Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 09-11-2016, 03:22 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Oregon
THOR #5395
Want to buy a Palazzo 3.4!

We are looking for a late model (2016? maybe older) low mileage Thor Palazzo 3.4 (no other model pls). We can pay cash but unfortunately can only pay $115-120K max which we realize is under market. But if you want a quick sale and have a recent 3.4 Palazzo we would be interested in talking w you. Use the forum or call us at 916 257 2097. Thanks, and feel free to pass this on!

Best...AJ Fraties

Old 10-12-2016, 05:20 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: California
THOR #4427
You can probably pickup a new 2017 for around $140,000.
bakjong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 05:23 PM   #3

State: Minnesota
THOR #5685
Exclamation do not buy a Thor

Thor motor coach is does not honor there warranty. I bought this brand new motor home bring it to the dealer 2 times so far the first time it took them two weeks to do nothing the second time. I dropped it May 26 picked it up August 15 nothing is done it is in worse shape now then I bring it in I called the dealer at least 20 time Thor 20 times to see why it was not done all they said waiting for parts. What that meant was Thor was not sending the parts to fix it. Thor is all lies and nothing gets done. Now want me to bring it back in on September 28 so they can work on it for another month.
Then it will be winter and nothing will have been done by that time it will be out of warranty. The reason I bought this thing was to take my wife a few vacation because she has stage 4 cancer you think Thor cares about anything other than their own pockets. No you're the sucker you bought it that's all I got out of them so far. I urge anyone thinking about buying Thor motor coach buy something else they are junk.here is a full list of what is wrong. 2015 THOR PALAZZO 33.2
IN DEF COMPARTMENT LOOK UP TO RIGHT HOT & COLD WATER LINES ARE EXPOSED ARE NOT INSULATED.
ALSO WATER GETS IN ON PASSENGER SIDE LEAKS WATER IN.
WHEN YOU TURN ON THE HEAD LIGHTS WHEN THE ENGINE IS OFF THE DEF GAUGE FLASHES LIKE YOU HAVE THE ENGINE RUNNING ALSO THE GENERATOR LIGHT COMES ON LIKE IT IS RUNNING.
LOWER BLANK DRAWER BOTTOM JUST RIGHT OF STOVE LOOSE.
2 SCREW COVERS MISSING ON BLANK COVER IN BATH.
LARGE HOLES UNDER BED WHERE POWER COMES IN & WHERE AIR INTAKE IS FOR ENGINE. COVES ARE OFF NOW YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK PLUMING HOLES AS WELL.
WATER PUMP LOOKS LIKE IT IS LEAKING PINK PUDDLE UNDER IT.
RAIDO DOES NOT COME VERY GOOD LIKE ANTENNA IS NOT HOOKED UP OR BAD.LEAVING JACKS KREEP UP AFTER SITTING FOR ABOUT 24 HOURSROOF SEAM IS COMING OFF FRONT PASANGER SIDE
ENTRY DOOR STICKS OPEN HARD
Rubber molding missing on passenger side window front.
Large vent cover on roof is lose.The is spacing seams to be off on drive wheels also the seal is coming off on small slid.Out side tv door leaks water on to tv when door is shut & locked.
Thor said that you can paint the rust under the Motor home with rust inhibitor paint & said they will be sending a shield for DEF floor & back side.Shower door falls out every time you open the door.
Auto leveler system does not level drivers side is 2.5 in to low side to side front to rear is off 1in tried to get thus to work 3 times.
Rear camera is mounted upside down.In bedroom night stand on both side gets road grim & dust in drawer bed floor & dresser topsThor said there is a recall on steps they do not go all the way in or out.Water heater does not give out hot water also does not fire on gas.Furnace does not heat coach to temp on thermostat also when you set to furnace rear a/c comes on.All under compartments leak water & road sand.Long Slide does not seal from out side to in side also does not go all the way out or in all the way. All seals are bad there NO complete seal from out side to inside open a drawer you can look out sideI do not know if this is a problem or not the coach was in charge mode and the batters where boiling the screen said 15.7 volts at 63amps. seamed high to me so i shut down can you let me know if this is right or not.When you turn right the screen flickers for the camera.When you stand at the door looking at the motorhome lower left corner something seams to be wrong with the paint.When Motor home sits for about 2 weeks brakes lock up you have to push accelerator pedal down about half way to get it to brake free.Also when you stop every time you smell the brakes in side of the motor home.Rubber molding missing on passenger side window front.

