Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2018, 04:41 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Quantum LF31
State: Utah
THOR #11433
Just bought a LF31 and had our maiden voyage to Yellowstone. What a blast. Loved the coach, kids had a ball, even the wife loved it as we sat and ate a bowl of icecream cruising thru the middle of no-where.

I have a huge punch list though of things that need fixed and hate the thought of taking it back in as before I took delivery, and on my walk-thru, we created a list of things that needed to be done. I was leaving the country for a week and said I would be back to get it then and have it ready. General RV out of Salt Lake City said, wow thanks for giving us the time to get everything square away. Upon my return, I texted my sales rep and gave him a 3 hour heads up, arrived and they needed an additional 15 min to tidy it up.
30 min later they needed another 30 min
then they needed 3 hours and bought me lunch.

Got in the coach and proceeded to look at the list I gave them and the first thing we noted was still not fixed. The battery under the stove for the ignitor was not in yet. Needless to say I have lost all faith in their ability to be helpful.

I will get my list together and update my post. Nothing too major but simple things are what make the biggest difference.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:34 AM   #42
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congratulations and welcome Jeep.

Sorry you found one of the dud dealer's. (General RV's tend to be hit and miss, some are a lot better than Camping World's and some are just as bad..)

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:57 AM   #43

State: Alabama
THOR #9516
Congrats on the purchase of your RV, and I hope your punch list gets fixed quickly. Unfortunately, from what I hear and my experience, if you take the unit back in now, it's gone for the summer. Of course, that depends on the dealership. I also have an LF31, and love it, but my punch list took two months to get fixed, and get fixed poorly.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:34 PM   #44

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Newmar Bay Star Sport 300
THOR #6826
While it certainly should not fall on you to do the repairs I strongly recommend you fix as many things on your punch list as you feel qualified to do. Not only will you save time you will know the repairs are done properly and you will learn a lot about your machine. If you give a dealer a long list your coach may go to the back of the line so he can move several customers through in the time heíd spend on just you. And who wants to leave the coach at the dealer for weeks or months during the summer. Use it and fix things as you go. Once all the little assembly issues are resolved you might find years of good service. If not putting the stove igniter battery in causes you to lose all confidence in your dealer Iím afraid you may be in for a rocky relationship with them! Good luck
Old 05-31-2018, 07:27 PM   #45

Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
While it certainly should not fall on you to do the repairs I strongly recommend you fix as many things on your punch list as you feel qualified to do. Not only will you save time you will know the repairs are done properly and you will learn a lot about your machine. If you give a dealer a long list your coach may go to the back of the line so he can move several customers through in the time heíd spend on just you. And who wants to leave the coach at the dealer for weeks or months during the summer. Use it and fix things as you go. Once all the little assembly issues are resolved you might find years of good service. If not putting the stove igniter battery in causes you to lose all confidence in your dealer Iím afraid you may be in for a rocky relationship with them! Good luck
I completely agree. I have had both a Vegas and an Axis and I fixed dozens of issues on the two including rewireing the charging system on the Axis. I had one of the early Vegasí off the line when they were turning them out as fast as they could. I only took back to the dealer for issues that needed parts from Thor or something that I could not fix or an issue that I thought might continue on past the warrantee. The dealers were much happier to just fix a few issues and I never left my RV more than two days and I always made a reservation long in advance and sat and waited for it. Even then, they managed to screw up several easy fixes that needed parts. I bought my RV to use it, not to have it sit in a dealerís lot. I have been lucky to be able to do that. And when things went wrong out in the middle of Alaska, I was able to fix or jury rig things and continue the trip. Fix it if you can. And there are lots of great people on this forum who can give you advice on how to do it. If you have a problem, someone has probably had it before.
Old 05-31-2018, 09:57 PM   #46

Model: Newmar Bay Star Sport 300
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
I completely agree. I have had both a Vegas and an Axis and I fixed dozens of issues on the two including rewireing the charging system on the Axis. I had one of the early Vegasí off the line when they were turning them out as fast as they could. I only took back to the dealer for issues that needed parts from Thor or something that I could not fix or an issue that I thought might continue on past the warrantee. The dealers were much happier to just fix a few issues and I never left my RV more than two days and I always made a reservation long in advance and sat and waited for it. Even then, they managed to screw up several easy fixes that needed parts. I bought my RV to use it, not to have it sit in a dealerís lot. I have been lucky to be able to do that. And when things went wrong out in the middle of Alaska, I was able to fix or jury rig things and continue the trip. Fix it if you can. And there are lots of great people on this forum who can give you advice on how to do it. If you have a problem, someone has probably had it before.

Iíve found Thor to be very helpful and willing to send me parts at no cost for me to do my own ďwarranty ď work. Donít think theyíd send me a new transmission or anything but the parts Iíve needed have come quickly and cheerfully.
Old 06-03-2018, 01:27 AM   #47

Model: Quantum GR-22
State: Arizona
THOR #11838
Howdy from Arizona

We are new to the motor home and RV lifestyle. We are weekenders not full timers at this point.

We purchased a 2018 Thor GR22 Quantum recently.

Joined the forum as it appears to have a lot of great information and friendly communication with other RV owners.

(Just posted this in intros as well.)
Old 06-03-2018, 02:49 AM   #48

THOR #9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeAz View Post
We are new to the motor home and RV lifestyle. We are weekenders not full timers at this point.

We purchased a 2018 Thor GR22 Quantum recently.

Joined the forum as it appears to have a lot of great information and friendly communication with other RV owners.

