Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2019, 04:24 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #14480
Hi!

Hello Forum - My wife and I go to lots of dog shows and decided to pick up an RV after renting one a few times. Looking forward to reading all the experienced people here chat.

Got a 2018 Thor Synergy SP24 at a pretty good deal since they discontinued that floor layout which happened to be perfect for us.

I’m having my first weekend out in the RV now and it’s going okay. I’ve kept tools around and have been tidying up the “build” if you’d call it that. They really do slap these things together. Haha.

Old 02-17-2019, 05:25 AM   #2

Model: Freedom Elite24FE
State: Texas
THOR #12434
Congratulations! Welcome to our group!
Old 02-17-2019, 12:55 PM   #3

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum. You'll like saving money on rentals, or high price hotel rooms.
Old 02-17-2019, 02:26 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Welcome aboard: "R"...

Or should I call you "Mister"?

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 03:07 PM   #5

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Welcome! Happy travelling!
Old 02-18-2019, 01:40 AM   #6

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome! Domo arigato!
Old 02-18-2019, 01:45 AM   #7

Model: Chateau 31W
State: Minnesota
THOR #14057
Welcome. Lots of knowledge and helpful info and folks here.
FMCA F496287
JJMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 11:43 PM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
State: British Columbia
THOR #14565
Synergy

Hi Roboto,
We are getting ready to purchase our first RV, a Synergy 24tt - I'd love to hear about any deficiencies you've encountered in your first few weeks, any tips or things to look for when doing the 'tour' with our dealer would be very much appreciated. How have you found it to drive? We are a bit nervous about the size of it and how it would handle if we made our way into smaller cities now and then. Cheers!
Old 03-01-2019, 12:02 AM   #9

Model: Synergy
State: Texas
THOR #13042
I am also new to RVing. I have a Snergy SD. I love the RV which I purchased in Sept of last year. It is fun to drive loaded with amenities. I took my maiden voyage in Jan. One thing you need to know is that the chassis and house batteries are not wired to charge each other. This is due to Mercedes warranty so I put a battery ticker on chassis and plug it into 110 outlet inside coach. So in storage with 110 both sets stay charged. Find coach very easy to hook up as it is just me and 2 doggies. I did have to put 90 deg eel on sewer hook up. It was a little tight. Hope u enjoy ur new purchase. Happy Adventures.
Old 03-22-2020, 12:50 PM   #10

State: Alabama
THOR #18392
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gfmchapman View Post
I am also new to RVing. I have a Snergy SD. I love the RV which I purchased in Sept of last year. It is fun to drive loaded with amenities. I took my maiden voyage in Jan. One thing you need to know is that the chassis and house batteries are not wired to charge each other. This is due to Mercedes warranty so I put a battery ticker on chassis and plug it into 110 outlet inside coach. So in storage with 110 both sets stay charged. Find coach very easy to hook up as it is just me and 2 doggies. I did have to put 90 deg eel on sewer hook up. It was a little tight. Hope u enjoy ur new purchase. Happy Adventures.
Thanks for the update on my Thor Synergy 24 SK with a Diesel Generator. Changing the Flirefly Multiplex Status Display RV to the different Thor Synergy Floorplan Configurations (24SS, 24 MB, 24TT ,...) with a Diesel Generator did not fix the problem. The results are the same no matter what floor layout you select.

If Pin 11 on the J10 connector on the G12 Firefly Multiplex Panel is responsible for starting and stopping the Diesel Generator only, then why is the Firefly Multiplex board reporting erroneous data for the Generator Hours which should be 31 hours and not “0” and why is the Firefly Multiplex board not showing a status of “Generator Running” on the display instead of “Generator Stopped”. Firefly has a way to test this scenario on their software in their lab so I would definitely ask them to run through this simulation to see if they get the same results.

I realize that the 12 Volt Blue wire (Pin 6 of the J13 Connector ) which is responsible for Generator Status and Hours is a LP Connector only but how does the Firefly Multiplex Board keep track of this hours and generator status with the Diesel Generator if there is no physical connection with only one red wire ( Pin 11 on the J10 connector) to turn the diesel generator on and off. If this is true, then the problem lies with Firefly and not Onan Diesel Generator or Thor Motorcoach Company.

We know as a result of La Mesa RV in Sanford Florida troubleshooting techniques (Technician Brett) that if we provide Pin 6 of the J13 Connector on the G12 Panel with a 12 Volt signal after the Diesel Generator turns on the System works as expected with the generator running beyond 60 seconds until the AGS condition is met (Temp or Battery Voltage or Max Run Time) and the Firefly Multiplex board shows a status of “Generator Running” on the display and the Hour Clock on the Firefly Multiplex Display appears to update properly.

Does your AGS work if you have a Firefly Multiplex with a Diesel Generator.