Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-21-2020, 04:23 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Omni RB34
State: Oregon
THOR #20891
Hello from the Pacific Northwest

Hello,
I’ve already posted a few, so I thought I better introduce myself.

We have a Thor Omni RB34 on order, expect by year-end (hopefully). It won’t be our first RV. We’re trading in a Thor Freedom Elite 26HE. Loved it, but hated the folding bed and weak gas power, hence the Omni. Also used to have a Ram 3500 diesel DRW with Northern Lite camper. We did lots of horse camping. Pulling the full horse trailer up the Cascades with the Ram spoiled me on the gas motorhome. Gotta have a diesel, not to mention the more comfortable truck cab.

Learned a lot dry camping with horses. 160w Zamp Solar, Deep Cycle 6v 250AH, Fantastic Fans, generators, water conservation. We no longer horse camp, but now have Golden Retrievers. Need extra couches/beds, and floor space.

Now grandchild in Arizona that we’ll kidnap after Spring Training. We’ll spend summers in the northern mountains, springs & falls in Arizona. (Holidays are still home in Central Oregon). Still plan to drive east someday.

I know there is still much to learn about Trucks, Motorhomes, Equipment. That’s why I’m here. I’m a career office boy, not enough dirt under my nails, so I hope to learn lots, if anything it’s to know when to rely on professionals. (Finding a good RV Sales/Service organization has been a mission too).

I hope my questions won’t be too nuisance. I’m still ignorant on many technical things, but try not to be stupid.

Happy Trails, Be Safe out there.
Don

Old 10-21-2020, 11:06 AM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Hi Don!
So if you're no longer horse camping: does that mean that you are now "golden retriever" camping?
It seems that you have plenty of great stories to tell, and we'd love to hear them!
Old 10-21-2020, 11:29 AM   #3

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
Thanks for the introduction and welcome to the forum
Old 10-21-2020, 11:33 AM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congrats and welcome.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #5

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Welcome to the forum. When you have a question, just ask and someone will have an answer to help you out.

Paul
Old 10-21-2020, 05:06 PM   #6

THOR #20891
With horses and now Goldens, I do know about spring shedding. A hand held vac helps keep the RV loose hair somewhat under control. Shirts and sweaters are another thing...
Old 10-21-2020, 05:17 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
That extra layer just helps to keep you warm...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2021, 05:30 PM   #8

THOR #20891
Well, I expect a phone call sometime next week to come down to see my new 2021 Omni RB34. I ordered last October. Hopefully, it will pass inspection.

From another post, I have this inspection list I've given my Sales Rep:
1. The Slide. It's big & heavy. Makes sure it slides properly, no dragging wheels. Make sure all plumbing stays connected. (Kitchen sink drain seems to be the one item commonly disconnecting.)
2. Support brackets for truck running boards. Make sure they're still there. They seem to fall off.
3. The front cabover. Judge's well documented separation issue. I want to see it auto-level without separation. (The parking lot is not level, so hopefully it will be a adequate first test.) Check weight limit sticker.
4. All the other usual tests: Appliances work, outlets work, ducts clean, under bed clean, cabinet & drawers clean, etc.
I've now added:
5. Check for hot water in shower. Make sure faucet doesn't allow cold water to shut off tankless water heater.
6. (What have I forgotten? Help me out.)

Rep made a big deal about how this Dealer inspects and tests these units before the walkthrough with the client. Says they want to find any issues before their clients do. He has said to plan for a multi-hour walkthrough. This is a well-respected high-end Class A & Super C dealer in Oregon. They have 30 days inspection on Thor's dime, including any nicks and scrapes on the drive out from Indiana, then my one year warranty. I've given him several links to this Forums posts, including Judge's. Rep has acknowledged reading them. We'll see if the Dealer delivers on the promise. I sure hope their reputation is well earned.

I'll update this thread with my inspection, and hopefully, purchase experience.
Old 01-23-2021, 06:25 PM   #9
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Good luck: I hope that the delivery experience exceeds all of your expectations!
Old 01-29-2021, 02:00 AM   #10

THOR #20891
Got word that my rv arrived at the dealer today. Driven from Indiana to Bend, Oregon. Sales Rep says they are washing it up; lots of snow and wet weather between there and here. Then, they will begin the full inspection. I don’t yet have my inspection date. It depends on what, if any (yeah,right), the dealer finds in their inspection. More to come...
Old 01-29-2021, 02:30 AM   #11

State: Washington
THOR #6433
Congratulations and welcome
Old 01-29-2021, 01:07 PM   #12

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear the long awaited motor home has arrived at your local dealership.

Paul
Old 02-10-2021, 04:09 PM   #13

THOR #20891
Dealer is doing work on the new unit. I’m now moved out to Feb 19 for my walk through. They want to replace windshield. Say it’s got nicks from the drive out from Indiana...
Old 02-10-2021, 04:42 PM   #14
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Just over a week away... Is it starting to feel like Christmas Eve to you yet?
Old 02-10-2021, 04:49 PM   #15

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Rvchecklist is an app with 288 pdi checkmarks and can be added to for items not on the list.

Download it and use it to your great advantage.
And
Run that slide in and out a dozen times. One time use only proves electrical connection. It won't show much as far as binding or it cutting its own groove.
And
QUADRUPLE check that windshield and ask who warrants the seal now that it has been replaced.
Lord knows I've had some absolutely goofy windshield transients install some absolutely goofy seals.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2021, 04:37 AM   #16

THOR #20891
Picked up our Omni RB34 today. Started walk-through about 9:30 am.

Complete examination of interior took 3 hours. That included the electronic control system. Only issue was bunk bed door slide track. It was loose causing difficult door siding. Track was easy to tighten. Works great now. Replacements for the scraped doors are on order from Thor. Clean ducts, all appliances work, no sawdust.

After lunch break, outside examination took 1 hour. Bins and running boards solid. Jacks, slide and awning operations were smooth. As mentioned before, windshield will be replaced (didn't get done due to failed delivery from Portland due to weather over the pass). Similar nicks to paint were repaired. Outside looks great.

The only other issue was interesting. The 7-pin wiring for the Toad didn't have power. Thor pointed finger at Ford. Ford pointed finger at Thor. Dealer tech could find connection at truck battery but couldn't follow it to rear plug. If there is a fuse in the line, techs couldn't find it. Dealer got authorization from Thor to run new powerline from battery to plug. Techs did it. All is good.

So, after completing the wiring, Dealer de-winterized, filled diesel, filled propane, filled fresh water. We brought rig home at 5:00 pm. I'm (& DW) happy.

So, for now, our only pending items are 1) bunk doors, 2) windshield, 3) undercoating (didn't get my extra undercoating due to the delays in fixing wiring). We're heading to Arizona for three month break-in. Will see if more items need attention.

We're happy with the Dealer sales & service team, and the rig itself.
Old 02-21-2021, 01:34 PM   #17

Model: Four Winds 19G
State: Maine
THOR #22134
I had a golden who didn't mind being vacuumed...cut out the middle man!