Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-17-2019, 07:09 PM   #81

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #15343
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffpiercemagic View Post
Congrats!! We will be out on Memorial day weekend also. Going to a RV park on the ocean in Ormand Beach.

Where did you purchase from?

Jeff & Zita
Actually, our real first trip will be in the Driveway Sat Night, but we are headed to Highland Hammock State Park near Sebring, FL. Since my wife grew up there, her dad was a Park Ranger. Also since it is so close to Memorial day weekend we just jumped on something to get it reserved.

We bought from General RV near Tampa on I-4 (thank to the Year End Closeout sale. BUT who knows what a sale is when everything is marked down 40-50%. So many things to do not but at least not coming in too cold to being owners since our renting helped us experience a lot.

Old 05-17-2019, 08:39 PM   #82

Model: Quantum RW28
THOR #15031
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorsok View Post
Actually, our real first trip will be in the Driveway Sat Night, but we are headed to Highland Hammock State Park near Sebring, FL. Since my wife grew up there, her dad was a Park Ranger. Also since it is so close to Memorial day weekend we just jumped on something to get it reserved.

We bought from General RV near Tampa on I-4 (thank to the Year End Closeout sale. BUT who knows what a sale is when everything is marked down 40-50%. So many things to do not but at least not coming in too cold to being owners since our renting helped us experience a lot.
Well Zita and I are in Orlando and also bought from General RV about a month or so ago. Working through all the little things that were wrong or missing on our RV. If you ever need a service writer talk to Michelle Loucks. She is ours and she's very nice.

Hope to meet you on the road one day!

Jeff & Zita
Old 05-18-2019, 12:16 AM   #83

THOR #15343
Quote:
Well Zita and I are in Orlando and also bought from General RV about a month or so ago. Working through all the little things that were wrong or missing on our RV. If you ever need a service writer talk to Michelle Loucks. She is ours and she's very nice.

Hope to meet you on the road one day!

Jeff & Zita
If I could ask, what are the things that were wrong or missing. This is the one thing I have been combing the internet in search of are the things I "SHOULD" look for during delivery? I found a great video about what I should do when I get it home to go over every inch of it. This video https://youtu.be/Lhkslyc6clw seems pretty helpful, most of it seems common sense, but it lays things out in a very logical way.
Old 06-19-2019, 07:33 PM   #84

THOR #15031
Trevor, we had a few leaks, the power blind over the moon window would not shut all the way so they broke it completely. There was a hole in the bedroom floor that opened to the gas cap area. A number of cosmetic things that needed fixing. The Sirius Tuner would not work, The nav system did not work. Turns out it was missing the sd card that holds the maps. I was told by dealer and Thor it was a option and it did not come with the RV. I fixed that quickly. The privacy curtain was missing. The HDMI cable from DVD player to the TV was damage. I could go on and on. We have taken it back twice and still have one more trip planed to fix these items and more. I've started fixing some of the things myself rather than wait for them to fix them, but don't get me wrong, we love our RV!

Jeff & Zita
Old 06-19-2019, 07:35 PM   #85

THOR #15031
BTW for Quantum owners there is a Facebook page at this link:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/455796911483742/

It's free to join sop If you have not joined yet, please do so.

Jeff
Old 06-19-2019, 09:28 PM   #86

THOR #15343
Things we found wrong

Here is what we fund during delivery
1. Refrigerator Door is dented and they will replace (ordered and it came in taking it this weekend to get it put on)

Here is what we found when we got home
1. The HDMI Cable from the Sony DVD to the 40" TV is bad, it causes the TV to flash and put a static flash every few seconds. (tried a different HDMI and worked fine) I have to have them replace since it is routed into the RV to somewhere....
2. USB in back Bedroom doesn't work, took plate off, red wire not connected, (thick to thin wire and crimp was bad), replaced myself with solderless connection.
3. A/C above front cab over bed is hardly blowing. They are going to check it
4. Auto Leveling is not programmed into Rapid Camp (they are going to fix. I think the relay needs to be connected to the right piece in the electrical box)

Here is what we learned in two Trips, Highland Hammocks State Park, Florida and Savannah GA, Savannah Oaks RV Park.

1.The Sewer Door is mounted wrong (personal preference) but I open the door DOWN, take the compartment cap off the bottom from inside, open the Drain Cap, Twist the drain down, CLOSE THE DOOR attach the sewer Line, OPEN THE DOOR, then pull Black/Gray lever. (maybe it is fine, makes you do certain things prior to opening the levers BUT )
2. The TVs are not very good, very bad sound. Going to replace with Smart UHDs for about $125/32" and $150/40" (Black Friday here we come)
3. The Sound Bar outside is very cheap, not very loud and bad sound, going to replace with a Bose $199 ( I have the 500 and 700 models and they are excellent, WON'T have the Radio but oh well)
4. The Hot water Heater. Maybe I just don't know what I am doing. I turn it on in the bathroom, I turn the water on and it runs hot, then cold, then hot, then cold.
5. The Stove Gas burners, you need to wait about 5 minutes after you turn on the gas to try to light, the gas is low pressure and takes a while to get to the burner to lite.
6. The Electric Burner is induction and a nice safety feature but made it hard for the wife to find those perfect pans/style she wanted. LOL
7. The 28 Gal, Black and Gray water Tanks are very small, if you have no sewer hookup, they fill very fast.
8. I forgot to use the Black/Gray Tank Flush connection in the sewer compartment will have to use it next time.
9. The Auto Leveling Jacks have a built in safety feature. If you have everything disconnected, water/power/sewer, you slide in, your wheel chocks pulled and you are ready to leave and start your motor. As soon as you put it in DRIVE the Auto Leveling System will come on and cause an awful jerk when they start to Retract. Don’t ask me how I learned this.
10. The TVs each individually need to be autoprogrammed if trying to access over the air channels.
11. The outside Shower compartment only has a lock, if you put the shower head in it and wrap the hose in around the hot and cold knobs, and do not lock the compartment. You will probably see the shower head dragging along on the road out your driver side mirror. Again, don’t ask me how I know this.
12. The Skylights in the living area, and the upper bunk are fantastic if you need light but not so fantastic if you are trying to sleep and sun barely hits them and lights up the entire RV
13. The Door to the RV needs to be persuaded to shut. You can’t be gentle you have to show it who’s boss.
14. Once Auto Leveled the RV can be quite HIGH, we ended up buying a small aluminum step ($39) on Amazon, vs. ($89) Camping world. But the little locking pins are cheap. But it’s a step and it works well for stepping on.
15. The Propane Quick Connect is low pressure, so it cannot be used on a regular grill, or If you buy one and want to use a quick connect hose. You will need an adapter to connect to your grill. BTW do you know what adapter might connect to a Coleman Roadtrip Grill…..asking for a friend.
16. If you are sweeping and you hit your autostart system near the floor and the door, you may turn the switch on and your generator will start randomly……..if you don’t know you hit this switch you will be puzzeled for a while (BTW, the switch is a three position switch and the middle position is OFF)
17. We went to Walmart and bought 8 dime sized Velcro stickers (front/back) and we stuck them to each of the bottom bars of the window shades and then pulled them all the way shut and put the other sticker on the black window frame. This keeps the window shades from BANGING and BANGING and BANGING for 600 miles. (personal preference but much more peaceful)
18. We would prefer the outside window cover for the front windo as opposed to the inside cover. (personal preference)
19. We bought the Refrigerator cross bars on Amazon for about $4.40 each and it keeps our food/drinks/etc from falling out.

I’m sure we will learn more and our next trip is to Red Coconut Rv Resort in Ft. Meyers, FL.
Old 06-19-2019, 11:49 PM   #87

Model: Windsport 34J
State: Alabama
THOR #14934
Great list of bad crap. The TV speakers really do suck. I'm looking into a solution with external speakers.
Mr.Ed203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:03 AM   #88

THOR #15031
Quote:
Here is what we fund during delivery
1. Refrigerator Door is dented and they will replace (ordered and it came in taking it this weekend to get it put on)

Here is what we found when we got home
1. The HDMI Cable from the Sony DVD to the 40" TV is bad, it causes the TV to flash and put a static flash every few seconds. (tried a different HDMI and worked fine) I have to have them replace since it is routed into the RV to somewhere....

Had the same problem as the cable is routed under the living room slide which caused it to get crimped. They asked Thor to replace it with wireless HDMI which they did. Now I can move the receiver to any tv I want, plug it is and send a movie to it.

2. USB in back Bedroom doesn't work, took plate off, red wire not connected, (thick to thin wire and crimp was bad), replaced myself with solderless connection.
3. A/C above front cab over bed is hardly blowing. They are going to check it

We also had the same problem but with the two vents as you walk into the RV. They ended up cleaning the styrofoam out of those vents and now the blow fine.

4. Auto Leveling is not programmed into Rapid Camp (they are going to fix. I think the relay needs to be connected to the right piece in the electrical box)

Here is what we learned in two Trips, Highland Hammocks State Park, Florida and Savannah GA, Savannah Oaks RV Park.

1.The Sewer Door is mounted wrong (personal preference) but I open the door DOWN, take the compartment cap off the bottom from inside, open the Drain Cap, Twist the drain down, CLOSE THE DOOR attach the sewer Line, OPEN THE DOOR, then pull Black/Gray lever. (maybe it is fine, makes you do certain things prior to opening the levers BUT )
2. The TVs are not very good, very bad sound. Going to replace with Smart UHDs for about $125/32" and $150/40" (Black Friday here we come)

Actually the picture qaulity is not bad but the audio does suck.

3. The Sound Bar outside is very cheap, not very loud and bad sound, going to replace with a Bose $199 ( I have the 500 and 700 models and they are excellent, WON'T have the Radio but oh well)

The sounbar does suck but I found one of the pins on the RCA cable was broken because they were forced into a small space and broke it. Replaced with a right angle connectors and works fine now.

4. The Hot water Heater. Maybe I just don't know what I am doing. I turn it on in the bathroom, I turn the water on and it runs hot, then cold, then hot, then cold.
5. The Stove Gas burners, you need to wait about 5 minutes after you turn on the gas to try to light, the gas is low pressure and takes a while to get to the burner to lite.
6. The Electric Burner is induction and a nice safety feature but made it hard for the wife to find those perfect pans/style she wanted. LOL
7. The 28 Gal, Black and Gray water Tanks are very small, if you have no sewer hookup, they fill very fast.
8. I forgot to use the Black/Gray Tank Flush connection in the sewer compartment will have to use it next time.
9. The Auto Leveling Jacks have a built in safety feature. If you have everything disconnected, water/power/sewer, you slide in, your wheel chocks pulled and you are ready to leave and start your motor. As soon as you put it in DRIVE the Auto Leveling System will come on and cause an awful jerk when they start to Retract. Don’t ask me how I learned this.
10. The TVs each individually need to be autoprogrammed if trying to access over the air channels.

In fairness all tvs have to be programmed each time.

11. The outside Shower compartment only has a lock, if you put the shower head in it and wrap the hose in around the hot and cold knobs, and do not lock the compartment. You will probably see the shower head dragging along on the road out your driver side mirror. Again, don’t ask me how I know this.

LOL!!!

12. The Skylights in the living area, and the upper bunk are fantastic if you need light but not so fantastic if you are trying to sleep and sun barely hits them and lights up the entire RV

They actually make pillows that you can stuff in the skylights to block the sun.

13. The Door to the RV needs to be persuaded to shut. You can’t be gentle you have to show it who’s boss.
14. Once Auto Leveled the RV can be quite HIGH, we ended up buying a small aluminum step ($39) on Amazon, vs. ($89) Camping world. But the little locking pins are cheap. But it’s a step and it works well for stepping on.
15. The Propane Quick Connect is low pressure, so it cannot be used on a regular grill, or If you buy one and want to use a quick connect hose. You will need an adapter to connect to your grill. BTW do you know what adapter might connect to a Coleman Roadtrip Grill…..asking for a friend.
16. If you are sweeping and you hit your autostart system near the floor and the door, you may turn the switch on and your generator will start randomly……..if you don’t know you hit this switch you will be puzzeled for a while (BTW, the switch is a three position switch and the middle position is OFF)
17. We went to Walmart and bought 8 dime sized Velcro stickers (front/back) and we stuck them to each of the bottom bars of the window shades and then pulled them all the way shut and put the other sticker on the black window frame. This keeps the window shades from BANGING and BANGING and BANGING for 600 miles. (personal preference but much more peaceful)

OK this tip can save my marriage!

18. We would prefer the outside window cover for the front windo as opposed to the inside cover. (personal preference)
19. We bought the Refrigerator cross bars on Amazon for about $4.40 each and it keeps our food/drinks/etc from falling out.

They are $1 at Walmart.

I’m sure we will learn more and our next trip is to Red Coconut Rv Resort in Ft. Meyers, FL.
Have fun, we will be heading to Fort Desoto in August.

Jeff
Old 06-20-2019, 12:06 AM   #89

THOR #15031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Ed203 View Post
Great list of bad crap. The TV speakers really do suck. I'm looking into a solution with external speakers.
Ed I have a pretty good bluetooth speaker that I play through, but yes the sound is bad.

