Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-30-2022, 09:32 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Delano 24RW
State: Virginia
THOR #26271
Schematics of my coach

I had asked before my purchase that I would like the wiring schematics of this build out. I was told it could be found on the Thor site. Etc. I was disappointed when I discovered a generic diagrams of a Delano. Older model and with very little detail. With out any information of the wiring schematic. I have learned through Thor that a schematic is not available. I was told that one technician will wire the coach one way and so on. That the coach is unlike a production line automobile following detail assembly instructions. I am very surprised to see the wiring inside and under the coach that is not protected at all . Flapping along as the coach is traveling down the highway . Wiring inside is not protected . It should be inside a protective loom. It will cause the components that it serves to fail ,etc. Any advice from past experience is welcomed.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:11 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
The Thor Owners Site should have all documentation related to your coach; including an all-inclusive schematics document for plumbing, wiring, construction, etc.

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owners

If you have a newly designed / released model, there can be a delay for them to get the updated documents posted. However, Thor Customer Service should be able to provide them.

As far as following general best practices during assembly and formal QA / QC processes... it is correct they don't exist in the RV industry.

While the manufacturing line techs follow schematics, how they do their work will vary from one to the next. Some good... some decent... a lot bad. It is also assembled as inexpensively / cheaply as possible so things like conduit aren't used where most people would expect.

All you can do is go through your coach with a fine-tooth comb and fix, replace and upgrade the weaknesses if you have the capability to do so. Myself and many others on this forum do this day one of ownership.

Dealers won't do a better job than you. The only place that might do it right is Thor Factory Service Center in Wakarusa. I have used the Service Center for major warranty work but everything else I have improved myself.