Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2020, 07:39 PM   #21

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: Texas
THOR #19813
You may have resolved the BMPro problem already, but is there enough functionality to pair the BMPro tablet with your phone using the BMPro app? Going from memory, if you can get the bottom button furthest to the right to show "PA" and then hit "EXT", the phone will link to the BMPro. I tend not to use the display on the wall and use my phone instead.

Old 09-12-2020, 07:47 PM   #22
Cpd

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New Hampshire
THOR #14097
Welcome! Sorry for your troubles.
Don't be surprised if someone from Thor contacts you after seeing this post. They apparently monitor the forum. Had one contact me for a problem we have with our slide...
Best of luck!
Old 09-12-2020, 08:16 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Hang in there!
It's sort of like passing a kidney stone: it feels AMAZING when it's over!
Old 09-12-2020, 08:17 PM   #24

Model: Axis 25.6
State: Washington
THOR #20407
Not possilbe. The BMPro screen is completely non-functional. As in blank or black screen. The reading is simply "88". Which, after 2 hours of research and a confirmation from thor means "system failure". In geek speak. Its worthless. The controls do not respond. Yes, I've even took it off the wall, disconnected and reconnecdted the little power cords. Its just like a computer motherboard. I used to fix them for a living many many years ago.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:36 PM   #25

Model: Axis 25.6
State: Washington
THOR #20407
I am reallllly glad you brought this up. I dearly HOPE that Thor reads this.

Early this week, a nice young woman calls me to "welcome me to the Thor family". She was completely unaware of anything I was facing (i purchased in early August, this was the 2nd week of September). I used to work helpdesk for a Microsoft vendor. I know whats going on. Its completely "metric" driven.

I am a tax preparer now. Have been for over 15 years. It felt very much like the IRS. The right hand has no idea what the left is doing. There is no even awareness that they should.

I asked her to look at "my file, my history", I could hear her typing, clicking, etc. Thennnn. She says "oh, I see you've been talking to (the chat woman)". The chat woman is the very nice woman I've had a separtic communication with via Chat. My point is, Thors protocal is not to have their outbound "Welcome" callers review a new buyers account....BEFORE...they call. Is comical.

Its one of the technology communication vendors selling them (thor) a package that will "efficiently address the most common problems and allow you to keep your support costs under control". But then they forget about it and "assume" its working. All the while destroying the large amount of marketing money they spend on advertisign, branding, and "delivering their message".

Needless to say, it felt like I got kicked in the stomach when I realized (15 seconds) who and why she was calling. She then told me something to the affect "oh....let me get someone to help you"...she transferred me to queue to wait. Thats where I spent 1hr. 20min. on hold listeing to how much they cared about me, etc. etc. I finally hung up. I timed it.

If your systems are literally breaking down so that your message of "we care" is being heard by people who are experiencing extreme real time unhappiness that you don't (care). TAKE THE MESSSAGE DOWN.

We alllllll are reminded of this insanely simple observation everytime any of us tries to get help over the phone with anything only to listen to a recording telling us how important we are. The psychology of this is unbelievable. its so sad...it can only be true. as the saying goes.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:45 PM   #26

Model: Regency Ultra Brougham IB
State: Arizona
THOR #13468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasur2 View Post
In addition, my cab AC only blows room temperature air, after a declining performance (getting warmer) drive home on its initial outing. The local Campers World told me they "don't do warranty work at this location", and from what I read, I may have to find a ford dealership because its a "chassis, not coach problem".
In my experience it is typical that RV dealers use the chassis dealers to take care of those issues. I just had a DEF warranty issue with my Ford diesel and brought it directly to the Ford dealership for service since they are the responsible party in any case. My RV dealer, from whom I bought the RV, told me that they would just take it to the Ford dealer anyway. Easier to just skip the middleman.
Old 09-12-2020, 08:47 PM   #27

State: California
THOR #7660
We bought a "used" Vegas 24.1 in 2014, with 4,000 miles on it from the dealer. No warranty, Had many of the same problems you described, but with the help of the dealer, Thor covered cost of the serious ones. I spent countless hours fixing others myself. So, after a year of ownership, it became pretty de-bugged. I did compose a long, letter addressed to the VP of Marketing, who appeared in the promo video, about how they lie about quality and support. Thor is a nasty company in my opinion, and hasn't improved.
Old 09-12-2020, 09:30 PM   #28

State: Indiana
THOR #4813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Your problems are certainly unfortunate and frustrating. But it’s not unusual to have such issues on a new RV. Shouldn’t be, but it is. In all probability they are not as serious as they seem to you right now. Your level of frustration however doesn’t bode well for the future. The issues can and will be resolved with patience and gentle persistence. Thor is actually pretty good about helping. But angry is not especially helpful. Ask specific questions here and you’ll get a world of help. Probably we can get you up and running again and at least started on the learning curve.

