Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2017, 09:02 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Kentucky
THOR #8259
Smile Newbie (sort of) here, ACE 30.2 Bunkhouse. Hello folks!

My wife and I will be picking up our new 2017 30.2 bunkhouse sometime in the next month, and I find I can hardly wait! I'm in my early 40's now with two fast-growing kids...I grew up RV'ing with my parents, so I know a little bit about it (man, I really wish I had paid more attention to certain things my father did in caring for, setting up, maintaining, etc his fifth wheel and class C motor home before that). Unfortunately, my pops is no longer around for me to ask advice (to hell with lung cancer), but I'm glad I can come here and get info from some experienced RVers! I suppose once RVing is in your blood, it never really goes away! Anyhoo, I look forward to getting to know some of you on here, and I can't wait to get on the road! And in a certain way, my dad, who loved RV's as much as any of us, will be journeying with me. Let's go!!

Old 07-09-2017, 09:12 PM   #2

State: Alaska
THOR #7889
Ok great let's roll
Old 07-09-2017, 09:13 PM   #3

THOR #7889
We just got our 25.3 vegas
Old 07-09-2017, 09:24 PM   #4

THOR #8259
The Vegas is a sharp rig! Have you taken it out yet?
Old 07-09-2017, 09:34 PM   #5

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Congratulations on your coach and welcome to the forum!!! Lost my stepfather to lung cancer (plays no favorites for sure) great guy who loved RVing. We both had the same FMCA number except mine has an S at the end for son, he travels every where I go!
Old 07-09-2017, 09:44 PM   #6

THOR #8259
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD View Post
Congratulations on your coach and welcome to the forum!!! Lost my stepfather to lung cancer (plays no favorites for sure) great guy who loved RVing. We both had the same FMCA number except mine has an S at the end for son, he travels every where I go!
Thanks for sharing that Dave! I sure look forward to the day when we can call cancer a defeated foe; it's taken FAR too many good people far too early. But in the meantime, I'm looking forward to living out some of my dad's RV dreams! Do you recommend FMCA? Is it similar to a Good Sams or CW membership? I've read conflicting information on joining membership clubs. I'd like to get your thoughts!
Old 07-09-2017, 10:10 PM   #7

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockChuck92 View Post
Thanks for sharing that Dave! I sure look forward to the day when we can call cancer a defeated foe; it's taken FAR too many good people far too early. But in the meantime, I'm looking forward to living out some of my dad's RV dreams! Do you recommend FMCA? Is it similar to a Good Sams or CW membership? I've read conflicting information on joining membership clubs. I'd like to get your thoughts!

I highly recommend FMCA, great organization with the goal of promoting RVing! It's not like Good Sam. There is a monthly magazine and several good benefits. There are several rallies each year around the country, which are not only fun but have some great seminars. I don't remember when I first joined, it was a long time ago, I encourage everyone to join just because I think they do a lot for RVing. If you decide to join add my number to your application, no real benefit to me but I like to know I helping to promote FMCA. There are regional clubs that also have rallies. Cost to join is minimal but well worth it IMHO!
Old 07-09-2017, 10:20 PM   #8

THOR #7889
Short trip to pine city mn three days
Old 07-09-2017, 10:56 PM   #9

Model: 31e Four Winds
State: Delaware
THOR #7159
Quote:
Originally Posted by LockChuck92 View Post
My wife and I will be picking up our new 2017 30.2 bunkhouse sometime in the next month, and I find I can hardly wait! I'm in my early 40's now with two fast-growing kids...I grew up RV'ing with my parents, so I know a little bit about it (man, I really wish I had paid more attention to certain things my father did in caring for, setting up, maintaining, etc his fifth wheel and class C motor home before that). Unfortunately, my pops is no longer around for me to ask advice (to hell with lung cancer), but I'm glad I can come here and get info from some experienced RVers! I suppose once RVing is in your blood, it never really goes away! Anyhoo, I look forward to getting to know some of you on here, and I can't wait to get on the road! And in a certain way, my dad, who loved RV's as much as any of us, will be journeying with me. Let's go!!

Congrats on the new rig! Enjoy it and use it often.