Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2021, 06:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: WindSport
State: Ohio
THOR #22140
Question Expecting WindSport 29m 2022 Delivery

Good Morning All. Ordered a WindSport 29m 2022 model.......to be delivered anytime. I posted this a couple of months ago but thought I would solicit additional comments.

I have thoroughly researched this model online. My understanding is that Thor quality has improved a bit the past few years????? Does any one have a 2021 Hurricane or Windsport and willing to comment on their first year experience. Thank you All!

Old 04-05-2021, 06:39 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Glad to see that the waiting time is coming to a close for you.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:09 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Can speak for the new models, but once all of the Thor issues were worked out, we like our 29m. The only disappointing thing is having to drive a medium duty truck every time we go camping.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 09:27 PM   #4

State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Can speak for the new models, but once all of the Thor issues were worked out, we like our 29m. The only disappointing thing is having to drive a medium duty truck every time we go camping.
I second this.
Old 04-05-2021, 11:33 PM   #5

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Me too. It’s a pretty sure thing that you’ll have a few items needing attention. Hopefully they’ll all be minor. As for the driving experience, you might as well just embrace it. I find the truck like behavior to be rather endearing.
Old 04-06-2021, 12:11 PM   #6

THOR #22140
Thank you for the comments. Much appreciated!
Old 04-06-2021, 12:24 PM   #7

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Welcome to the forum. Go through every system several times with the dealership and if something is found that needs attention, have it in writing for them to repair/replace. Enjoy the new ride and experience.

Paul
Old 04-06-2021, 06:46 PM   #8

Model: Quantum RQ29
THOR #13648
Welcome to the forum. It's an exciting time for you.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:49 PM   #9

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
You wil likely have some issues. Try to find as many as you can during the PDI and force the delear to fix them to your satisfaction before you sign the paperwork.

The good news is that you are in Ohio it would seem. You are very close to the Thor Factory Service Center in Wakarusa, IN. If you have any major issues while under warranty (and even after), I would schedule an appointment there to have work done before I took it to any dealer.
Old 04-06-2021, 10:31 PM   #10

Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
I spent 3 hours during pdi and took the document someone created for pdi. Found as many as possible..but until you drive 1000 miles and camp twice..no way to know
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 12:02 AM   #11

THOR #22140
Thanks again All. Very helpful.
Old 04-07-2021, 12:08 AM   #12

THOR #20220
#1 test every pump shower sink water system
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
Old 04-10-2021, 07:45 PM   #13

State: Virginia
THOR #18622
Thor

Your first year will be spent fixing all the things the hurry up assembly line didn’t do right
Old 04-10-2021, 09:20 PM   #14

Model: Windsport 29m
State: North Carolina
THOR #9553
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindSport 2022 GJE View Post
Good Morning All. Ordered a WindSport 29m 2022 model.......to be delivered anytime. I posted this a couple of months ago but thought I would solicit additional comments.

I have thoroughly researched this model online. My understanding is that Thor quality has improved a bit the past few years????? Does any one have a 2021 Hurricane or Windsport and willing to comment on their first year experience. Thank you All!
We bought a 2018 Thor Windsport 29m. LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! Done lots of upgrades like; RoadMaster Anti-Sway bar, Sumo Springs in the front and new Bilstein shocks. Drives and handles like a dream. Took out the terrible sofa and put in a pair of electric recliners, Thomas Payne, with massage & heat, Spare Tire carrier, Scan Gauge, Aqua-Jet variable speed 12v water pump, new King size mattress, Ceramic window tinting on all windows--made a huge diff in how hot it gets in the summer and last but not least had J.C. Refridgeration in Indiana replace the propane/electric fridge, a Norcold to a 12v system with a real compressor. It is worth every penny and don't ever smell and propane exaust fumes!!! Good luck with your new toy!!! Bob & Wendy Trice
Old 04-10-2021, 10:11 PM   #15

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
#1 test every pump shower sink water system
Very true. The Thor MC finished coach is stored winterized in an outside lot near the factory. The fresh water system is pressure tested with 20 psi air, but no water. The waste water systems are never tested. The PDI check list for the dealer gives instructions to fill the fresh water tank with 20 gallons of water and to check all fitting and faucets with the system pressurized and fill the water heater and check for correct propane and electrical connections and operation. Water from the tank shuld be used to partially fill the black and gray water tanks and the system checked for leaks. The black and gray tanks should be emptied and the coach filled with at least 20 gallons of water prior to delivery.

We bought our Hurricane in Texas (MHSRV) in January, so it was still winterized. In the delivery barn, I watched the delivery tech go through the checklist to de-winterize the coach and check everything for leaks, showing me the panel that had to be removed to access the back of the water heater for de-winterization and the panel under the sink to access the water pump. Fortunately, the delivery tech did an outstanding job of showing us how the coach works and where everything was located. The coach was so well prepared there only two warranty items after about 6 months. The use/store locking relay failed and several LEDs in the patio awning were very dim. On our way to Branson. MO, we stopped by Youngbloods RV (a Jayco dealer) and they fixed everything while toured their RV store. Took them about an hour. Thor MC covered everything under warranty. (By the way Jayco did not become a Thor Industries division until 18 months later.) So it still stands, that our Hurricane has never had a repair of any kind at a Thor MC dealer.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 10:37 PM   #16

Model: Windsport
State: Arkansas
THOR #557
I have a 2018 Wingsport 27B and so far I have been happy. I was under the RV yesterday changing the oil. BTW - I made a huge mess. I noticed that the CHF had already been done. I bought the unit new so I am a bit confused. I noticed right off the bat that the ride was a lot been that my previous ACE 30.1 but I just thought it was because of the shorter length.
When you receive your new RV, congratulations BTW, I would be curious if the CHF is now being done at the factory
Old 04-11-2021, 01:46 PM   #17

THOR #22140
Wow! Thanks for all the great comments.

Yes.....we are purchasing in Ohio and not very far from the Thor Indiana plant.

I will provide a status to the Group in a couple of months or so. Thanks again All.
Old 04-11-2021, 01:53 PM   #18

THOR #20220
Create a numbered word doc of every little things and have thor fix all using your tracking numbers !
Old 04-14-2021, 04:29 PM   #19

THOR #22140
Follow-Up Question

Our 2022 Windsport 29m will have the HD-Max Exterior. Does anyone know if the HD Max Exterior (gel-coat with decals) is clear coated? I realize full body painted units are generally clear coated but I am not finding anything that indicates the HD Max units are clear coated.

If HD Max is not clear coated, does anyone have a product/s recommendation to achieve exterior "clear coat like" protection? Thanks for the expertise.
Old 04-14-2021, 05:11 PM   #20

THOR #20220
here you go
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pro.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	138.7 KB
ID:	29779   Click image for larger version

Name:	pro1.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	29780