on the floor, lose hoses, and even noises you never herd before. Happy RVing!!!
Old 10-27-2018, 07:42 PM   #14

Model: Vegas 25.1
State: California
THOR #7113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikergeek View Post
Hello from a new 2018 Vegas 25.2 owner.

My wife and I have done a few Saturday night shakedown trips (state park overnights). No major problems. We are looking forward to some extended travel in the New Year.

Happy with our Vegas purchase so far.

Greg
try installing a "steering stabilizer". My Vegas 25.1 did the same thing on a cross
country trip last May. After I installed a steering stabilizer and upgraded the anti sway bar, all seem,s to be good now.
Old 10-27-2018, 09:43 PM   #15

Model: 2017 Vegas 25.2
State: British Columbia
THOR #10392
Welcome!
We have been members for about a year now and the forum members have been extremely helpful and informative!
-------
2017 Vegas 25.2
Old 10-27-2018, 10:51 PM   #16

Model: Vegas
State: Ohio
THOR #9014
I have a 2017 25.4 Vegas. I had water leaking in the bedroom area. Found out it was leaking from the taillights when rain was hitting the back of the motorhome. I found out the seals are only warranted for 6 months. I checked them out, there was practically NO seal. I covered the taillights with butyl tape, and a couple other areas that looked suspicious. I had the motorhome for more than 6 months, and not even a year! Check out the seals, please.
Old 10-27-2018, 11:01 PM   #17

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #11928
We took ownership of a new 2018 24.1 Axis in June. Really love the size, function, etc. Have only taken it out on a couple of short trips, and so far, are very happy with it. After reading this forum, it didn't take us long to add/completed a few mods, (new Oxygentics shower head, battery water filler kit, chassis batt access, adding stick-on "door stops" to underside of countertop extension to stop banging, adding screen door bar handle, a new 770 gps, 3" foam pads for the beds, and converting my O Grill to hook directly to the RV's outlet. (You have all cost me a lot of extra buck, lol)

I did notice while driving, steering wheel requires constant 1-2" back and forth movement. I took the MH to a Goodyear facility, and had alignment checked. It wasn't what I expected, but they found the alignment was right on! Next thing for me is adding the Safe-T-Plus and hope that will help!

Only real problem I ran into was having batts go dead! After a few weeks from our last trip, I found both the chassis and both house batteries completely discharged. I had checked, and nothing was left running, and the "Power" (Use) switch was in the Off position. Not sure why all batts drained that quickly. I charged both house batts, and then used emer. start to fire up engine. Everything seemed ok, so I left the Axis plugged in to my garage for a couple of days... Recheck showed no discharge in any batts. Assuming now, I just need to plug in/restart every few weeks to keep things charged.

Thanks for the good info you all have provided on this Forum!
Old 10-28-2018, 09:55 PM   #18

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Europe
THOR #9936
Congratulations on your purchase, we have a 2016 25.2 and we love it. I've done a few mods to make it better, jacks, vent covers, solar panels and inverter to mention a few. Good luck in your travels.
Old 10-28-2018, 11:22 PM   #19

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Propwash, (Air Force?).
We keep our 24.1 plugged in 365 24/7 with a small space heater set at 42 degrees, AC set at 85, Magna Shades up, fridge set to electric, Power button to Use...we call it ready mode (ready for last minute fishing trips). Once I got the initial problems with the Harris batteries (changed them out) I have had no problems with charging, heating, cooling nor needed to winterize.

DocMike

PS. Thank You for your service.

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 12:55 AM   #20

Model: 34F
State: Oklahoma
THOR #8432
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Glad to hear that the shakedown cruises have gone pretty well!
Welcome to our little corner of the Internet!
Yeah, had that problem too with my shower doors. Locked them in place before, put a screw in one end to make sure it doesnt go off the rail and got used to fixing it again every once in awhile. Also learned to rubber band all the inside compartment doors to each other to make sure they stay SHUT when I travel. Got a surprise with the jar of pickles on the floor when I went for my hourly beer but hey, didn't hurt cause I had my shoes on. Sticky floor though.