Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 01-29-2020, 03:23 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 25V
State: British Columbia
THOR #16038
Time to introduce myself

My nick name is Thorgem,I signed up to the Forum about six months ago.I fine it very informative,and have learnt alot of great info.Thanks to all. I am not new to camping, from tent to tent trailer,2 different travel trailers and now on my 2nd motor home,which is a 2020 Thor gemini 23tw. Hence my nickname Thorgem. I bought my new Gemini in May of 2019 and in June started my adventure to the Yukon and into Alaska.As we all know these motor homes don't come with manuals and the cell service in the north is mainly nonexistent. I relied on the Thor tech support when I had cell sevice, They are great! Since finding the Forum and the thor motor coach owner-resource site. I have become more confident in this little GEM of a motor home. We live in the lower main land of B.C. Canada.And this years adventure in June will be Ontario Canada were my son and family live.

Old 01-29-2020, 03:30 AM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Welcome to the forum! Your sub-title triggered this in my mind:

2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:19 AM   #3

Model: Quantum RQ29
State: Ohio
THOR #13648
Welcome to the forum
Old 01-29-2020, 12:03 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Congrats and a belated welcome lol
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 02:04 PM   #5
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860

Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 05:42 PM   #6

State: Pennsylvania
THOR #17925
Leveling Help

I am also new to this & I cannot find a forum on this subject that is up to date if anyone has an answer to this questions I would be very grateful. PS. Love my new Thor.

Hello I read a suggestion about buying leveling gauges and sticking one below the window & one on the dash. The post was from 2016. I ordered those leveling gauges and will install them. I used to have a travel trailer and never had a problem leveling because it only had 1 axle. Bought a Thor Axis 27.7 this past August and have a little difficulty with the leveling. front to back is self explanatory although I had to fill one large compartment and 1 small compartment with leveling blocks. My question is do I have to place a level at one axle to level from side to side or both axles because it looks like you only have those 2 level gauges and the side to side gauge is up front, do you have another in the back of the coach? I hope I am making sense. I don't want to twist the coach. K.
Old 01-29-2020, 06:36 PM   #7
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Meckes View Post
I am also new to this & I cannot find a forum on this subject that is up to date if anyone has an answer to this questions I would be very grateful. PS. Love my new Thor.

Hello I read a suggestion about buying leveling gauges and sticking one below the window & one on the dash. The post was from 2016. I ordered those leveling gauges and will install them. I used to have a travel trailer and never had a problem leveling because it only had 1 axle. Bought a Thor Axis 27.7 this past August and have a little difficulty with the leveling. front to back is self explanatory although I had to fill one large compartment and 1 small compartment with leveling blocks. My question is do I have to place a level at one axle to level from side to side or both axles because it looks like you only have those 2 level gauges and the side to side gauge is up front, do you have another in the back of the coach? I hope I am making sense. I don't want to twist the coach. K.

Usually its side+front/back so right front up 2", right rear up 1" kind of thing.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 09:06 PM   #8

Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
THOR #3992
A heart warm, welcome to the Forum. Lots of good people and good help.