Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2019, 04:29 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 34P
State: Colorado
THOR #13837
Saying "hello" and thanks for helping

Greetings to all who contribute and view the forum,

We have been viewing the forum for the past year since we bought or new 2018, (under warranty) Windsport 34P. Although we did not have much to contribute until now there has been a great amount of useful technical information to help get us up to speed on the motor coach.

There is much comfort in knowing that our problems are not unique. To that point, we have still have not heard of a Camping World (CW) that anyone in this country appreciates for their service and customer care. It is also surprising about the lack of quality control from the factor--the customer is expected to discover and work through as the owners of the MC. However, negatives put aside, we still love this unit and basic comfort for the price range. Thanks to your input we have worked through all of our issues and are not as green newbies as we once were.

On a previous post, someone had mentioned their frustration with CW service and said they went to the Thor Factory Service Center. Well, we just got back from our reserved week of 9/9 in Wakarusa, IN. They repaired our 2 pages of issues with a dedicated Tech and it was an interesting and enjoyable experience. We were there for 2 days and 3 nights with 50 Amp and water hookups and dump station 100 yds away. They picked up the MC at 7 AM and returned it to us at 3 PM each day and walked through what was done. A bonus of the experience was the all great people we met there so we were able to compare MCs as well as travels.

Thanks again for all of your help.

We wanted to keep this thank you and intro separate from the next post. The trip home was interesting with a new problem - The trip home - disaster avoided.

Old 10-02-2019, 09:27 AM   #2

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear your issues have been resolved.
Old 10-02-2019, 11:51 AM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
We're glad that you've joined us; but sorry that you had a two-page "punch-list"...
Finally: I'm happy to hear that the Wakarusa Team was able to set things right for you!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:21 PM   #4

Model: Windsport 34P
State: Colorado
THOR #13837
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
We're glad that you've joined us; but sorry that you had a two-page "punch-list"...
Finally: I'm happy to hear that the Wakarusa Team was able to set things right for you!
Thanks. Unfortunately for others and most people we talked to had 3 pages of items. Yikes
Old 10-02-2019, 03:23 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Do you know why it's called a 'Punch-List"?

Because that's what you end up wanting to do to the "SalesGoober", that talked you into it!

By the way: Ours was also two pages...
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote