Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2015, 09:52 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 29.2
State: Oklahoma
THOR #2542
Recent ACE purchaser

We purchased a 2013 ACE 29.2 in May 2014, used it mostly for tailgating at football games last fall. This year, 2015, we've made a couple of long trips each followed by dropping the coach off at the dealer for problem resolution. The Jensen stereo/camera monitor works only when it wants to which isn't often. A new head unit won't be available for two months. The Lippert stabilizers quit working requiring a new controller and wiring harness which had to be made to order because the factory has manufacturing and quality problems. The slide out quit working. Actually one side would try to move on the rear side but not the front. In essence, we could not use the slide out.

Presently, the coach is awaiting the fix on the stabilizers and the slide out. It might be, we learned and we'll have to see, that the house batteries may be the problem with the slide out.

In retrospect, I realize now that the dealer did not cover some important issues that we (I) didn't know to ask about; like battery maintenance. We were shown where the hydraulics were for the leveler so but not how to check the fluid level in the reservoir. I discovered the battery switch by accidentally turning it off and having to call Thor tech support when the 12V stuff wouldn't work.

Hopefully all these issues will be resolved before our next outing next month. Otherwise, we love the vehicle. It's just almost right for two people just need to get the wrinkles ironed out.

Old 07-31-2015, 01:48 AM   #2

Model: ACE
State: Texas
THOR #1978
We just recently bought a 2015 ACE. I knew about the battery switch but did not even think about checking the hydraulic reservoir. I guess I need to learn how to do that.... Our Jensen stereo/camera monitor went out as we were driving it off the lot. We turned it right around and took it back. They discovered it had blown a fuse, although it took them about two hours to find it. It was located in the battery compartment. Has worked good ever since. Other than that we have been pretty happy with ours. We bought it in April.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:55 PM   #3

Model: ACE 29.3
State: New Jersey
THOR #2080
2016 ace 29.3

I have learned so much reading these forums. Far more than the dealer could get to in the orientation. Our problems have been pretty minor, and the dealer is doing a good job getting them fixed. Our hot and cold water was reversed, a small crack in the windshield, a major leak where the wires went out to the awning (fixed myself). But I've also gotten a lot of maintenance tips from YouTube (RV101 is one channel I subscribe to). As a fellow forum member says "The only thing that works on an RV is the owner"
Old 07-31-2015, 03:25 PM   #4

Model: ACE
State: Texas
THOR #1978
Oh, come to think of it, I think our hot and cold water is reversed in the bathroom. I need to go check that once again to to be sure.
Old 07-31-2015, 03:57 PM   #5

Model: ACE 29.3
State: New Jersey
THOR #2080
With the hot water heater on, even the toilet had hot going through it. I've heard this is not uncommon at Thor. That confirmed ours was reversed as well as the outside shower which is the only one marked H and C.