Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2016, 03:16 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: North Carolina
THOR #3974
New from NC!

Hello All! New to the forum here. Just doing a little research as the wife and I are in the market for our first motorhome. We are just outside Charlotte NC and we are looking at the Freedom Elite Class C series as one of our options because the price is where we want to be. I look forward to find out all about them as forums are always the best place to be!

Old 04-04-2016, 06:10 PM   #2

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Brett,

Welcome to the forum. We have a Vegas Class A, but there is a lot info shared here that crosses the various types of RV's.

Also we live just outside Charlotte, between Maiden and Lincolnton. Small world!

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 06:48 PM   #3

Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettcr View Post
Just doing a little research as the wife and I are in the market for our first motorhome.
You might be ahead a bit if you can find a "gently used" Motor Home for your first one..
That way you can find out what works for you, like and not like with amenities and size. also initial purchase will not break the bank ....

Brand new coaches loose a bunch of value when you first drive them off the lot.

And you do not want to be on the hook for years to come with something you grow to hate!

After a year or three then go buy exactly what meets your life style and needs.

just my 2 cents worth.

red
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 07:18 PM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
I agree with Saddlesore. We lucked out and found a 2012 Four Winds 23U with only 1600 miles on it in 2014, yes only 1600 miles and it was about $17,000 less. We really didn't know what we wanted for sure since this was our first RV. We knew we wanted a smaller unit for just the wife and I and something we could take anywhere. It ended up fitting our needs perfect and couldn't be happier. It is very important to buy from a good dealer as you will find out reading this forum. The dealer we bought from also sold it new and they make sure everything works and are very helpful, since I did not have a clue. Good Luck and enjoy the road.