Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-02-2017, 09:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.3
State: California
THOR #7103
Our New 2017 Vegas 25.3

Overall, we are happy we traded our 2008 Navion 24J for our 2017 Vegas 25.3 in March.

The Vegas is longer by 2’, taller by 4”, and wider by 4”. Doesn’t sound like much does it? And the floor plan is similar; but there are enough differences that it really feels a LOT bigger inside. I love that now we have the captain’s chairs that swivel; I always wanted that. Like the Navion, the Vegas’ passenger seat is high so I use a plastic bin as a footstool; I keep my map books and notes in it just like before. But the arms on the seat are just too high for me – I can’t use them at all. Today, I discovered I could do something similar for the dinette. I’m using the plastic shoebox that holds our cables and extra pieces for our electronics as a footstool there now. The dash controls in the Vegas all are basic: the Air Conditioning - icicles or heat wave. We miss some of the dash controls the Navion had :-/

Even though the dealer had 10 days after we made the purchase to get the rig ready for us, the loft mattress, ladder and the pedestal for the table were missing, the screen door plastic slider was cracked, the mud flap was melted, and the door is warped so it was almost impossible to open/close it. But the big problem was the batteries and the use/store switch. By the time the missing parts were in and we could pick them up, I had developed a list of approximately 20 items to look at/discuss with service. We were told we could submit up to 7 at a time; that it would take THOR several days to just review my list. We told them just fix the electrical issues and the door so we could go on our local ‘shake down’ cruise. They adjusted the door, tested all the electrical systems, changed the switch that disconnects the batteries and said the batteries were fine . . . “just needed a little water – we did that at no charge”. I just remember all the batteries were dead when we were ready to take it for a test drive . . . the house battery could not assist the chassis battery to start it so they brought a portable charger so we could drive around the block. But if they say all is OK, what could we do? We took the grandkids camping.

We had full hookups for the weekend, and the batteries were in ‘use’ so they should have been getting a charge if it was needed. After that short trip the RV was parked in the driveway overnight with everything turned off. When I went in to start unloading the next morning, all the alarms were going off indicating low batteries. It was a battle, but Mike Thompson’s RV Superstore (MTRV) installed 2 new house batteries. The service guy said they were trying to get Thor to replace batteries as a warranty item – since they would not, MTRV replaced batteries at their cost as ‘goodwill.’ Just as we were ready to pull out of the lot, we tested the switch and found it was not connecting. The tech came out and found there was a loose wire. (sigh)

There are many issues that I would like to have the dealer address. But it is not worth my time, money, and gas to drive the Vegas (and our car so we can have a ride home) to the dealer 1.5 hours/85 miles away just to fight with them to MAYBE get a thing or two done.

We have already added mesh as others here have done to protect the radiator and we learned how to fix the house air conditioning by reading the posts here. I hope to find answers to some of our other issues on this forum and will share solutions I find as well as any modifications as we make ‘em.

By the way, I downloaded Ed Felker’s manual (thanks, Ed! Great manual!) Anyway, I sent an Email to Thor via their website 3/29 to request the pdf files as he suggests. Perhaps where I went wrong was I did not include the names of the files I was looking for (?) I’ll try again, but I'm a little confused on how. Do I use the files as Ed lists them, or would the files I need be named differently? I thought I understood, but right now it is as clear as mud to me.

QUOTE we saw while on the road:
Travel is the one thing you buy that makes you richer.

Old 07-02-2017, 11:25 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jirka
By the way, I downloaded Ed Felker’s manual (thanks, Ed! Great manual!) Anyway, I sent an Email to Thor via their website 3/29 to request the pdf files as he suggests. Perhaps where I went wrong was I did not include the names of the files I was looking for (?) I’ll try again, but I'm a little confused on how. Do I use the files as Ed lists them, or would the files I need be named differently? I thought I understood, but right now it is as clear as mud to me.
There is also a topic on that:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...ings-5833.html
Haven't looked in Ed's manual lately so that topic may just be a repeat of what is in the manual. You can also simply give Thor a call as well.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:10 AM   #3

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Use the file name. The file number might be different for your particular VIN.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote