Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 03-05-2017, 06:06 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Georgia
THOR #6687
New Member and New RVer

Hi. The wife and I just bought a 2015 Four Winds 22E. We know it is the very basic model, but will be using it for Mission Building and the mileage was very low (6789) and we got a good deal. We expect things to go wrong, so will be asking for help on this forum.

The wife has been working with Youth With a Mission for 15 years. I am retired Army (24 years). We hope to get many miles from this unit both in sight seeing and mission building.

One thing that we would really like to have is a rearview/backup camera system. I have researched many, but there are pros and cons to all, so, any recommendations?

Thanks, glad to be here and hope to meet some of you on the road.

Old 03-05-2017, 06:31 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top2MP View Post
Hi. The wife and I just bought a 2015 Four Winds 22E. We know it is the very basic model, but will be using it for Mission Building and the mileage was very low (6789) and we got a good deal. We expect things to go wrong, so will be asking for help on this forum.

The wife has been working with Youth With a Mission for 15 years. I am retired Army (24 years). We hope to get many miles from this unit both in sight seeing and mission building.

One thing that we would really like to have is a rearview/backup camera system. I have researched many, but there are pros and cons to all, so, any recommendations?

Thanks, glad to be here and hope to meet some of you on the road.
I had a wireless on my RV that went south on me and I bought a replacement from Tadi Brothers https://www.tadibrothers.com/. It was very well priced and I didn't need a bunch of bells and whistles I just wanted to see behind me and it works great and I didn't have to run wires except for power to rear camera which was a matter of connecting to a light and the monitor plugs into cig lighter. Works great.
Old 03-05-2017, 06:36 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: Georgia
THOR #6687
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNMIB View Post
I had a wireless on my RV that went south on me and I bought a replacement from Tadi Brothers https://www.tadibrothers.com/. It was very well priced and I didn't need a bunch of bells and whistles I just wanted to see behind me and it works great and I didn't have to run wires except for power to rear camera which was a matter of connecting to a light and the monitor plugs into cig lighter. Works great.
Thanks. Did you wire the camera to a running light? Did you have to drill holes in the camper skin, or did you use a license plate camera?
Old 03-05-2017, 10:28 PM   #4

Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
There was a camera there and a hole was already drilled into back of RV and the wire was wired into a rear light above the bed in the rear cabinet. The light is directly above the bed mounted to overhead cabinet. Hope that makes sense.