Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-29-2016, 02:38 AM   #21
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanaej1955@gmail.com
Just bought our Vegas 24.1, taking it out next week. Looking for ideas on storing dishes, etc.
Do you have the range/oven combo or the convec microwave with the extra drawers below the range (because there is no oven there)?

If you have the drawers just put the dishes there--its where we keep them.

If you have the oven: Yeah I can see where dishes would be a problem. If you're using the big cabinet above the sink for pantry then dishes would probably go above the couch in the overheads.

JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2016, 06:56 AM   #22

Model: S.O.B.
State: California
THOR #3483
We have had our 24.1 Axis for just about a year. One major trip from SoCal to Yellowstone. A handful of weekend trips with our three small dogs. So far, we find that with just two people, this rig will work well for us. It is smaller, simple and most things that need to be fixed/adjusted are small. It is small enough to be able to store next to our house, dump the sewer into the house sewer system, hook into 30 amp house shore power, etc... Would we like something much larger? Sure, but we have to be real with our needs and affordability at this point. The Thor quality isn't the best, but, then neither was the price tag. As I once read somewhere, the most important thing is being able to get out on the road and travel.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:36 PM   #23

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
We have a 2016 Vegas 24.1 bought lightly used with less than 2k miles. Now have over 7k. It has been great. We have had none of the horror stories you read about new units. It tows great, is very convenient and easy to use. I tow an open racecar trailer and get as much as 10.5 mpg at 75 if I can draft a truck.
We are currently looking at a 29 and 32w foot unit but are really on fence about giving up Vegas. I carry a full spare tire and a spare water pump. Longest trip was 4 days at racetrack. The only complaint I had was shower curtain sticking to me cause I am fat. I cured that with a piece of polyflo tubing and self stick clips. I am lazy and did not remount shower bar.
We will decide whether to keep or not shortly.
Old 12-29-2016, 01:58 PM   #24

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Fleetwood Flair 31E
State: New York
THOR #2025
Welcome to the forum!

We have a 24.1 and absolutely love the coach. Once you get everything dialed in, especially the suspension, the Axis/Vegas 24.1 is a joy to drive. My favorite aspect of the 24.1 is its nimbleness and its practicality.

However, the best part more me is keeping it clean and shiny
Old 01-06-2018, 05:27 PM   #25

Model: Axis 25.3
THOR #2526
I would suggest you search also the Axis models. Vegas and Axis are only different in the front headlight array. Everything else is the same. Mine is 2 years old this month. First year is (if you have normal unit) the time of getting things fixed or replaced - expect it. the RV manufacturers don't do MTTR on subassemblies and it shows. Also if you get a lemon it is terrible but the odds are lower then with other units. A lot of us on this forum modify our units to what we want/like. So go ahead and steal the ideas you like, I did.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:04 PM   #26

THOR #10144
new

We got our vegas 24.1 about 5 months ago and we love it
Old 01-09-2018, 05:21 PM   #27

Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Anybody going to the Tampa RV show next week? We will be in LazyDays Tuesday night and the show parking lot on Wednesday night. Will look for any other Atlas/Vegas. I can only go because I promised my wife I would not buy a new one this year - like I did the last time we went. I won’t, I won’t I won’t.
Old 01-09-2018, 05:46 PM   #28

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Really, Really...no new one this time (I thought they threw it in with the new tires last time).

Well look over the 27.7 for me. I want to see that one in real life. My only real concern is with the two slides on one side and maybe the loss of outside storage space.

I saw a new 24.1 at an RV show in Charlotte last month, they added an additional access door on the rear of the unit so as to get into the storage space...kind of messed up the use of the hitch for the spare tire.

Can you check out what the Electric Levelers look like on the 27.7 (might be on other new 2018 Vegas/Axis models).

DocMike

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:52 PM   #29

Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike View Post
Really, Really...no new one this time (I thought they threw it in with the new tires last time).

Well look over the 27.7 for me. I want to see that one in real life. My only real concern is with the two slides on one side and maybe the loss of outside storage space.

I saw a new 24.1 at an RV show in Charlotte last month, they added an additional access door on the rear of the unit so as to get into the storage space...kind of messed up the use of the hitch for the spare tire.

Can you check out what the Electric Levelers look like on the 27.7 (might be on other new 2018 Vegas/Axis models).

DocMike
Will do. Didn’t know about the levelers. I only have 16,000 miles on this one! So I can’t use the “new tires” excuse. Maybe next year.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:54 PM   #30

State: North Carolina
THOR #6877
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandKids View Post
Hello
Would love to hear from Vegas owners if they are happy with their purchase. I understand every RV has small quality issues but big picture, are you enjoying your Vegas...any regrets? Since it is relatively new product, I haven't seen a lot of user comments and we are seriously considering the Vegas 24.1. Currently using travel trailer and ready to move on to motorhome.

Thanks
Debbie-an island kid
We love the 24.1 we bought last year but if I were to do it over I'd do the 25.6 (wasnt available yet before).
Old 01-24-2018, 12:04 AM   #31

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #6999
Send a message via Skype™ to sage

The 25.6 also has the "Electric Stabilizing System". But this ESS is an $865 option. I suspect we'll see the option available on all of the floorpans next year.

Tags
vegas 24.1