Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2018, 01:35 AM   #21

State: Alabama
THOR #9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Collin Kieffer View Post
Have a PD 31 since 9/18. Only issue has been the Bedroom slide door tracking system. Entire panel is being replaced as lower bracket has compltely came out of the panel. Entire Panel is being replace and a safety strap holding door in place is now being installed to hold door in place while driving.
I've got the sliding doors on my LF31, and have had no problem, but have always been curious about why there wasn't already a safety strap. An older class A I owned had a pocket door with a strap.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:53 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
On our outing in January the Suki 40" tv in our cabover entertainment center cracked and crapped out on us. Soooo... I am attempting to install a new Visio 40" smart tv. The tv dimensions fit the opening, but when attached to the swing up bracket it doesn't fit top to bottom. I'm a "car guy" not a carpenter, so I will be calling a friend that is a cabinet installer for a hand so I don't mess it up. It will need to have the bottom surround board cut out about !/2" to 3/4" it looks like to me.
In the mean time, I am upgrading to larger front disc brakes on my Dodge Dakota R/T that I drag race. That I can work with! LOL
Old 02-23-2018, 04:36 PM   #23

State: Michigan
THOR #7646
Hi
I am a delighted owner of a new quantum LF31
Had a quantum RS26 before this

Very happy so far

Love to hear how other quantum users experience and smart ideas are

Best regards and stay safe
Senthil k
Old 02-23-2018, 04:38 PM   #24

THOR #7646
Quote:
Originally Posted by snk1424 View Post
Hi
I am a delighted owner of a new quantum LF31
Had a quantum RS26 before this

Very happy so far

Love to hear how other quantum users experience and smart ideas are

Best regards and stay safe
Senthil k

Planning to drive up to Cincinnati this weekend
Any thoughts of wisdom from my fellow RV friends ?

Most appreciated
Old 04-02-2018, 06:32 PM   #25

Model: LF31
State: New York
THOR #11157
Just picked up our Quantum LF31 in March. Look forward to getting it out on the road. We live in upstate NY so the weather needs to warm up and parks need to open. So far, have enjoyed learning about the coach and getting it all set up. Just upgraded from a travel trailer.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:47 AM   #26

THOR #9516
Congrats. I hope your LF31 works as well as mine. (knock on wood) I have had no major problems. In fact, mostly just cosmetic and a loose LP hose.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:40 PM   #27

THOR #11157
Thank you. There are a few minor issues that they are working through but one that has me perplexed is the cooktop. I have the induction cooktop with 2 gas burners. I can get the burners to light using a lighter, but can't with the electric spark. Not sure if there is a trick to this or if anyone else has had this issue? The dealer has noted this and will look to address once i bring the unit back for the other items to be serviced. Thanks!
Old 04-08-2018, 12:43 AM   #28

State: Utah
THOR #11166
Ws31

We just made our maiden voyage in our 2018 WS31 and it was completely different from our experience with our 2016 Coachman Prism 2250, which we traded in on it.
The WS is larger, brighter, and laid out better.
So far no issues other than learning how the residential fridge and inverter functions while dry camping.
Old 04-08-2018, 07:40 AM   #29

Model: Quantum PD 31
State: Virginia
THOR #7506
Unhappy Girard 2 water heater pd31

Can someone please tell me if we are doing something wrong. We can only get the control panel in the bathroom to come on about 10% of the time. Had a tech come out and all voltages are good and water pressure is good. Very intermittent if it works at coming on, just curious if I am missing something or I have a flakey unit?
Old 04-13-2018, 07:27 PM   #30

THOR #7646
Quantum LF31 first road trip

Hi All

took my new LF31 on its first long road trip, went from detroit to tampa and back ~2450 miles

8 days trip and we had not big issues wiht it just some new rig issues whcih i hope i can get it fixed with in warentty

2 issues were wiht the out side storage cabinet door locks

one the lock wiht key was tight to operate and when we tried opening in when we reached our site the key broke !!!!! but we were able to get the broken key out and used the other key to open , lock still catchy needs to be replaced.

then the door next to the entry door (the one that has shoe storage and access from inside cabinet) poped open when driving even tough I had ensure it was lock prior to leaving - looks like a build issue , unfortunately since its a swing down door it cought the curbside and hinge busted hoping Thor will fix it, will keep the group informed

I noticed the Shore battery drains (from full to 1/3 overnight) when stored , must be a power leak some were , and yes i checked and did not leave the Fridge or any other units on.

the leveling jacks hits the speed bumps couple of times, they seem to be too low (wondering if anything can be done to it (it is fully retracted)

overall the unit was fine and the ride and interior was comfortable. had a awesome time with the boys and that was priceless
Old 04-13-2018, 10:09 PM   #31
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
THOR #8860
Glad to hear that it was a very successful trip!