2015 THOR PALAZZO 33.2

KEEPS SAYING LOW VOLTAGE FROM ENGINE.

SAYS ON DISPLAY TEMP & COMPASS IS MISSING.

GENERATOR SMOKES WHEN STARTS LIKE GLOW PLUGS ARE BAD.

CHECK ENGANE LIGHT COMES ON AND GOES OFF

I THERE A HEAD LIGHT SWITCH THAT KEEPS THE LOW BEAMS ON WITH THE HIGH BEAMS ONLY IN HIGH ?
Old 10-12-2016, 06:15 PM   #4

THOR #4427
sorry to hear you are having so many issues. I have not experience any of the issues you had mentioned. I would look for a good outside warranty shop and let them take care of all those issues. That is what I would do. Our issue is the windows. We would like to replace all the windows with the older model ones, would like to be able to open the windows and stick our heads out at the beach.
Also we will be changing out the couch next to the entrance.
Old 10-12-2016, 06:26 PM   #5

Brand: Redwood
Model: 36FB
State: Arizona
THOR #3610
Have you contacted/talked to Thor directly? If not, start with whoever answers the phone & work up from there all the way to the president if necessary. It's been my experience when your dealer keeps telling you "we're waiting on parts" that's their way of saying we don't know what the hell we're doing & stalling as long as possible by blaming Thor. If the coach is usable I'd tell them to call when parts arrive & give them a day to fix it, no way would it set in their lot for weeks/months while others are in & out. Have Thor send you to a dealer that can do something besides pass the buck & ride their thumbs, unfortunately most rv dealers are the weakest link in the entire system. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, stay on'em.
Replacement undetermined
Travelin' Texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 07:24 PM   #6

Model: Windsport 27K
State: Florida
THOR #2154
Well that's a very interesting post if not too well organized or expressed. Really, no need to post the same diatribe in multiple threads either. Many of the problems you noted should have been obvious to you before signing the dotted line. It does sound like the dealer is as much to blame as the manufacturer - unfortunately a theme that is not uncommon.

Most of us on this forum already have Thor RV's, so I'm not sure we are your intended audience.
Old 10-12-2016, 11:24 PM   #7

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Pomk, sorry you are having s many problems! We are on our second Thor coach, we have had a couple of warranty issues on the first and the second but they were always taken care of quickly. Sounds to me like you have a dealer problem! Like cars there are good and bad, have had a couple of lemons that I had to fight to get resolved, very frustrating. I know you buy a coach to enjoy, NOT sit in the shop.

IMHO, I would have a calm talk with Thor customer service, explain your problems and frustrations and see if they are willing to help, maybe ask to speak to the regional manager. A company usually doesn't stay in business long without good customer service. My experience with Thor, and I'm sure a lot of others too, has always been good. I certainly wish you the best.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:31 AM   #8

THOR #5685
Yes I have

I called Thor Motor Coach the main office at least 10 times, I have called Thor service at least 40 times. I ether get we will not fix it or dead air or they want to jerry rig it so i may shut up. When you spend $170,000 plus you should get something that is worth that, not something that sits in your yard that kills the grass that you an't use.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:44 AM   #9

THOR #5685
Thor problems

I put some pictures in 1st is the under compartments after driving 100 miles in the rain. 2nd is the body is off , Thor wants to cut the wheel well out to 55inches when all the rest are at 48 inches.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2414.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	3158   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2474.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	3159  

Old 10-13-2016, 01:47 AM   #10

THOR #5685
Thor problems

the problems most of are to bad no one will work on it
Old 10-13-2016, 02:02 AM   #11

THOR #4427
if you ever decide to come out to Los Angeles, I have someone that will take care of it. He is a Thor Authorized Repair Shop.

J&L RV repair (Joe)
8364 Sultana
Fontana, CA
909-428-2194
Old 10-13-2016, 12:34 PM   #12

Model: 37GT
THOR #5246
pomk, sorry you are frustrated with Thor and your dealer. I read you original posting twice. As someone already mentioned, I would never have taken delivery or paid for that coach with so many obvious things wrong. As far as some of the other things that may have been overlooked, many of them I would have fixed myself long ago, like a couple of missing screws, or the entry door being hard to open. Heck, I silicon spray my entry door hinges and awning every month to keep things smooth.