Jeff
Old 06-20-2019, 01:27 PM   #90

THOR #15343
Quote:
Have fun, we will be heading to Fort Desoto in August.

Jeff

Thanks, I definitely will let General RV know about the Wireless....Was thinking about when I replace the TV's they would all be smart TV's to run Netflix and ROKU (setup a Verizon Jetpack, Unlimited data $70/mo., no contract, turn on and off 30 days at a time). I will let my wife know about the Refrigerator Bars at Walmart. Also I am going to get the pillows for the Skylights, They have the nice ones with the Metallic reflective side on Amazon for $8.

Thanks again for the info.

Trevor.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:25 PM   #91

State: Washington
THOR #16395
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete'sMH View Post
While it certainly should not fall on you to do the repairs I strongly recommend you fix as many things on your punch list as you feel qualified to do. Not only will you save time you will know the repairs are done properly and you will learn a lot about your machine. If you give a dealer a long list your coach may go to the back of the line so he can move several customers through in the time he’d spend on just you. And who wants to leave the coach at the dealer for weeks or months during the summer. Use it and fix things as you go. Once all the little assembly issues are resolved you might find years of good service. If not putting the stove igniter battery in causes you to lose all confidence in your dealer I’m afraid you may be in for a rocky relationship with them! Good luck
I agree completely. You should get to know your coach inside and out.
Old 08-17-2019, 01:28 AM   #92
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
THOR #2829
Quote:
Some comments for your items...

- Assuming this is a tankless water heater from description, folks find it works best when you set the temp you want on the water heater and don’t mix cold water with it...

- Try manually leveling. Auto level often tends to raise the RV more than needed.

- Two options here... remove/bypass the regulator on the grill and connect to RV low pressure... or install an ‘Extend-A-Stay’ style valve between RV tank and regulator which will give you a high pressure tap.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2020, 03:54 AM   #93

State: California
THOR #18498
electrical system seems to not work

why wont my thor electrical systems not work no lights slide out wont work nothing works but it starts as well as the generator starts ..I dont get it everything to work when I put it away for 4 months..brought it to my home to clean and set it up in my yard for readiness but nothing turns on or works it only has 26,000 miles on this bad boy
Old 06-18-2020, 04:00 PM   #94

THOR #19243
HI....this is the Rangerover. My wife and I have owned a 2018 Quantum KM24 for almost 2 years.
Old 06-24-2020, 11:23 PM   #95

THOR #19337
I had that problem, then discovered I had not taken the plastic off of the lens...presto works great.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:25 PM   #96

Model: Chateau 31E
State: Texas
THOR #17825
Hi - My name is Mike Allison. I am considering purchasing a new Quantum LF31. I would like to know what experience people have had with the Quantum series esp the LF31. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!
Old 09-22-2020, 03:23 AM   #97

THOR #19337
Thumbs up Quantum LF31 Owner

We purchased a 2018 Quantum LF31 a couple of years ago. t has the V10, a new one would have a Ford V8, can't comment on that.
Although when our dealer went through the explanation of the RV we felt well covered, once we went to camp we realized what they have failed to cover. dealer issue, not a Thor problem.
Biggest issue we've had is the hot water heater, They did a terrible job of explaining how to make it work, and the Quantum had debris in the water lines restricting flow and causing the heater to not turn on. See another thread on the heater and Bob's list of what to do to make sure it works good.

Do you plan on usually going to RV locations with full hook ups or dry camping. Our 2018 only has 45 gallons of fresh water and its okay for a few days but not much more.

I added a rear stabilizer and steering stabilizer to help the chassis, also added Bilstein shocks, big help there too.

Ask further questions,
Rybie
Old 10-14-2020, 06:26 PM   #98

Model: Quantum KW29
State: Alabama
THOR #19175
We are about to take our maiden voyage in our 2019 Quantum KW29. We downsized from a 40 ft. 5th wheel and Ram 3500 dually pickup truck. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6439.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	26677
Old 10-31-2020, 11:26 PM   #99

Model: RC25
State: Virginia
THOR #21090
I just purchased a 2021 Quantum RC25. Nice to find this forum.
Old 11-06-2020, 04:56 PM   #100

THOR #21146
Just purchased a kw29. First time RV owners and looking forward to all we will learn. Open to any and all advice.

Tags
class c motorhomes, quantum, quantum owners