Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-18-2017, 11:03 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5747
Very happy Axis 24.1 owners

We bought a 2015 Axis 24.1 in March from a local private seller. We could not be happier with our purchase. The only complaint we have is with the ridiculous sewage discharge arrangement. Other than that, we find it handles well, has plenty of pick up, and braking ability. On a recent trip to the north Georgia mountains we really put her through her paces. We are looking forward to many years of reliable, and comfortable RVing.

Regards:
Bobby and Jan
Cedar Key, Fl

Old 07-18-2017, 11:05 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: Axis 24.1 Windjammer
State: Illinois
THOR #7074
Congratulations! We also Love ours. Heading to Florida in a few days. Safe & Fun travels !!
Hellwig 7718 Front Sway Bar & 7180 Rear Sway Bar
Koni FSD Front Shocks 8805-1042 / Koni FSD Rear Shocks 8805-1043
revjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:41 PM   #3
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander
The only complaint we have is with the ridiculous sewage discharge arrangement.
You do know that the discharge tube rotates right? There also should be a through hole just below the discharge that unscrews that you can route the sewer pipe through.

If you haven't already download Ed's crowd sourced owner's guide:
http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f10...nual-4961.html

Congratulations, and welcome.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 11:44 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
THOR #1765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
We bought a 2015 Axis 24.1 in March from a local private seller. We could not be happier with our purchase. The only complaint we have is with the ridiculous sewage discharge arrangement. Other than that, we find it handles well, has plenty of pick up, and braking ability. On a recent trip to the north Georgia mountains we really put her through her paces. We are looking forward to many years of reliable, and comfortable RVing.

Regards:
Bobby and Jan
Cedar Key, Fl
Glad you are happy with your Axis. We are on our second (Vegas and Axis) and love ours too. We have put 35000 miles on them including to Alaska and back. If the sewage discharge really bothers you, there is a relatively easy and few hundred dollar fix in the Clean Dump system. I have installed two and I would not leave home without it. It takes all the mess and smell out if the job and it takes less than half the time to dump. I don't even wear gloves anymore. Plus you can dump 25'+ away and even uphill. It was one of the first things I installed with my new Axis. We are about to leave on a 2 month trip to Nova Scotia. Happy trails.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:02 AM   #5

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Congratulations on your coach and welcome to the forum!!! Hope you enjoy many happy and safe miles!!!
Old 07-19-2017, 01:06 AM   #6

THOR #5747
Thanks for the suggestion but I've got it configured correctly...My angst has everything to do with the position of the access door and the distance of the discharge from the ground. Considering the height of the coach it's the only way to make it work...

However, the Clean Dump system may just be the answer. I'm going to look into that ASAP. Thank you...
Old 07-19-2017, 01:26 AM   #7
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion but I've got it configured correctly...My angst has everything to do with the position of the access door and the distance of the discharge from the ground. Considering the height of the coach it's the only way to make it work...

However, the Clean Dump system may just be the answer. I'm going to look into that ASAP. Thank you...
We love our Axis too...we are around 20k miles on it...
Ron put a a 45 degree elbow on the discharge port...it helps...he agrees with you...
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 01:32 AM   #8

Model: Axis 24.2
State: Idaho
THOR #1944
Quote:
The only complaint we have is with the ridiculous sewage discharge arrangement.
I have to agree... while my model is different ... the dump configuration is the worst one we've had for using at full hookup sites. Not really an issue for us however as we seldom see a full hookup spot

Glad you like your Axis otherwise! Pretty fun big little rigs!
Old 07-19-2017, 01:39 AM   #9

Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Kay,

After a bumpy start we too love our Vegas. Will go over 10K miles this weekend.

FWIW: Went with the 90 degree elbow and got about 1" more ground clearance comming out the bottom of the RV. With that said...it does get challenging at times to get it all to flow downhill!

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 02:06 AM   #10

THOR #1765
Quote:

Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Modifications and Updates
2016 Axis Clean Dump Installation

See above post for my installion on 2016 Axis
Old 07-19-2017, 02:09 AM   #11

THOR #1765
Quote:

http://www.thorforums.com/forums/f27...tion-3148.html

Try this one to get to the thread.
Old 07-19-2017, 11:25 AM   #12

THOR #5747
The information provided in these forums is priceless. Thanks so much for all the good suggestions...Some day we hope to be able to contribute...
Old 07-19-2017, 02:06 PM   #13
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
We all are happy you are on board....be sure to post anything and everything you have done to make your camping experience more to your liking...and never hesitate asking questions...this forum and members is awesome !!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 04:27 PM   #14

State: Utah
THOR #7349
Quote:

Regards:
Bobby and Jan
Cedar Key, Fl
Congratulations! We have a 2014 24.1 and feel the same way. Utah mountain passes are no problems with the hold back function.

On to discover America!