Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 04-24-2020, 04:15 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 27.7
State: North Carolina
THOR #16745
Question New Owner/Question about keys

Hello Everyone, My husband (Rick) and I (April), recently picked up our 2020 Vegas 27.7 in VA. We live in NC. We had laid my mother to rest the day before and all the quarantine and social distancing was just going into effect. To say the least, we weren’t thinking 100% and didn’t have our check list with us. I had done so much research and had made an extensive list to follow. We are slowly finding things here and there that we know is just sloppy work from Thor. My husband is very handy and mechanically inclined so he is able to fix most items. From reading your post on here we know not to take it to the dealer and leave it for repairs until the scheduled day of repair, THANKS!!

I do have a question did you all receive 2 sets of keys when you purchased your RV?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0D9AF0B1-6E12-4FCC-8DD0-65739F627385.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	190.8 KB
ID:	23439  

Old 04-24-2020, 04:30 AM   #2

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Arizona
THOR #5820
Yes, we received 2 sets of keys with our 2016 24.1 Vegas....I’m thinking you should have also....I would definitely be asking the Dealer as to why you only got one set......
Old 04-24-2020, 08:21 AM   #3

Model: 2019 Aria 4000
State: Utah
THOR #15943
First, welcome to the Forum!

Our Aria came with two sets-the 2nd being stuffed inside the portfolio with all the paperwork. We had to ask our salesman where they were.
GVP
Old 04-24-2020, 11:25 AM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
When I purchased my first coach.... a new 2018 Outlaw 29H... the dealer tried to tell me it only comes with one set of keys. I never found a second set so I ended up ordering blanks online and made a couple more sets.

About 5 months later, the second set showed up in the mail.

In any case, I always make a couple spare sets of keys.
Old 04-24-2020, 11:28 AM   #5

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
We received 2 sets when we bought ours.
Old 04-24-2020, 01:26 PM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
Model: S.O.B.
THOR #14543
We only got one set on delivery. The MH had been brought in from another dealer's location, and apparently the second set was lost in the shuffle. But the GM of our dealership got a second set made for us.

You definitely should have gotten two sets.
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2020, 10:12 PM   #7

Model: 24.1 Axis
State: Minnesota
THOR #15131
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAWeems View Post
Hello Everyone, My husband (Rick) and I (April), recently picked up our 2020 Vegas 27.7 in VA. We live in NC. We had laid my mother to rest the day before and all the quarantine and social distancing was just going into effect. To say the least, we weren’t thinking 100% and didn’t have our check list with us. I had done so much research and had made an extensive list to follow. We are slowly finding things here and there that we know is just sloppy work from Thor. My husband is very handy and mechanically inclined so he is able to fix most items. From reading your post on here we know not to take it to the dealer and leave it for repairs until the scheduled day of repair, THANKS!!

I do have a question did you all receive 2 sets of keys when you purchased your RV?
I purchased a used 24.1 Axis and needed another set of keys. If you Google the name on the key and contact them, they will send you a set.
Old 05-04-2020, 11:59 PM   #8
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Rohde View Post
I purchased a used 24.1 Axis and needed another set of keys. If you Google the name on the key and contact them, they will send you a set.
Trimark may send you the door keys if you know the number.
You can buy CH751 keys almost anywhere.
I don't think Ford will send you any ignition keys but they will be happy to make one for you (for a price).

The problem is: the OP should have got two full sets of keys from the dealer when they purchased the coach.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 12:27 AM   #9

Model: S.O.B.
THOR #14543
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
You can buy CH751 keys almost anywhere.
I've got about a dozen CH751 keys. But my 2019 30FE doesn't have a single 751 lock. Apparently, somebody woke up and realized that half of the world's population has keys that can open storage bins on a huge number of RVs.
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 01:29 AM   #10

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Make sure you get two ignition keys, or fobs. I wanted a third made for the Gemini, MB wanted almost $600.00 for it. Needless to say, we lived with the two provided at delivery.
Old 05-05-2020, 02:38 AM   #11

THOR #16745
Thanks, we did contact them and found that the guy in the service dept. still had them. They are sending them to us this week along with the new cable for our driver side mirror camera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony&Sheryl View Post
Yes, we received 2 sets of keys with our 2016 24.1 Vegas....I’m thinking you should have also....I would definitely be asking the Dealer as to why you only got one set......
Old 05-05-2020, 02:49 AM   #12