(Just posted this in intros as well.)
Welcome, and you're absolutely right. Great info and lots of friendly folks. Good luck and happy trails.
Old 06-14-2018, 01:14 PM   #49

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
I just finished adding a 9" monitor to our WS31. I took the rear view of the windshield, then used 3m double sided tape to stick it in place. It took me a month of waiting for adapters, then the passenger mirror camera quit working, which evidently caused an issue to the new monitor functioning. I can't wait to get out camping and try out this new setup.
Old 06-14-2018, 03:30 PM   #50

Model: Quantum LF31
State: Utah
THOR #11433
This is my biggest concern. So I have told my sales rep I will have it back toward the end of August. He’s not happy but a bunch of the things we discussed upon my initial walk thru weren’t fixed after I left it for a week when they wanted me to take it immediately. So I have a bit of an advantage I guess to dictate when and how they fix things. So far they have been decent to work with. Communication has been subpar but...hey! They already have their money.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:29 PM   #51

Model: Quantum GR-22
State: Arizona
THOR #11838
We are having a problem with the Dometic refrigerator door opening while driving. It seems like there should be a catch lever on the frame that the door handle clicks into to hold the door shut. The handle has a lever you press to release it. There is only a small rectangular hole in the frame where I think there should be a catch. This is on both the refrigerator door and freezer door.

If anybody has the same unit, please post a photo of the door handle and latch. I found what is supposed to be replacement catches, but they do not seem to fit my unit.

Dometic model dm2652rbk
Old 06-16-2018, 07:28 PM   #52

Model: Quantum RS26
State: Indiana
THOR #10823
Getting ready to head out on our 3rd trip in the RS26. Love the coach so far. Had a couple minor issues first thing, lucky for me I'm closer to Thor in Walkarusa than the dealer. The service center is fantastic. Only complaint is I wish we had either levelers or stabilizers for when it's parked.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:27 PM   #53

Model: Quantum RC25
State: Maryland
THOR #9251
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJMLF31 View Post
Thank you. There are a few minor issues that they are working through but one that has me perplexed is the cooktop. I have the induction cooktop with 2 gas burners. I can get the burners to light using a lighter, but can't with the electric spark. Not sure if there is a trick to this or if anyone else has had this issue? The dealer has noted this and will look to address once i bring the unit back for the other items to be serviced. Thanks!
I'm sure by now you have an answer, I have forgotten about this site since camping season started! On the Thor Quantum owners Facebook group someone mentioned that cooktop needs a battery for igniters
Old 07-29-2018, 01:35 PM   #54

THOR #9251
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyj View Post
With no CD player in the dash radio we download books on tape via Audible to an iPhone or iPod and connect to radio via Bluetooth or Aux input cable.
We have purchased a spare wheel and tire and will install a Roadmaster spare tire carrier on the class II hitch.
We stow the sewer hose in its own plastic storage box and stow it in large lower compartment on LH side of coach.
No solution to no DVD input to bedroom TV.
I usually read in bed and am out pretty quickly so no great loss, at least at this point.
Only three night shakedown and now back to dealer for warranty repairs.
Been there two weeks.
Hope to have it home this next week as another three day trip scheduled for mid-month.
Still need to have installed steel valve stems for all six tires and TPMS.
We are planning a 6 week trip to CO and UT for late summer and early fall so we need some additional camping time before then.
My wife and I travel with four small dogs so quite an adventure.
4 dogs! Awesome! Hope all your warranty stuff got worked out and you've been enjoying the summer.
Old 07-29-2018, 03:12 PM   #55

Model: Quantum RS26
State: Indiana
THOR #10823
3rd outing in the RS26 and it was the best yet. A week and a half in southern Tennessee with the wife, dog and two cats. The Quantum performed perfectly and the scenery was fantastic as was the Jack Daniel tour (Yum!) . Only issue was how hot it got, the rooftop unit kind of struggled to keep up. Keeping the shades pulled helped.

Already planning for a couple weeks in Northern Michigan and the UP. Can't wait!
Old 07-29-2018, 04:31 PM   #56

THOR #9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46555 View Post
3rd outing in the RS26 and it was the best yet. A week and a half in southern Tennessee with the wife, dog and two cats. The Quantum performed perfectly and the scenery was fantastic as was the Jack Daniel tour (Yum!) . Only issue was how hot it got, the rooftop unit kind of struggled to keep up. Keeping the shades pulled helped.

Already planning for a couple weeks in Northern Michigan and the UP. Can't wait!
I am glad your trip went well. I am having the same luck in my LF31 between Alabama and California and back. Just no dogs or cats, or wife. I'm not liking the gas mileage, but I didn't like it in the Rolls Royce,either.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:33 PM   #57

THOR #9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang46555 View Post

I am glad your trip went well. I am having the same luck in my LF31 between Alabama and California and back. Just no dogs or cats, or wife.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:05 PM   #58

THOR #9251
Great to hear! Enjoy the UP, and be sure to have a pasty to eat! ...da yooper here
Old 07-29-2018, 08:47 PM   #59

Model: Quontum PD31
State: New Hampshire
THOR #10584
Lrb

We bought our 2016 PD31 new in 9/16 and have spent the last two winters roaming through the south. We love the floor plan and thoroughly love traveling in an RV. But, as others seem to have experienced with Thor, we have had many, many issues with our unit. All of them could have been avoided with a little quality control at the factory. Also our dealer, Campers Inn, failed us completely. As with most other owners, I have fixed a long list of issues myself but will be traveling to the factory service center in Wakarusa, Indiana, 900 miles from home, for the SECOND time this September for an issue they did not adequately address last October when we made our first trip there. Hoping this will be the final quality control issue we have to deal with and looking forward to our trip west from there!
Old 07-29-2018, 08:49 PM   #60

State: California
THOR #12522
I have a 2018 Quantum LF31 and love it!!!

Tags
class c motorhomes, quantum, quantum owners