But the RV lifestyle isn’t for everyone. It looks easy, fun and like a cost effective way to travel. It’s not especially easy and it’s darned expensive. If it’s not even fun for you there’s not much left..... welcome to the best RV forum and good luck.
Maybe you think Thor’s decent with clients but most of us hate them! They build crap, charge you a fortune for that crap, then don’t fix it for you. Many of us scrimped and saved for that retirement dream to travel and are stuck with rigs that have major issues. We bought a 2007 class A with no issues. Decided 4 years ago to upgrade to a new one that was more expensive and had some features we really wanted. We’ve had nothing but issues with it. Thor rep told me once, “we started churning them out and didn’t have good quality control but we hope to fix that in the future”. Gee that’s really decent of Thor to acknowledge the problem but refuse to help the folks they screwed over in the meantime. No way would I sell it to someone else with the issues it has.
Old 09-12-2020, 09:39 PM   #29

Model: Forest River Forester 235
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by breenw View Post
Maybe you think Thor’s decent with clients but most of us hate them! They build crap, charge you a fortune for that crap, then don’t fix it for you. Many of us scrimped and saved for that retirement dream to travel and are stuck with rigs that have major issues. We bought a 2007 class A with no issues. Decided 4 years ago to upgrade to a new one that was more expensive and had some features we really wanted. We’ve had nothing but issues with it. Thor rep told me once, “we started churning them out and didn’t have good quality control but we hope to fix that in the future”. Gee that’s really decent of Thor to acknowledge the problem but refuse to help the folks they screwed over in the meantime. No way would I sell it to someone else with the issues it has.

Yours certainly is a common opinion, but when I had my Thor it had very few issues and for the ones it did have Thor couldn’t have been more responsive or helpful. Just my experience. Now CW is a different story.... my Winnebago had more problems than my Thor.
Old 09-12-2020, 09:42 PM   #30

Model: Axis 24.1
THOR #19851
Hang in there its overwhelming sometimes . I have 2021 Axis 24.1 and I have had problems. But nothing major and I stay on the dealer and on Thor to make sure there both on same page. And I request a certain customer service person most of the time when I call. First year bank on repairs.
Old 09-12-2020, 10:08 PM   #31

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
THOR #13932
You scrimping and saving to buy an entry level used vehicle is a you thing, not a Thor thing.
As always said here:
Attitude shines brightly.
Congratutions on not getting the treatment others of us get.
It's a you thing, not a Thor thing.

How do you think, for even a vague thought of a thought, some here are treated so well and you weren't?

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 10:27 PM   #32

Model: VEGAS 27.7
State: Florida
THOR #14226
OK
Call Mark Mullis
Direct 813.690.4528
Mobile 813.690.4528
Free 800.860.5658
Fax 574.294.8971
kmullis@tmcrv.com
I had several issues. Mark had Thor's Customer Service contact me and got my issues satisfied.
Mark is S.E. Product Manager
Miramar, Windsport, Vegas

I feel like he can direct you to someone to help you.
Old 09-12-2020, 10:54 PM   #33

Brand: Jayco
State: New Jersey
THOR #19560
I bought one new in 2018. It spent months in CW for warrantee work. Thor customer service was great. All the parts we needed, they never said no. CW took weeks and months. One time five weeks before they returned it to us with the problem not fixed. Got fed up and traded it in on "Some Other Brand" next level up coach. Everything on my dream list is on this coach. AND IT ALL WORKS!! Cost a fist full of money to make the upgrade. It's a great coach with all the bugs already repaired. THEN CAME THE PANDEMIC!!! Sometimes you have to go with the flow! Fortunately, we can park it in our driveway at home. I go out and pat it's nose. Good luck to you....it takes time.
Old 09-12-2020, 11:07 PM   #34

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by salzerj@comcast.net View Post
I go out and pat it's nose.