I think you need to "climb the ladder" at Thor but first try to get your list down to actual needed repairs. I have only owned a couple different makes of RV's but after several years of experience I think almost everyone agrees that good quality isn't a top priority in the industry.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 04:32 PM   #13

State: Texas
THOR #4838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
pomk, sorry you are frustrated with Thor and your dealer. I read you original posting twice. As someone already mentioned, I would never have taken delivery or paid for that coach with so many obvious things wrong. As far as some of the other things that may have been overlooked, many of them I would have fixed myself long ago, like a couple of missing screws, or the entry door being hard to open. Heck, I silicon spray my entry door hinges and awning every month to keep things smooth.

I think you need to "climb the ladder" at Thor but first try to get your list down to actual needed repairs. I have only owned a couple different makes of RV's but after several years of experience I think almost everyone agrees that good quality isn't a top priority in the industry.
I agree Joe that quality isn't a top priority in the industry which is really sad as from the problems I've seen most are not a hard fix. That being said I agree I would have never taken delivery of a RV with this much baggage. Too late anyway now, I would just take the advice of others and take your complaints up the ladder. In the North Texas area we have a host of news personality's that take customers complaints on and will get problems solved just like that. If you keep getting brushed aside you might think of taking it a step further.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:00 PM   #14

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Was it a NEW coach?

I noticed the RV you purchased is a 2015. We are heading into 2017 soon. Did you purchase this coach new or used? Did it present issues straight from the 'showroom' or were you using it for a year before the problems cropped up? It's a shame that so much is wrong with your purchase, but I sincerely believe most of the issues with waiting for parts, etc. comes from your dealer, NOT from Thor. The dealer will say absolutely anything to stall the service customer, and will usually blame Thor, but I've double-checked their claims (complete with shipping dates and tracking numbers) and found that Thor is quite the 'speedy Sams' when it comes to approvals and shipping of parts; It always was the service department at a certain dealer that was delaying the work. Just my opinions and experiences, though.
If your purchase was a BRAND NEW coach, why don't you look into the Lemon Laws in your state, sue them and perhaps get something other than a Thor product; something you'd be happier with? I believe that in states where Lemon Law covers RV's, you've probably already met all criteria for that type of remedy.
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 11:14 PM   #15

THOR #5685
Thor problems

I bought it brand new in January 15 of 2016 all visible problems where noted when I picked it up I did not know about hot water or heat or seals leaking until we used the first week in may. At that point it was already back to the dealer to fix some of the issues some where done some where not. After we got back from your 4 day 250 mile trip it went back to the dealer on May 26th and sat there until August 22nd the main reason I found out nothing was getting done was the dealer was going out of business Thor new this and WOULD NOT SEND ANY parts to fix it. Yes I have started with the lemon law. in my last post look at the letter THOR sent NOW they had that rv for 4 months to work on.
Old 10-16-2016, 04:50 AM   #16

Model: Windsport34F
THOR #3382
Thor problems

I feel your pain with THOR. Their warranty is absolutely worthless, and there is no one in their entire organization that cares about customers that get stuck with shabbily constructed motor homes. Mine too, was bought brand new, and has had nothing but problems. It has spent months in the shop with multiple problems, including; slide, electrical problems, generator problems, leaking roof and windows, levelers, plumbing leaks, and it has burned up 3 sets of house batteries, which THOR refused to cover.

People with no experience with THOR warranty service on a major failure, or multiple failures, have no idea what you are talking about, when you praise the service at THOR. If you did, you would know that trying to get to someone who is concerned about your problems, and is willing, or able to help, is impossible. No one like that exists, it's a culture of indifference to customers concerns. The higher you go, the worse it gets, if anyone even bothers to return your messages.

When traveling, and breaking down, you will find you THOR Warranty no help at all. THOR dealers want NOTHING to do with repairing THOR products under warranty, that were not purchased at their location. As more than one dealer explained it to me, THOR will not reimburse them enough on warranty repairs to cover their costs. So if they didn't make a profit on the sale, they don't want to lose money making repairs. I don't blame them for that, as shoddily designed, engineered, and constructed as THOR products are, having to make too many repairs under warranty is a money loser.

