Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2017, 06:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Siesta Sprinter 24MB
State: Montana
THOR #7091
Relative Newbie

Greetings all.

I have a new 2017 Vegas 24.1. Drove it back from the dealer in MO a couple of months ago and then took a jaunt to the Olympic Peninsula and down the Oregon coast to see the eclipse. Coach now has about 4500 miles on it and has been pretty good with some warranty issues that need to be addressed. From reading some of the posts on this site, it appears that warranty issues and Thor go together.

We had a 1999 Holiday Rambler Admiral (32') for a couple of years and then were without an RV for a number of years. We have downsized to the Vegas and look forward to some interesting travels. Heading to Omaha and points in between in October with perhaps a trip to Edmonton later this month.

I am a retired health care administrator and spent four years each on active duty in the Navy and U.S. Public Health Service. Also spent five years at the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, MD (Now Walter Reed National Military Medical Center). We moved a lot because of consolidation in the healthcare industry.

Cheers.

Bob in Montana

Old 09-15-2017, 06:29 PM   #2

Model: 16 Vegas 24.1 6 sp
State: Washington
THOR #3051
Smile

Welcome, enjoy your RV and this site as well. Not retired yet. so not many miles on my 2016.
Old 09-15-2017, 06:41 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Howdy! Glad that you found us!
I'm also on the "wrong side" of the retirement status... still toiling away here!
We bought our rig for when that magical time arrives... It's just nice to still have a job, and be able to pay for it!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 07:31 PM   #4

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Congratulations on your new coach and welcome to the forum!!! Happy and safe travels to you and your family!
Old 09-16-2017, 01:20 AM   #5

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Welcome to the forum. Congrats on your new coach. And, thanks for your service! You'll find a lot of good help here.
Old 09-16-2017, 02:04 AM   #6

THOR #7091
Hang in there. Retirement will come sooner than you think. Those Can-Ams are really nice!
Old 09-16-2017, 02:20 AM   #7

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
Glad things are well with your travels. We drove our '16 Axis 24.1 from W. Yellowstone through Montana on our way back to So. CA last summer (16). Great trip and the Axis did great. Getting ready to replace the chassis battery for the first time....
Old 09-16-2017, 02:57 PM   #8

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #6999
Send a message via Skype™ to sage
I was fortunate to be able to retire when I was 55 and I've never regretted a minute of it. If someone had told me retirement was going to be this much fun I would have done it when I was 25!

When I was 21 I was stationed at Kalispell AFS in Lakeside, MT. I'm hoping I will be able to take my Vegas and head that direction next summer and see how things have changed.
Old 09-17-2017, 03:27 AM   #9
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Congrats!!! We put 9000 miles on ours this summer no issues. Safe travels!!
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:50 PM   #10

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage View Post
I was fortunate to be able to retire when I was 55 and I've never regretted a minute of it. If someone had told me retirement was going to be this much fun I would have done it when I was 25!

When I was 21 I was stationed at Kalispell AFS in Lakeside, MT. I'm hoping I will be able to take my Vegas and head that direction next summer and see how things have changed.

Retirement at 62 was not my idea but decided to make the best of it. Lost 40 pounds and got lots healthier on my bicycle, bought the motor home and am enjoying it a great deal. We're also new empty nesters and my wife and I have discovered that we REALLY enjoy touring this beautiful country and our time together. Retirement is like college only with a wonderful "girlfriend", a car, money (well SOME money) and no exams. What's not to like?!
Old 09-18-2017, 03:30 PM   #11

Model: Axis 25.5
State: Florida
THOR #4802
Welcome back to the world of RV'ing! Sounds like you're already enjoying your Vegas.

My first retirement was at age 48. Did 26 yrs with Jacksonville, FL sheriff's office. Our pension system started paying immediately upon retirement. Moved to Lake Seminole in SW Georgia and thought I could fish every day for the rest of my life. After 6 months I was climbing the walls. So, did another 10 yrs in law enforcement, them my sons conned me in to going in with them on opening a gym. We did that for another 8 yrs, were fairly successful and sold it at a nice profit in 2014. FINALLY, at age 70, I said enough is enough and, after 3 tries, retired for good. Looking forward to wearing out our Axis 25.5.
Old 09-18-2017, 03:42 PM   #12

THOR #7091
Indeed!