Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2022, 07:19 AM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: South Carolina
THOR #28350
Thinking about a used Thor Hurricane 33X

Hello, Southerndude here, We are thinking about getting our first Class A motorhome. I'm thinking about a used 2020 Thor Hurricane 33X.

What should I know about this model? Any major problems with it, is a popular MH with a good reputation?

Old 10-26-2022, 02:48 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 33x
State: Virginia
THOR #14214
I have the 2020 Hurricane 33X. The biggest issue that I have with the model is the bedroom door. The 2 doors will bump and jump off track. I don't know why but Thor discontinued this floor plan after 2021, I like the layout, large bedroom when slides are out and plenty of interior storage in the bedroom.
Old 10-26-2022, 03:05 PM   #3

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southerndude View Post
Hello, Southerndude here, We are thinking about getting our first Class A motorhome. I'm thinking about a used 2020 Thor Hurricane 33X.

What should I know about this model? Any major problems with it, is a popular MH with a good reputation?
I would check everything before you drive away, You don't realize how many people on here have bought used RV's and find out later they have leaks, it was never winterized, the slides don't work or do work but go out crooked, The batteries don't charge in the rv, or maybe leaks on the roof because no one takes the time to look when buying. I bought a brand new motorhome and drove it home, parked it in the driveway. Two days later went to a campground and climbed on the ladder to put my satellite dish on the roof and found a tear in the roof above the awning. I called Thor and they said they wouldn't cover it because we didn't check the roof when we took delivery
Old 10-27-2022, 11:27 AM   #4

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
I'm unfamiliar with that model, but welcome to the forum