Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-05-2022, 07:34 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Michigan
THOR #27315
Thor outlaw toyhauler

We are new owners of a 2015 Class c Outlaw Toyhauler. (We are not new campers, as weve had several campers over the past 45 years) We were given the walk-thru at General RV in Michigan when we picked up the motorhome, showing us how to operate all the systems, dump the tanks, etc. We are now on our first trip, and realized our black water tanks refuse to empty. The tank showed that it was already 2/3 full when we were loading up, so we knew we'd need to empty at the first stop. No luck. We put in 2 packets of Commando. Let it sit 24 hours. No luck. 2 more Commandos. Still no luck. At this point we were obviously not using the lav. A service tech from Fresh Tank in Orlando came out, showed us a third valve on the drivers side of the unit that needed to be opened, which the General Rv guy didn't know about, I guess. It was also not mentioned in the Thor Outlaw Owner's service manual. It was a $275.00 lesson learned. Thanks a lot General RV.

Old 07-05-2022, 07:44 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Welcome to the forum. Had you downloaded the plumbing diagrams from the Thor owner resource site you would have known about that gate valve and not needed an over priced mobile tech. As a note mobile techs in my area charge 85.00 per half hour.
Old 07-06-2022, 01:23 AM   #3

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriacollins View Post
We are new owners of a 2015 Class c Outlaw Toyhauler. (We are not new campers, as weve had several campers over the past 45 years) We were given the walk-thru at General RV in Michigan when we picked up the motorhome, showing us how to operate all the systems, dump the tanks, etc. We are now on our first trip, and realized our black water tanks refuse to empty. The tank showed that it was already 2/3 full when we were loading up, so we knew we'd need to empty at the first stop. No luck. We put in 2 packets of Commando. Let it sit 24 hours. No luck. 2 more Commandos. Still no luck. At this point we were obviously not using the lav. A service tech from Fresh Tank in Orlando came out, showed us a third valve on the drivers side of the unit that needed to be opened, which the General Rv guy didn't know about, I guess. It was also not mentioned in the Thor Outlaw Owner's service manual. It was a $275.00 lesson learned. Thanks a lot General RV.
You should have posted here first...... I'm a former Outlaw owner and myself and some other could have told you about the second black tank valve that they never show during the PDI.

And I would have told you for free..... but my answer to the next question is $25 and goes up in $25 increments.
Old 07-06-2022, 02:48 AM   #4

Model: 2020 Magnitude BH35
State: Utah
THOR #19910
Don't feel *too* bad... When I bought a Voltage 3200 toy hauler, the PDI doofus failed to show me the extra gate valve for the bathroom grey water that was hiding behind the tandem wheels on the driver's side. I had to call Voltage to find it.

Fast forward to last fall when I sold it in order to buy Maggie... I walked the buyer around, showing him everything including the location of all the gate valves.

3 months later, I get a frantic call from the guy screaming at me that I had sold him a broken unit because his bathroom sinks were backing up despite his pulling the gate valve multiple times. I gently asked "did you pull the bathroom grey water valve that I showed you was behind the wheel?"

After about 5 seconds of what I assume was embarrassed silence, he muttered "oh sh_t, I totally forgot about that".
2022 Jeep Sahara EcoDiesel (TOAD!)
2013 Harley FLHCUI
Greybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2022, 10:32 AM   #5

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriacollins View Post
It was also not mentioned in the Thor Outlaw Owner's service manual. It was a $275.00 lesson learned.
While Dave's suggestion is a good one... and you should sign up for the Thor Owners Website to get all the documents for your coach. Here is the link since I doubt the dealer didn't tell you about that either......

https://www.thormotorcoach.com/owners

I would bet your next payment that even if you did, you would not have been in their system that fast to gain access if you used the coach within days of buying it.

Also, the Outlaw 29H Schematic doesn't show the hidden black tank valve clearly. In the schematics it is hidden just like it is on the coach! All you can see is one tip of the handle and the description just says ABS Valve.

The funniest thing in the plumbing schematics is that it clearly show the main black and grey tank drain valves but they don't even label them as such.... ABS Valve... so that makes it even more clearer than mud!

While Thor is good about making documentation available.... a lot of the documentation is generic and in some cases it is not clear or even downright incorrect.

One of the biggest problems is there aren't manuals to a specific coach with all the little details the guy doing the PDI doesn't know about. Other than the schematics documents, there are just universal manuals for Class A, Class B, Class and some general systems manuals.

This forum is a good source for all the stuff that the dealer or Thor doesn't tell you.
Old 07-06-2022, 11:19 AM   #6

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
Welcome to the forum. Glad you solved the problem.

Tags
black water dump valve