Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-24-2016, 12:55 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Arizona
THOR #5227
Potential Venetian / Tuscany Owner. Advice & Comments Much Appreciated.

Greetings all.
I'm new to this forum though my wife and I been avid RVers for decades. We've owned our current 30 foot 5th wheel for 13 years and have decided to move up to a motorhome with an eye on going full time next year.

We've looked at several brands in our price range and so far, the Venetian and Tuscany 40 and 42 models top our list. I get that there will be issues... Every brand, every model has issues. The first year, gremlin hunting and debugging will be my new hobby. Comes with the turf. I'm okay with that but hope to keep it to a minimum.

I've read some Thor horror stories, but heard things have gotten better over time. I could really use info on current Venetian and Tuscany problems and issues, opinions on Thor customer service, and anything else you would like to share. I only get one shot at this, and can't afford to make a mistake. Thanks in advance for your help and comments. Safe travels!

Bill

Old 08-26-2016, 11:00 PM   #2

State: California
THOR #5249
I too am looking at Thor Venetian... Did anyone get back to you. I have read about the horror stories too...so just trying to figure this out. Personally I like Tiffin Phaeton... but this is priced so well.
Old 08-27-2016, 03:19 PM   #3

THOR #5227
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV for Debi View Post
I too am looking at Thor Venetian... Did anyone get back to you. I have read about the horror stories too...so just trying to figure this out. Personally I like Tiffin Phaeton... but this is priced so well.
No, not yet. Still waiting, still looking. Did get a couple of replies on another forum. Where some were happy with their purchase, some had issues the first year, but once fixed, were very happy, and others were very dissatisfied, though I think some of that is frustration with the dealer's lack of service.

We looked at a couple of Tuscanys already and they are nice for the price point, but I am a little leary of Thor yet. Was hoping to get more direct unput from owners... I'm really on the fence here. Maybe I had better revisit Monaco and Allegro...
TheLostDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 05:57 PM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Venetian 40A
State: Texas
THOR #5962
I picked up a 2017 Venetian 40 this week. This is my first Class A and the short drive home was good. We are going to take her out for a short week trip the first week in Dec. So far the only thing I am disappointed in that it does not have a GPS. For the price it should be build into the radio system. I will let you know if we have any issues on our first trip.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:31 PM   #5

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
My wife and I had a Tuscany when they were built by Damon. We owned the coach about six years and loved it. We never had any real problems, just a couple of minor things I fixed myself. My wife loved the reclining passenger seat with footrest, she referred to it as the "Queen Seat!"
Old 11-25-2016, 05:17 AM   #6

Model: Tuscany RX
State: Alberta
THOR #1112
40 ft. Tuscany RX 2014

Had the unit for 2 years now. Not full time yet but have not had any issues that were really major. Did have a DEF tank replaced but that could happen to any make or model. $3000. Would recommend buying extended warranty as when things go wrong it can get expensive real fast. Love the unit.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	3415  
Old 11-25-2016, 01:50 PM   #7

THOR #5227
Thank you for the continued input on this thread. We are still shopping around and will most likely make our decision in March. We have since added the new Thor Aria to the list of finalists and will have a look at those at the Phoenix RV Show this coming February. Again, thanks for your input.
TheLostDutchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:18 PM   #8

Model: Tuscany XTE 36MQ
State: Louisiana
THOR #4843
We have had our Tuscany XTE 36MQ since July. Many issues in first six month's (expected issues from reading many posts getting bugs worked out.) Likes: Floor plan very livable with all 4 slides in (rest areas etc). Decent driveability (could use Blue ox Tru-center coming soon) Best suited for moderate - warm climates (A/C units good for up to 90 degrees comfortably. Difficulty keeping up in hotter climates due to lack of insulation. This also applies to cold weather. We just returned from 26 degree weather. Unit was okay and kept up but floors were VERY cold! if you are going to RV in cold climates opt for aquaheat in floors). Very pleased with unit from an actual price perspective (45% discount from MSRP). Driving postion could use improvements for taller persons (Floor space under wheel cramped, steering wheel could use better articulation, mirror placement).

Hope this helps!