Some one on this forum takes their rv out to dinner and eat in the restaurant parking lot.
I thought it a great idea. We'll be doing that this week.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 11:26 PM   #35

Model: ACE 27.2
THOR #14923
I bought a slightly used 2018 Thor ACE 27.2 a year and a half ago. Had 5800 miles on it. I needed to align it, but all was well. I subsequently learned hot water was coming out of my toilet when on city water and there was hot/cold reversal. (weird.). After getting the technical pics from Thor, and going on the forums, I was finally able to figure out what to do, and corrected it (got a lot of suggestions, well meaning but none worked. Also had a few say “that’s impossible.” No, it wasn’t). So, on a 3-4 week Flyfishing trip thru Montana, etc., my cabin (chassis) A/C slowly got hotter and hotter in 100 degree heat in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming, like yours did. The Ford truck repair place in north Las Vegas worked me in (great people) and found that a fitting by an evaporator was loose, and the Freon leaked out. Tightened, refilled, tested, all good. Plus a few hours by the pool and a night in town (pre Covid). Compared to the other horror stories I’ve heard, I’m damn lucky. I do most things myself (including oil changes, washes, the usual fixes, etc.). Keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 09-13-2020, 12:26 AM   #36

THOR #16919
A few things...
1. Maybe you view yourself as not mechanically inclined and that may be true. So maybe you can make your RV experience a learning experience as well as a leisure experience.
2. It helps if you consider an RV as basically a home on wheels. There are lots of things that can break or need maintenance in a home that is built on solid ground. RV’s have many of the same components of a house but they are also put through the stress of driving down the road which can lead to a lot of movement on those components. Things are going to go wrong so expect it and be prepared to deal with it.
3. Whatever you think you know about new vehicle warranties don’t try to apply that knowledge to RV warranties. On RV’s there are different coverages depending on what it is that your dealing with. The vehicle cab and chassis including the engine and drivetrain are not Thor’s problem. If it’s a Ford or Chevy then that’s the responsibility of the vehicle manufacturers. Thor is basically responsible for the Coach portion. The appliances are covered by the manufacturers of the appliances. So get over the thought of just bitching at Thor for every thing that goes wrong.
4. Spend some time learning everything you can about your RV. Get familiar with all the systems and most importantly learn how to drive it safely if you don’t already have experience in driving large vehicles.
5. Things are going to break and go wrong but try to have fun with it because there is a good reason that so many people have RV’s.
6. Lastly, take a breath and get your thoughts together and try not to rant on these forums because nobody really wants to hear that. Most of us if not all of us have had RV drama. If you have questions or experiences and can help someone out with something then please do.
2017 Thor Miramar 34.1
Crimson Quartz
Dilley Dilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 10:38 AM   #37

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
Yours certainly is a common opinion, but when I had my Thor it had very few issues and for the ones it did have Thor couldn’t have been more responsive or helpful. Just my experience. Now CW is a different story.... my Winnebago had more problems than my Thor.
I’d be interested in hearing how your first year of Newmar ownership was. My independent RV repair shop says he has seen fewer problems with them.
Old 09-13-2020, 11:36 AM   #38

THOR #18343
Find yourself a different RV dealer to help you with your repairs, even if you have to travel to get there! CW stores/dealers are controlled by a corporation, and they only do what corporate tells them to do! PERIOD!
Most people who purchase an RV from CW, never go back and purchase another!
There are still many privately owned family dealers out there! And believe it or not most have tech’s that are great at what they do!
An RV is like a boat! some call them money pits some call them second homes...
Old 09-13-2020, 12:35 PM   #39
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msdpok View Post
Find yourself a different RV dealer to help you with your repairs, even if you have to travel to get theres...
I agree 137%
This sounds as if the dealership isn't doing it's job.
Old 09-13-2020, 01:37 PM   #40

Model: Forest River Forester 235
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
I’d be interested in hearing how your first year of Newmar ownership was. My independent RV repair shop says he has seen fewer problems with them.

It’s had its share of issues although most are not Newmar’s fault. All three batteries failed shortly after we purchased it - I believe because it was on the dealers lot for many months and the batteries were neglected. The Norcold fridge died utterly on our first trip. Replaced by Norcold. The water heater wouldn’t light on gas and I replaced the control board myself which fixed it. The entry steps got stuck which I fixed. The biggest issue - which IS on Newmar is that the upholstery is starting to crack and flake after 9 months and only 6,000 (COVID limited!) miles. It’s still under warranty so we’ll see what Newmar does. Notwithstanding, I love my coach. It seems to be well made and is just beautiful. It also was cheaper than anything we looked at of similar size.

Tags
bmpro, master controller.