Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-05-2022, 09:58 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
I would love to see it in the BEFORE state with sewer hose going through the OEM hole? Not sure how you twist it without it leaking and if you have to get underneath the bottom to connect that is just insane

Has it been like that 8 years and you just now got fed up with it? Is it possible that last fitting is not OEM and maybe aftermarket part?

In any case, problem solved and good job.
I’ve used the method of turning mine down for 3 years. No problems easy hookup

Old 10-05-2022, 10:02 PM   #42

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveLoriC View Post
As original poster said, the pipe is extremely difficult to turn as time goes on. I have tried several lube options, I can barely get it to turn, takes all my strength. I am concerned it will get to a point where I cannot do it. Also, to leave it down as others suggested means you have to leave the screw on piece that covers the floor opening off and take a chance of the valve cap coming loose. I also store my hose in there. -L
I guess mine is built differently. I just went up to see if I can turn mine down leaving the access disc screwed in place. Yes, I can.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:05 PM   #43

Model: Windsport 35M
State: Texas
THOR #15368
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedcom View Post
Re JoeB ... to leave it turned down means I have to leave the access cap off and then that storage compartment gets wet in the rains. More importantly I have other things in that small area. Anyway, this all works better for me.
Cheers
Fair enough. Kudos to your thinking outside the box to overcome Thor's lack of thinking it through to begin with.
Old 10-06-2022, 12:53 AM   #44

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
I’ve used the method of turning mine down for 3 years. No problems easy hookup
Sometimes I wish I had bought that Thor Windsport; so I can join in on the fun to give Thor what for. But I made the mistake of checking functionality BEFORE I bought it No one expects buying a House to be like buying a Car; so why would they expect or assume that buying a Motorhome should be like buying a new car?

I think I was following this thread when it was stated that the Thor design was sound but some of the coaches were Mfg poorly. I remember when we bought our house the Builder had two 45s in my vent line from the garage through the 2nd floor and up to the roof, but as fate would have it, it did not pass code because the vent must go straight up, when they went straight up it about 2 inches inside the game room wall They had to get creative and hide it behind two custom columns and make a custom shelf Where there is a will there is a way.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 02:18 PM   #45

Model: Outlaw 38MB
State: Florida
THOR #18099
Yea... Why move it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
Mine is just like that and it works great. I leave it pointing down, because there is no reason to tip it up. If it stops working I'll replace it. If it goes out after that I'll replace it and leave it facing down
My 38 Outlaw has the same pivoting connection point for the slinky, but once I discovered that it would swivel down to align with the access plate, I never found the need to swivel it up again. Why would you?
Old 10-06-2022, 02:31 PM   #46
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Two things

First, contrary to your belief , this is not a quality issue. This is a functions as designed issued that someone bought.

Next, if someone purchased a RV with known issues published and on display during a PDI they get what they purchased and deserve. Failure to conduct a PDI or open one’s eyes during a walk through is no excuse. Nobody was forced to accept the rig they bought. Buy cheap, get cheap.

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/at...1&d=1665066694
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	What He Said....jpg
Views:	30
Size:	17.1 KB
ID:	39674  
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 03:00 PM   #47

Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONJON View Post
My 38 Outlaw has the same pivoting connection point for the slinky, but once I discovered that it would swivel down to align with the access plate, I never found the need to swivel it up again. Why would you?
I agree with you and Mr. Johnson, that there is really no need for most to swivel it back up. But TMC apparently has designed the feature to set either or; or swivel on demand. So in some aspects it is great design despite the criticism

You ask why would you need to swivel up? In my case if I owned that coach of style or Swivel; I would have up, because I have portable macerator pump I use 99.9% of the time, even at a campsites. I have a 90 degree clear elbow that the Flo-Jet connects to and then a 3/4" inch hose that I can pump wherever I like up to 100 ft away. We don't carry a towed and we leave the campsite in our RV with great frequency and on a minutes notice.

I was told the Slinky was the 1st thing to buy as a newbie and I did, but it is about the only thing I don't use
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 06:44 PM   #48

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #10707
I was in camp forget placing the hose into the downward hole...one day realized I could even leave a length of hose attached and in the cubbie (plenty of space) and never have to lean in to twist off!
Old 10-13-2022, 03:25 PM   #49

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #17925
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedcom View Post
I have a 2016 Vegas 24.1. After removing the access cap, the sewer connection has to be pivoted down almost 90 degrees to then come up under the storage compartment to connect the sewer hose. It was getting increasingly difficult to turn down the connection. After lots of lubrication and fiddling with bolt tension, it made no difference.

The solution was to cut in another access hole of 6 inches - that was the biggest I could fit. The hose now fits perfectly, and I will never have to pivot that damn connection again. It now stays in the up position. The good news ... my wife can now hook up the hose.

Had Thor put the original access in this new position, we wouldn't have the issue.

2 photos to help should anyone have the same problem.
I have a Thor Axis and struggle to get under there to connect and disconnect. The Axis is a lower profile which I love but this is a chore. I am going to look into this fix.
Old 10-25-2022, 12:23 AM   #50

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
good point. I think the only reason i rotate mine up is to attach end cap and put cover back on hole. On the ACE, the connection rotates outbd, so there would be no way to cut another hole in the floor.