Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2019, 08:27 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: South Carolina
THOR #17344
New guy with a question

Hello all, im new to the site, just retired from law enforcement as a State Trooper. Im new to the RV/Motohome idea but not to the lifestyle. I have a 5th wheel and looking to get a Thor Magnitude or Omni. Can anyone tell me the biggest diference in the two units. I know there are different models but just wandering what the difference is in the two units. Thanks in adavance!! Safe travels

Old 11-12-2019, 12:03 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I'm sorry that I can't answer your question; but welcome to our virtual Campsite!
Old 11-12-2019, 12:26 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I'm going to guess that the difference is in the paint job (also one may be considered a "higher end" model vs the other and some packages may be included where they aren't on the "lower end" model).

Thor frequently makes two different brands so dealers next to each other can sell similar units.

Welcome to the site.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 06:18 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Aside from color there is no difference. The two are so dealers in the same locations don’t compete with the same models. The floor plans standards and options are identical.
Old 11-12-2019, 09:06 PM   #5

Model: Palazzo 36.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #13712
Quote:
Originally Posted by motormantrooper View Post
Hello all, im new to the site, just retired from law enforcement as a State Trooper. Im new to the RV/Motohome idea but not to the lifestyle. I have a 5th wheel and looking to get a Thor Magnitude or Omni. Can anyone tell me the biggest diference in the two units. I know there are different models but just wandering what the difference is in the two units. Thanks in adavance!! Safe travels
Welcome and hello brother LEO, I did 18 years in a department in Central MA, then moved to a federal agency - non-LEO. We bought the Thor Palazzo 2019 36.1, loved the floorplan and the mid door - in a crash, I want to be able to get out of the coach. All units will have issues as you must know from your fiver, although fewer as the coached have ALL the power and drive train issues included but they are truly enjoyable we moved up to the Thor last October and so far have logged about 17k mikes and plan on continuing thru the winter when possible and when road conditions allow. Best of luck in your search and keep us all informed so we can catch up on the road!

Enjoy the journey, one day at a time!
Chuck and Mary Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:04 PM   #6

Model: S.O.B.
State: Florida
THOR #14543
Cool

Another retired 42-year LEO chiming in. Yes, there really IS life after retirement!

Good luck with your search and don't hesitate to ask those inevitable questions here.
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 11:54 PM   #7

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
I too am a retired LEO after 30 years. I have to agree it takes a bit of time after retiring to really enjoy the new life after law enforcement. The open road has many exciting options to visit in a motor home. We did 10,000 miles this past summer and had a great time on the road. We plan at least one trip each month during the winter season and then off for the spring/summer season on the road. There is a wealth of rv knowledge on this forum.

Paul
2018 Thor Siesta, Sumo springs and The Equalizer Hydraulic Leveling System, Good Sam and Flying J member.
Old 11-13-2019, 10:56 AM   #8

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
I can't answer your question, but welcome to the forum
Old 11-13-2019, 01:25 PM   #9

Model: Chateau 35SF
State: Missouri
THOR #2020
Jamie is correct about the paint . The exterior paint pattern is different as is the interior colors and fabrics. As I understand it neither is considered to be a high end / low end coach. This is done so dealers can have exclusive rights to sell a specific brand in an area but Thor can still have two dealers just different names. Had the same thing previously with the Super Cs when they were still Chateau and Four Winds.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:56 PM   #10

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Greetings!

We purchased a 2020 Magnitude SV34 w/ 4x4 about 6 weeks ago. We have only had it out twice and are getting a few issues fixed at Thor but we love it so far and think the floor plan will work well for us when we start traveling for 3 months at a time.

The previous post is correct.... the only difference between the Omni and Magnitude is the exterior and interior color options. Model numbers / floor plans and options are all the same.

The F-550 chassis is the real deal! Our previous MH was a 2018 Outlaw 29H on the E-450. There is absolutely no comparison.

The F-550 ride quality and handling blows the E-450 out of the water (I spent $1500 on the E-450 suspension to get it to ride and handle properly).

The PowerStroke Diesel has plenty of power and torque for the motorhome and anything you want to tow. Ive cruised along at 65MPH and the engine was barely turning 2200 RPM's and it rarely, if ever, shifts going up a hill or a grade. I've pulled our Spyder on a trailer (~1700lbs) and couldn't even tell it was back there. The E-450 V10 was always shifting and rev'ing high. I am also getting 12MPG with the diesel while the V10 was about 7 - 8MPG.

You won't go wrong with an Omni or Magnitude!