Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-21-2016, 06:37 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #5498
Smile Newbie RV dreamin'

Hi my husband and I have been exploring the idea of RVing for many years. We have looked at class A's but don't like the challenges with driving, parking etc. We recently spied a Thor Vegas in a parking lot, looked it up and were impressed with what it has to offer. We would also like to flat tow a Jeep so we can go exploring/off the beaten path. We want to purchase in a year or so. I'm so happy I stumbled upon this wonderful forum rich in experienced RVer's. Thank you to the forum and all who participate!!

Old 09-21-2016, 06:40 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #2271
Welcome aboard. You have made a wise choice to pick the Axis/Vegas. They are pure FUN!
Old 09-21-2016, 07:31 PM   #3

Model: hurricane 32n
State: Florida
THOR #4158
Welcome and good luck in the RV hunt !!
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 10:07 PM   #4

THOR #5498
Thank you! Good to hear you are enjoying your Vegas!
Old 09-21-2016, 10:08 PM   #5

THOR #5498
Thank you Jegdrum5050! The hunt is kinda of a hobby at this point. Fun!
Old 09-21-2016, 10:09 PM   #6

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
To learn more about Vegas systems you can go to the Motorhome Tech Topics area of the forum and go to the first thread. It contains a link to the Vegas/Axis owners manual I compiled. Go to the link and you can download it as a MS Word or PDF file. I designed the manual as a self,-learning guide.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:19 AM   #7

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome! Your homework will pay off when you are ready to make a purchase.

We chose the Vegas to downsize from our previous coach, a 33' Class A gas. Two summers later, we know we made the right choice. Smaller units had some appeal but involved too many sacrifices, or were more than we wanted to spend (diesels).

This forum has been a wealth of knowledge! Stay tuned...
Old 09-22-2016, 12:31 AM   #8
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainWhisper View Post
Hi my husband and I have been exploring the idea of RVing for many years. We have looked at class A's but don't like the challenges with driving, parking etc. We recently spied a Thor Vegas in a parking lot, looked it up and were impressed with what it has to offer. We would also like to flat tow a Jeep so we can go exploring/off the beaten path. We want to purchase in a year or so. I'm so happy I stumbled upon this wonderful forum rich in experienced RVer's. Thank you to the forum and all who participate!!
We LOVE OUR AXIS !! Enjoy your search for the right RV for the you two ! Explore all the floorplans and re-explore !
Feel free to ask all the questions you might come up with !

Kay
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 02:22 AM   #9

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Welcome to the Forum. We have had 16 months with our Vegas and after getting some odds and ends taken care of in the first several months it has been a great addition to our life...getting to enjoy some good Trout fishing with beautiful sunrises,sunsets and campsites.

Lots of info on flat towing here on the Forum.

Save and Happy Camping.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 04:08 AM   #10

Model: S.O.B.
THOR #3483
Quote:
We still like the floor plan, size and price of our Axis 24.1.
Old 09-22-2016, 01:09 PM   #11

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Georgia
THOR #1123
Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your purchase. We love our Axis and have never regretted purchasing it. Just the right size for us and hope the 2 puppies will adjust eventually. They're 5 1/2 months old now and going to give them a try this weekend and fingers crossed we will have all the pieces intact along with our sanity when we get back home.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:09 PM   #12

THOR #5498
Thank you for the Vegas Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
To learn more about Vegas systems you can go to the Motorhome Tech Topics area of the forum and go to the first thread. It contains a link to the Vegas/Axis owners manual I compiled. Go to the link and you can download it as a MS Word or PDF file. I designed the manual as a self,-learning guide.
Thank you so much for compiling/writing and sharing this important information . It will be good to know before kicking tires!! Thank you again!
Old 09-22-2016, 04:21 PM   #13

THOR #5498
Happy puppy travels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry View Post
Welcome to the Forum and good luck with your purchase. We love our Axis and have never regretted purchasing it. Just the right size for us and hope the 2 puppies will adjust eventually. They're 5 1/2 months old now and going to give them a try this weekend and fingers crossed we will have all the pieces intact along with our sanity when we get back home.
Thank you! I'll have to look up the Axis also. Sounds like a good idea to do a trial run with the puppies. I think the biggest challenge will be dealing with all that energy. Several years ago we had a couple of bassets who were great travelers. We miss them! Now we just have our cat who tolerates it but doesn't like it at all. Happy travels!
Old 09-22-2016, 04:26 PM   #14

THOR #5498
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrown View Post
Welcome aboard. You have made a wise choice to pick the Axis/Vegas. They are pure FUN!
Thank you! Good to hear you are enjoying your Vegas!
Old 09-22-2016, 04:42 PM   #15

THOR #5498
Downsizing +homework

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Welcome! Your homework will pay off when you are ready to make a purchase.

