Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2015, 04:23 PM   #21
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
The biggest thing you can do to protect the interior is cover the camper. While in storage the most damaging thing will be sunlight shining through the windows and roof vents.

You may think that not much gets in but it adds up over time.

In the 10 years we had the 5th wheel I had to replace all of the roof vents, the bathroom skylight turned yellow, and all the interior fabrics (curtains, upholstery, wallpaper, etc.) faded or changed colors all due to sunlight.

For our Axis we're covering everything we can during the summer (keeping roof vents plugged, covering front windows, etc.) and during the winter the whole camper gets covered.

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 04:58 PM   #22

State: Washington
THOR #1081
Yes, already the front cabin curtains have shredded from UV damage. We protect the dash with a silvered reflective sun shade. When we store it we cover everything we can, close the blinds etc. I am on the lookout for a large piece of reflective material to cut to size and install on the inside of the front window when stored and carry it with us to use as a sun block when camped.
Our concern is wanting to prevent cracking of the vinyl or drying out of the wood.
I guess a coat of Pledge on the cabinets would be better than nothing. But don't want to apply anything that leaves a residue and an attractant for dust and dirt.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:16 PM   #23
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by belfastboy
I am on the lookout for a large piece of reflective material to cut to size and install on the inside of the front window when stored and carry it with us to use as a sun block when camped.
I use this: Multi-Purpose Foil, 4' x 10' - Direcsource Ltd AO2012-003 - Window Covers - Camping World
Old 09-27-2015, 06:04 PM   #24

THOR #1081
Did it take two of the 4'x10' pieces to cover the front window of your Axis?
Old 09-27-2015, 06:16 PM   #25
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
I purchased 3 pieces: 1 for the front window and 1 for each side window.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:19 PM   #26

THOR #1081
That looks like the ticket. How did you attach it to the front window? Or do the sides pieces hold the front in place?
Old 09-27-2015, 06:21 PM   #27
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
I use Automotive Leather conditioner on the couch and front seats and my wife uses Cabinet Magic on the wood surfaces.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 06:43 PM   #28

THOR #1081
Dave; Thank you, I just ordered some from Amazon.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:48 PM   #29
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
I put some velcro at the center top. That seems to barely hold it and when the inside heats up the velcro glue seems to let go. I also drop the front power shade as that gives it something to lean up against as well.
Old 10-12-2015, 06:12 PM   #30

Model: ACE 29.4
THOR #2730
Hi All,

Well I am two trips into my Thor ACE 29.4 and I had a few minor issues. We had the fabric molding that is attached (with staples!!!!) to the wall and the ceiling to cover wires and needless to say that came down. The other issue I had is with my tank flush system. When I attached the hose to the saniflush, I found that I had multiple leaks on the other side of the rig coming out of blue hose fittings. This happened when I had both the valves opened and closed. I know that the water pressure was under 40 psi, so I am hoping that it is a minor, warrantied repair.
The other question I have is for my DVD hook up. I have the DVD connection in the cabinet where the TV antenna/cable switch is located along with a coax hook up. There are also two HDMI cables available. I am confused in how to install the DVD player. Do I need a DVD player with 2 HDMI outs to watch the DVD on either TV?
Any help would be appreciated. I guess with only these minor issues, I have been pretty lucky. I also bought the 5 year extended warranty for $2995 through the dealer and backed by Cornerstone. Peace of mind.

Thanks,
Corey
Old 02-05-2016, 10:10 PM   #31

Model: ACE 29.4 (2016)
State: Colorado
THOR #3102
Hi Corey,

I also just purchased an ACE 29.4 a few months ago. I think that the 2 HDMI cables in the cabinet above the sofa are one for the TV over the dinette and one for the outside TV behind the sofa. An HDMI switch like this could be used to send the output from the DVD to one or the other TV.

Robot Check

-^-Norm-^-