What's next??
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 01:44 PM   #32

Model: Quantum GR22
THOR #6403
Hi all,

Just picked up our 2017 GR22 yesterday. It’s our first motor home. Been looking for the last few years and decided to take the plunge. Looking forward to our first trip.

Be well,

Andy
Old 05-06-2018, 08:56 PM   #33

Model: KM24
State: California
THOR #10853
New owner

2018 KM24 owner here. Bought it back in Feb. then promptly deployed to a FEMA disaster so have not used it at all yet. This week i hope to take ‘er out for a shake down. How have you all solved the tiny sewer hose storage? The dealer sold us a starter box of stuff that included a sewer hose but it as well is very small and cheap and good for maybe a two tile use.... I will buy a normal durable sewer hose but am at a loss as to where to stow it.
Old 05-06-2018, 09:53 PM   #34

THOR #10853
Some disappointments I have discovered on my new 2018 quantum KM 24
1. No CD player in the dash (love books on tape from the library)
2. No spare tire. (So much for fixing your own flat)
3. The tv in the bedroom is not connected to the DVD player only the one in the dinette area.
4. No real storage for a sewer hose. (Hate the thought of stowing it in one of the compartments.) not to mention the location of the dump valve!
I upgraded from a 22’ sprinter which had the above and now I will need to modify this buggy before using it. Has anyone found a solution to these shortcomings?
I appreciate any sharing of thoughts as well.
-B
Old 05-06-2018, 10:39 PM   #35

Model: Thor Aria 3601
State: Georgia
THOR #11333
KM24 issues

With no CD player in the dash radio we download books on tape via Audible to an iPhone or iPod and connect to radio via Bluetooth or Aux input cable.
We have purchased a spare wheel and tire and will install a Roadmaster spare tire carrier on the class II hitch.
We stow the sewer hose in its own plastic storage box and stow it in large lower compartment on LH side of coach.
No solution to no DVD input to bedroom TV.
I usually read in bed and am out pretty quickly so no great loss, at least at this point.
Only three night shakedown and now back to dealer for warranty repairs.
Been there two weeks.
Hope to have it home this next week as another three day trip scheduled for mid-month.
Still need to have installed steel valve stems for all six tires and TPMS.
We are planning a 6 week trip to CO and UT for late summer and early fall so we need some additional camping time before then.
My wife and I travel with four small dogs so quite an adventure.
Old 05-06-2018, 10:54 PM   #36

THOR #9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinas View Post
2018 KM24 owner here. Bought it back in Feb. then promptly deployed to a FEMA disaster so have not used it at all yet. This week i hope to take ‘er out for a shake down. How have you all solved the tiny sewer hose storage? The dealer sold us a starter box of stuff that included a sewer hose but it as well is very small and cheap and good for maybe a two tile use.... I will buy a normal durable sewer hose but am at a loss as to where to stow it.
My Quantum has storage for the sewer hose in the rear bumper. Im guessing that isn't an option ona KM24.
Old 05-06-2018, 11:05 PM   #37

Model: Thor Aria 3601
State: Georgia
THOR #11333
Sewer hose storage

No bumper storage for sewer hose on my KM24.
There is a location next to propane tank on LH side but it appears to not be deep enough to hold both my sewer hose and the extension, thus a plastic storage container for all sewer related items.
We are still learning and may discover a better a solution in the future.
Old 05-07-2018, 12:57 AM   #38

THOR #9516
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyj View Post
No bumper storage for sewer hose on my KM24.
There is a location next to propane tank on LH side but it appears to not be deep enough to hold both my sewer hose and the extension, thus a plastic storage container for all sewer related items.
We are still learning and may discover a better a solution in the future.
If there is somewhere under the Home, or below the bumper that doesnt interfere with ground clearance, perhaps you could build one from PCV pipe and mount it there.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:41 PM   #39

THOR #10853
Thanks. All great suggestions! I will start working on a solutions soon and let you all know if any of them work out successfully. Sewer hose housing in the bumper area sounds like an option.
Anyone find where the pre-wired solar terminals start and end on the quantum 24?
Old 05-30-2018, 03:20 PM   #40

THOR #11157
Just to let everyone know that the question on the induction cook top i had posted above was answered. There is a battery compartment underneath the stove top that takes a D Battery....popped that in and igniters work like a charm.

Tags
class c motorhomes, quantum, quantum owners