THOR #16745
Thanks everyone!! We found out that the service guy at the dealership had them the whole time but had been out so no one knew. They are suppose to send them to us this week. We had been told by a friend about the 751 keys so my husband has already changed those out. Now to figure out this generator fault that won’t go away. I can tell this forum is gonna be a big help!!
Old 05-05-2020, 03:01 AM   #13

Model: Tuscany
State: Texas
THOR #1808
Quote:
Thanks everyone!! We found out that the service guy at the dealership had them the whole time but had been out so no one knew. They are suppose to send them to us this week. We had been told by a friend about the 751 keys so my husband has already changed those out. Now to figure out this generator fault that won’t go away. I can tell this forum is gonna be a big help!!
want a laugh?? our tuscany came with three sets of keys...yes 3. only one set would work in the ignition. the other two no one could ever figure out who's coach they went to . the dealer never could figure it out
Old 05-05-2020, 08:54 AM   #14

THOR #18686
Thor delivery issues

Glad you got your keys. took delivery of a new 2020 vegas 27.7 last week. Lots of factory issues as well as poor delivery protocol at General RV. When I arrived for delivery the coach wasnt ready. I think they rushed thru it. Generator wouldnt start. Had to replace both house batteries while I waited. When I got down the road the roof cover for refrig was flapping in wind. never screwed down properly at factory. steering wheel was out of alignment . General had to take to Ford dealership. When I got the vehicle in storage I looked under and found another dump valve on black tank. yes..it has two black dump valves and if you don't open both.. the poop wont drain. I had to spray most of the locks with lithium .. pretty corroded. The RV had 1200 miles from delivery and I just noticed the generator had 44 hours on it..so they must have ran that all the way in delivery. Since the first recommended service is 50 hours I'm having that done this week before I use the RV.. and because I didnt catch it at delivery, Im sure I'll have to pay for it. Too bad some careless rushed work at the factory..and poor process on delivery have to hurt the reputation of both the brand and dealer.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:34 AM   #15

THOR #16050
Condolences for your loss but congrats on the new 27.7. I have the very same one. We did receive two sets of keys.
Quote:

Old 05-10-2020, 02:00 PM   #16

State: New Jersey
THOR #17785
I bought used 2015 from dealer and they gave me two complete sets of keys
Old 05-10-2020, 02:50 PM   #17

State: Michigan
THOR #17909
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbjimb View Post
Glad you got your keys. took delivery of a new 2020 vegas 27.7 last week. Lots of factory issues as well as poor delivery protocol at General RV. When I arrived for delivery the coach wasnt ready. I think they rushed thru it. Generator wouldnt start. Had to replace both house batteries while I waited. When I got down the road the roof cover for refrig was flapping in wind. never screwed down properly at factory. steering wheel was out of alignment . General had to take to Ford dealership. When I got the vehicle in storage I looked under and found another dump valve on black tank. yes..it has two black dump valves and if you don't open both.. the poop wont drain. I had to spray most of the locks with lithium .. pretty corroded. The RV had 1200 miles from delivery and I just noticed the generator had 44 hours on it..so they must have ran that all the way in delivery. Since the first recommended service is 50 hours I'm having that done this week before I use the RV.. and because I didnt catch it at delivery, Im sure I'll have to pay for it. Too bad some careless rushed work at the factory..and poor process on delivery have to hurt the reputation of both the brand and dealer.
That’s one of the many reasons I stay clear of General RV.
Old 05-10-2020, 03:49 PM   #18
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I'm sorry for your loss...

...Bur Glad to see that the keys have been found!
Old 05-10-2020, 05:14 PM   #19

Model: Hurricane 35m
THOR #13505
How many keys

Quote:

Gotten 2 sets with every RV we have purchases. When we trade them in, they get four sets of keys.
I have local lock smith that makes me extra sets off all the keys!
Changed one of my storage cabinets with thumb combo lock and then put in coded lock box for extra set!

Can't find a touch pad lock to fit our new Thor yet.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:00 PM   #20

Model: Freedom Elite 30FE
State: Arkansas
THOR #12827
When we purchased our “used” 2018 Freedom Elite (in 2018 and it had only 1063 miles on it), we were told there were 2 sets of keys. But, at the moment they couldn’t find the second set. We had them state in the delivery documentation that a second set was forthcoming.
After Repeated stops at the dealer they said they couldn’t find the second set. I asked them what they were going to do about it and after some hem and hawing, they called a local locksmith and told them I would be stopping by and they were to make a second set for me and the dealer would pay for them.
Sometimes it pays to be a squeaky wheel.
LandKO is offline   Reply With Quote