Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-24-2019, 12:06 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Challenger
State: Arizona
THOR #17423
New Challenger 37yt owner

My wife and I just purchased a 2019 Challenger 37yt, a year end "bargain" at the dealership where we store it. Due to the weather here in Ohio we have been unable to use it and will have to wait until spring to try out the systems. I hate losing almost a half year of warranty due to storage, but we really have no other choice. My wife and I both work full time, but we plan on seriously traveling when we do retire in a few years, Lord willing. This is our first NEW class A, but we've had 2 prior used ones. We typically put about 5,000 miles a year on our RVs as we are active in an RV group. The dealership where we purchased it, Performance RV in Thornville, Oh, deals with Dynamax, Thor, and expensive show haulers,so they know the ins and outs of getting the bugs out of new ones, and trying to keep their customers happy. Just wanted to send an introductory message to The Forum to get acquainted with it, and hope to have future positive endeavors learning about the unit and the Thor product.

Old 11-24-2019, 04:43 PM   #2

Model: challenger 37FH
State: Delaware
THOR #13399
Welcome,glad to see another challenger owner. We've been fulltime since last july in ours. Enjoy.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:41 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ohio
THOR #9242
Bought our 2019 yt back in August. Its at the dealers now for all the little bugs that need fix, nothing major.

This is our first class A, but not our first camper. We are very happy with our purchase.

Can't wait for the Ohio winter to be over.
Old 11-25-2019, 12:59 AM   #4

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
Congrats on your purchase and welcome to the forum
Old 11-25-2019, 01:02 AM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
We're so glad that you found us... Congratulations on the start of a great adventure, and welcome aboard!
Old 11-27-2019, 10:30 AM   #6

State: Arizona
THOR #17423
Thanks to all who responded to my initial thread regarding our new Challenger. The adventure begins!
Old 11-27-2019, 12:55 PM   #7
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkwoode View Post
Thanks to all who responded to my initial thread regarding our new Challenger. The adventure begins!
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1574859320
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l640.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	21637  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 09:18 PM   #8

State: New Jersey
THOR #7108
Welcome! I don’t post often. We have a 2016 Challenger, 13k miles. Hardly used it this yr tho for a variety of reasons. Will pile in the family and dog and use it over Christmas to see in-laws and the like. We have had it winterized already and so will run no water however we have jug water to drink from, wipes and hand sanitizer by every sink and if nec liners for the toilets. You can basically buy diapers for the toilets that have a gel like absorbent pad in the bottom. Just tie em up after use and pitch and put in a new one. This, and eating out and using paper plates etc (instead of cooking and washing dishes and pots n stuff) enables us to travel comfortably over winter holidays and avoid hotels. Perhaps u could use a lot of your systems and try this form of dry camping if the snow isn’t flying to get used to your rig a bit before spring!
Old 12-07-2019, 09:25 PM   #9

State: New Jersey
THOR #7108
BTW there was a TON of stuff wrong when we took delivery and used the rig the first year. While I am not happy with certain design features (For example when the slide is closed and you are pulled over at a rest station to catch some sleep, there is absolutely no form of ventilation for the back bedroom other than opening up the roof vent in the back bathroom. I wish there was a small ceiling fan back there as well). And also by the way, we have the bunkbed model). I must say THOR was excellent about repairing everything, except for the rusty steel (or iron?) beams Underneath, which were that way when we took delivery. They cleaned up a little at the dealership and the dealership sprayed some kind of black gel coat on them but it is still happening.
Old 12-07-2019, 10:27 PM   #10
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Congrats and welcome to the forum. We recently traded our 2015 Challenger 37ND in on a Entegra Accolade 37TS Super C in preparation for retirement next year. In the years we owned the Challenger we had the living room slide jam during the shakedown trip and Thor authorized a mobile tech for the repair. Minor issue where a build seal that serves as a wire chase was not installed so the cable came loose from the slide motor. The only other issue was the Axxerra radio had to be replaced a couple of time before we got one that worked for more than 30 minutes at a time.

While you have yours in storage would be a good time to search the Challenger mods on the forum and put some into action if you have access to the coach while it's being stored.

Have fun and enjoy. Safe travels.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 10:27 PM   #11

State: North Carolina
THOR #15599
We got a new 2019 Challenger 37YT in June and moved in full time in Sept. Now, almost 6 months into it, we are still getting warranty work done. I would shake down your new rig ASAP b/c you may really need all those warranty months to get it all corrected. Good luck and safe travels.
Old 12-21-2019, 01:58 AM   #12

Model: Thor challenger
State: Texas
THOR #17618
Good advice we have the same 2019 37yt and owned since August this year, 9 weeks in shop, hope we are at the end of repairs, would love to use it once with no problems.