Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2017, 12:32 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Citation 24SR
State: Florida
THOR #7515
Seat Riser for captain and passenger swivel chairs

Hi,

Barbara and I took delivery of a Thor 24SR Citation this past Friday. While shopping for a MH we noted in a Winnebago on the same chassis that the passenger and driver's chairs had riser/cushions that allowed them tp sit higher when turned into the back of the coach. Without the cushions, the seats sit pretty low.

The Winnebago riser cushions matched the upholstery of the MH.

Does anyone know a source for these cushions? We have not been able to find them.

Old 05-31-2017, 01:30 AM   #2

Model: Synergy TT24
State: West Virginia
THOR #3433
W6LMJ,

To the best of my recollection the booster seat cushions are unique to Winnabego. You might contact Thor Customer Care and see if they could suggest something. In our Synergy it's just the wife and me and we don't use the front seats except when driving as it's too much bother to adjust the seats to rotate and then readjust for driving.

Regards,

Ed
2016 Thor Synergy TT24
KC8RXQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 01:12 PM   #3

THOR #6333
I'd like to know the same. We have the Quantum KM24 on the Sprinter and have been looking for solutions. We need to get a foot higher.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:13 PM   #4

Model: Gemini 24TX (Formerly)
State: California
THOR #5821
Same in our Gemini, but for risers we use two of the cushions they sell as roof vent sun shields. They are white, and though they don't match the upholstery don't look terrible when in place. Easy to throw them behind the sofa when we are underway.
Old 04-21-2018, 05:20 AM   #5

State: Alabama
THOR #7276
Seat Riser for captain and passenger swivel chairs

Last summer we purchased a Sprinter Chateau 24HL and quickly began searching for the booster cushions after seeing them in a Winnebago model.

All of the leads I found indicated cost ranging from $300-$600 for a set of two! After countless hours of searching I found a posting that said the cushions were no longer being offered so I decided to try and make my own!

With a road trip quickly approaching I wanted to get them made as fast as possible. The first cushion I took the time to tailor the sides, but time was running short and on the second cushion it ended up being a quick drawstring design.

I consider them prototypes and plan to redo them and make a few minor changes. Attached are a couple of pictures, which make the cushions look huge! They worked out great though and made all the difference in being able to enjoy and comfortably use the swivel chairs while parked.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4564.jpg
Views:	596
Size:	134.9 KB
ID:	9818
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_4516.jpg
Views:	355
Size:	103.0 KB
ID:	9819  
Old 04-21-2018, 11:31 AM   #6

Model: 2017 Citation 24SR
THOR #7515
Ed,

Thank you for the reply. We went through La Mesa customer service and they were unable to find them. I have noticed they appear in the 2017 Winnebago videos, and will watch to see if they appear in the 2018 videos. Maybe I should contact the dealerships that include them in the videos and see if they have them on hand, or have a source.

Again thanks for the reply.

Terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC8RXQ View Post
W6LMJ,

To the best of my recollection the booster seat cushions are unique to Winnabego. You might contact Thor Customer Care and see if they could suggest something. In our Synergy it's just the wife and me and we don't use the front seats except when driving as it's too much bother to adjust the seats to rotate and then readjust for driving.

Regards,

Ed
2016 Thor Synergy TT24
Old 04-21-2018, 11:03 PM   #7

Model: Quantum KM24
State: Georgia
THOR #8438
Check the Thor web site. They are now available on some 2018 Sprinter MH's. I bought a 2018 Quantum KM24 last July which did not come with the booster cushions. I called Thor customers service Monday and they said if they are standard on my model they will send me a pair. Hopefully they should be here next week. Now that they are available you may be able to purchase a pair through your dealer if they are not standard for your model.
Old 04-30-2018, 08:52 PM   #8

State: New Hampshire
THOR #8390
Booster cushions came with our 2017 Chateau. It took three of us, including the Salesmanager at LaMesa RV in Phoenix to figure out what they were at first.

If you can’t get them from your manufacturer, you might be able to get them from a place that does Marine upholstery type work. Ours have some kind of flap to keep them from sliding around, but otherwise they are a pretty basic shape, just made of a much denser foam than I’m used to seeing at some place like Joann’s.
Old 04-30-2018, 09:32 PM   #9

THOR #6333
How high are your the quantum risers? TIA
Old 04-30-2018, 10:11 PM   #10

Model: Gemini 23TR
State: California
THOR #6701
I purchased these cushions at Sears Auto Center about 6 years ago for $10 each. DW uses one all the time. After at least 6 years they still show no wear. Two stacked together raises you about 4 to 5 inches. They are made by ELEGANT, can't read the rest of the tag with my old eyes. They do not slip and slide. If I could spin our passenger seat around I would take a pic of them in that position but it takes three men to turn the thing around. http://www.thorforums.com/forums/att...1&d=1525126034
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1740.jpg
Views:	220
Size:	177.1 KB
ID:	10003   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1741.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	191.0 KB
ID:	10004  

Name:	IMG_1742.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	156.4 KB
ID:	10005   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1743.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	125.1 KB
ID:	10006  

Old 04-30-2018, 10:20 PM   #11

THOR #6333
Hear ya on the spin around. We are looking to get the chairs close to dining table height. Figure that's about 12" more. Barber chair boosters are about 5" and fairly stiff at $25 each.