My experience with THOR has been a nightmare. Your experience may differ. If you want to gamble $100K of your money to see which experience you may have, well, as they say, it's a free country.
Old 10-16-2016, 12:38 PM   #17

Model: 37GT
THOR #5246
Quote:
Originally Posted by winder1 View Post
I feel your pain with THOR. Their warranty is absolutely worthless, and there is no one in their entire organization that cares about customers that get stuck with shabbily constructed motor homes. Mine too, was bought brand new, and has had nothing but problems. It has spent months in the shop with multiple problems, including; slide, electrical problems, generator problems, leaking roof and windows, levelers, plumbing leaks, and it has burned up 3 sets of house batteries, which THOR refused to cover.

People with no experience with THOR warranty service on a major failure, or multiple failures, have no idea what you are talking about, when you praise the service at THOR. If you did, you would know that trying to get to someone who is concerned about your problems, and is willing, or able to help, is impossible. No one like that exists, it's a culture of indifference to customers concerns. The higher you go, the worse it gets, if anyone even bothers to return your messages.

When traveling, and breaking down, you will find you THOR Warranty no help at all. THOR dealers want NOTHING to do with repairing THOR products under warranty, that were not purchased at their location. As more than one dealer explained it to me, THOR will not reimburse them enough on warranty repairs to cover their costs. So if they didn't make a profit on the sale, they don't want to lose money making repairs. I don't blame them for that, as shoddily designed, engineered, and constructed as THOR products are, having to make too many repairs under warranty is a money loser.

My experience with THOR has been a nightmare. Your experience may differ. If you want to gamble $100K of your money to see which experience you may have, well, as they say, it's a free country.
If you modified your posting and replaced the word "Thor" with the word "RV Industry", then I would totally agree with everything you said. I have read similar posts on other brand forum sites. It really has nothing to do with Thor. RV dealers are out there to sell units for as much as they can, not to deal with warranty repair issues from non-customers. It is just the way the RV industry is. Either have your warranty issue done by the selling dealer or take it to northern Indiana and have Thor's factory repair facility tend to it.

I had a new $80,000 Keystone Montana fiver we purchased from Lazy Days in Tampa. Had just a few things wrong that needed fixed within the first year under warranty. Had it back to Lazy Days twice and could only get two issues revolved. Pleaded with another northern Montana dealer and he finally gave me a service appointment. They didn't fix anything and it was a waste of my time.

It is an industry wide problem my friend, that is why I believe in buying units a year or two old and having an extended warranty.
US Army 70-73 Retired LEO
Joe-FL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 01:04 AM   #18

Model: Vegas 25.3
State: Tennessee
THOR #4796
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-FL View Post
If you modified your posting and replaced the word "Thor" with the word "RV Industry", then I would totally agree with everything you said. (shortened for space)
It is an industry wide problem my friend, that is why I believe in buying units a year or two old and having an extended warranty.
So funny you should say this! After we purchased our coach, our cousin ordered a brand-spanking-new, specially-ordered, MAJORLY deluxe 5th wheel from Jayco. It was back in the dealership service for the first month after taking delivery. If you asked the cousin, he'd also say the same about Jayco. You are so right; It's an industry-wide problem (one that I have not experienced yet).
2011 Jeep Wrangler toad
Calico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:55 AM   #19

State: Massachusetts
THOR #4636
full slide issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajfraties View Post
We are looking for a late model (2016? maybe older) low mileage Thor Palazzo 3.4 (no other model pls). We can pay cash but unfortunately can only pay $115-120K max which we realize is under market. But if you want a quick sale and have a recent 3.4 Palazzo we would be interested in talking w you. Use the forum or call us at 916 257 2097. Thanks, and feel free to pass this on!

Best...AJ Fraties
Be very careful with the full slide systems........ If you want more info, let me know..... I had major problems with mine.
Old 07-02-2017, 09:56 AM   #20

State: Massachusetts
THOR #4636
be very careful with the full wall slides. I had many problems with my Miramar 34.3 full wall slide and had to hire an attorney to battle Thor.

Tags
3.4, palazzo, wanted