We chose the Vegas to downsize from our previous coach, a 33' Class A gas. Two summers later, we know we made the right choice. Smaller units had some appeal but involved too many sacrifices, or were more than we wanted to spend (diesels).

This forum has been a wealth of knowledge! Stay tuned...
Thank you. I like to hear experiences from folks who have owned other types of RV's. I identify with you in that the smaller units are a bit too small for our liking and while the diesel does get better mileage the extra upfront $s doesn't seem worth it. How long would it take to spend that money on gas? It depends on traveling/driving scenarios. But you are in control of what you spend on your travels. We like flexibility and it seems the Vegas/Axis will give us that.
Old 09-22-2016, 04:46 PM   #16

THOR #5498
Floor plans-Axis

Quote:
Originally Posted by axis earl View Post
We still like the floor plan, size and price of our Axis 24.1.
I'll have to look at the Axis. I thought that was an older model and the Vegas replaced it. Nice to have two options! What floor plan do you have? We want a bigger shower and walk around queen. Also like the couch with long table in front. What floor plan do you have?
Old 09-22-2016, 04:53 PM   #17

THOR #5498
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Welcome to the Forum. We have had 16 months with our Vegas and after getting some odds and ends taken care of in the first several months it has been a great addition to our life...getting to enjoy some good Trout fishing with beautiful sunrises,sunsets and campsites.

Lots of info on flat towing here on the Forum.

Save and Happy Camping.

Doc
Wonderful to hear you have many months of enjoying your Vegas. Your travels sound wonderful! We are thinking that we will be part timing in our Vegas/Axis RV as a second home. We will have to get up to speed on making reservations etc. I will look for the flat towing topic on the Forum. Thank you and happy travels to you!
Old 09-22-2016, 04:59 PM   #18

THOR #5498
Axis in KC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
We LOVE OUR AXIS !! Enjoy your search for the right RV for the you two ! Explore all the floorplans and re-explore !
Feel free to ask all the questions you might come up with !

Kay
Thanks Kay! That's wonderful to know you love your Axis! I will have to research Axis Vs Vegas. I found a couple of very good videos of tours of the Vegas. I like the features with the bigger/rectangle shower and walk around queen and couch with long table in front but can't remember if those are separate floor plans. Good advice to explore and re-explore!
Old 09-22-2016, 05:49 PM   #19
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
MountainWhisper: If you want a larger shower and a walk-around queen in the Axis/Vegas models then you'll want to look at either the 25.2 or 25.3:
25.2:
25.3:

Those are the closest floorplans available with something resembling a walk around queen.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 06:24 PM   #20
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Thanks Kay! That's wonderful to know you love your Axis! I will have to research Axis Vs Vegas. I found a couple of very good videos of tours of the Vegas. I like the features with the bigger/rectangle shower and walk around queen and couch with long table in front but can't remember if those are separate floor plans. Good advice to explore and re-explore!
Jamie did you a favor in posting the floor plans you might be interested in.
There is not much difference between the Axis & Vegas, other than name and color options and exterior design/front end.
In fulfilling the want for a larger shower & walk around bed, Thor did away with the front/living room slide. For us, more living area was more important than large bedroom area. It appears Thor has covered most of the bases with the Axis/Vegas designs.
Thor offers the two in order that dealers who are in the same or nearby locations can offer the rv's.

We too, have KC our cat who travels with us. He tolerates traveling down the road..once we are stopped..he is all over the place looking out the windows, and door checking out where we are. He is not real social but loves being with us.

Go to thormotorcoach.com .... there you will be able to view all the options available ! Have FUN !

K
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote