Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-30-2016, 02:38 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arizona
THOR #4403
Exclamation Hello from Arizona

I am a some what new owner of an 2015 Thor ACE, 30.1 motor home. I bought it new last year, however we had generator issues that prevented us from enjoying our new purchase. Our RV spent over 2 and half month in the repair shop. We got our coach back just before we had to go back to work. (Teachers) When we got our coach back, the weather in Arizona started to cool off, so our generator problems went away. Before we went on vacation this summer, I took my coach in for an oil change, and low and behold our generator when out again. It was 100 degrees that day. Thank to this forums, someone mentioned having the fuel pump changed on our coach. This was the perfect solution. Thor had move our generator from the left side, to the back of the right side, which did not solve the problem. So, thankfully we were able to take our coach out this year. I fell in love with it again. I love the Ford V-10 engine with the automatic braking. Our new problem is, in Arizona, we are in the monsoon season, so now our coach leaks when it rains hard, from our left side slide out. I am still looking for a name for my coach, I thought about Thor's Hammer?:

Old 07-30-2016, 03:06 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Welcome, and congratulations.

We had the same fuel pump issue with the genny; fortunately Onan replaced it under warranty.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 03:22 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
One night after a hard rain I had water dripping in a spot I could not figure where it came from. If I am awake and it rains hard or wind comes up I bring the slide in quite a bit..the awning over the slides flaps and bangs around in high wind.. as for water have not had that same problem since.. and I think I was in AZ during that time