Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2022, 07:04 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Delano 24RW
State: Virginia
THOR #26271
Saying hi again

First owner of 2022 Thor Delano 24RW. And I have several questions.about this coach. I will be glad to share what I have learned of the Warranty Repair Process going through my purchasing dealership of General RV. Now attempting to use what is referred to as a Tap Request. Where one General RV dealership works with another if you are traveling , trying to enjoy the motorhome. I am 5 months into beginning to repair the Assembly Defects of Thor. Learning the hard way that what was said at the time of purchase is not what is experienced after the sale. I want to change the window next to entry door. The awning window is useless. The door can swings back and hits the glass . I want to change it to a sliding window. The componet list on the Thor Owners site does not list windows or doors. I think it is a Lippert window. They need a stock number to know for sure. They say you need to remove the window to see the stock number ! Also need all new cylinders to exterior storage compartments . The cheap aluminum cylinders are corroded and won't allow the key to move the tumblers. Oil did not help. They cant be trusted. Any ideas ?

Old 06-15-2022, 08:06 PM   #2

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
the cylinders are all the same. I would purchase all new ones on line, that way you will have a different key than everyone else. I camped with a guy who had a Thor different model and year and I opened his door and his compartments. Dealers can't fix anything and they will promise you everything. My 3rd water tank is in and gets put in next week, we will see if they can mess this one up and go for 4. I needed a part for my window and after waiting almost a year I called Thor and they sent me a new window in two days. I made the dealer put it in. I had a new Jayco a few years ago and the rear compartment would hit the bedroom window, it was off by a half inch, the wife would close the window so I could clip it open. When the warranty is up completely I will fix everything myself
Old 06-15-2022, 09:13 PM   #3

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Ideas?
Get happy.

Locks are inexpensive and some are combination locks and some are rfid and some are $600 each for the step-up type folks.

If thor had put seven $600 locks on that rv....

It's a kit. The cheapest kit your money could buy. Veritable cardboard.
They lend you cheap stuff and you replace it with the more expensive items or you live with the cheap stuff.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote