Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 08-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #1

Brand: Redwood
Model: 38FL
State: Colorado
THOR #415
Waiting for Redwood 38Fl in Colorado

Hello everyone,

Just joined the Forum and wanted to say hi to everyone. We been Forum members over at the Redwood Forum thought we'd expand our horizons by getting involved in other Forums. We are currently waiting for delivery of a new Redwood 38FL due off the line in late September.

Anyway we are looking forward to good times in that unit while fulltiming next year.

Darrell

Old 08-23-2013, 11:16 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Crossroads
Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
Where in Colorado are you from
Old 08-24-2013, 12:15 AM   #3

THOR #415
Waiting in Colorado

Hello

We are located in the Arvada area. Are you also in Colorado? I have always wondered if there were other Redwood owner nearby.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:29 AM   #4
Site Team

Model: CF32BL
State: Mississippi
THOR #121
No I am in Mississippi how ever was born in Ouray and spent a lot of time there. Just sold Dads and Moms Condo there. I own a Cruiser also by CrossRoadsrv Just relax and enjoy
Old 08-24-2013, 02:01 AM   #5

Model: 36FB
State: Florida
THOR #135
Welcome JellyStonePark!! We're also on the Redwood forum, we took delivery on our 36FB back in April and enjoying living in the RW...a great coach!!!
Old 08-24-2013, 02:07 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
Welcome aboard Darrell. Congrats on the new coach, hope you have many good experiences with it. We are presently down in South Fork. Pretty scenery down here.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:26 AM   #7
9uc

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Former Daybreak Owner
State: Nevada
THOR #360
Welcome to the forum from Las Vegas, NV.
9uc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 03:43 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
Hello and welcome. Congrats on the new redwood. Waiting is the hard part. Wishing you a speedy delivery of your new bouncing baby redwood.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 04:12 AM   #9

Model: RL
State: Illinois
THOR #15
nice to see

It's nice to see some of the other folks from the Redwood forum coming this way too.
Old 08-25-2013, 12:43 AM   #10

Brand: Still Looking
State: Indiana
THOR #234
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyStonePark View Post
Hello everyone,

Just joined the Forum and wanted to say hi to everyone. We been Forum members over at the Redwood Forum thought we'd expand our horizons by getting involved in other Forums. We are currently waiting for delivery of a new Redwood 38FL due off the line in late September.

Anyway we are looking forward to good times in that unit while fulltiming next year.

Darrell
Do you really think you're going to take delivery of your coach at the end of September where "Tom" Montague is no longer the man?

Hey, just kidding!

Welcome...........to the site.

2012 Infinity 3850RL
2011 Ford F-350 FX4 6.7 Diesel
Infinityrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:25 AM   #11

THOR #415
Good One

Hey That wasn't nice LOL, you got me going there for a minute . All I say they better have that coach ready on time or we're going to have to go over there and have a little chat with them.

Just kidding, we're in constant contact with them now, they're probably going to get tired of hearing from us.

Darrell
Old 08-25-2013, 12:27 PM   #12

Brand: DRV
Model: 36RSSB3
State: Texas
THOR #88
Just remember this, Don Emahiser and Tom Montague were not "let go" because they were doing a fine job....
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 03:55 AM   #13

Model: 36 FL
State: British Columbia
THOR #306
Quote:
Hello everyone,

Darrell
Congratulations, we have a 36FL and it is a great coach. Can't wait to see the new 38FL. Hoping you post photos when you take delivery.
Old 09-10-2013, 02:52 AM   #14

THOR #415
Red face Wait almost over - Good News Story

Hi Folks,

Thought I would share a good news story with you amongst lots of bad. As you know, my wife and I are waiting for one of the first 38fl's off the assembly line. Now before I go any further my wife and I have been becoming more anxious given problems we have been reading about involving other units. With that in mind we contacted our dealer as well as Redwood to express our concerns and how we wanted to handle those concerns before the unit ships. So working together with Tarpley RV and Hilton Riggins we were able to arrange a time for us to come out to the factory and do a prelim. PDI before paint and delivery to us here in Colorado. They were also able to turn on a dime when we made a request to change the King bed option back to the standard queen. (We feared the bedroom would feel too cramped with the King size bed). But today we heard the changed was made and low and behold the unit would come off the line almost a week early. That's not all! They have arranged to hold off on paint until we get back from a business trip to Asian so we can inspect the unit. Sounds as thou our dealer and Redwood are more then willing to address and respond to our concerns before they become issues. We will keep you informed as details emerge and especially after our visit on the 19th.
Old 09-10-2013, 03:26 AM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Model: Zinger ZT26BL
State: North Carolina
THOR #91
Wow that is very impressive that they are doing that. I suggest you Go over that unit with a fine toothe comb. Take advantage of everything you can while at the factory. Reinspect everything with another fine toothe comb at the dealership. If it opens, closes, turns on or off etc you check it. Videotape your pdi and take lots of pics and maybe even video the trailer at the factory. And don't forget to post pics here!

edited to fix ipad gibberish
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013, 12:29 PM   #16
Moderator Emeritus

State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
To say I'm impressed is an under statement!!!!! Maybe, just maybe Cross Roads is starting to wake up.
All good news, congratulations again.
Old 09-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #17

THOR #443
Hi there Redwood owners. I am the new kid on the block and hoping I can get some good input from this forum. We are seriously considering purchasing the new Redwood 38fl. We went to the Windish RV dealership in Denver yesterday trying to get some interior photos of the new unit but didn't have any luck. I was wondering where we can find photos of it? We have the drawings but that is all. Thanks for your help.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:37 PM   #18

Model: 36 FL
State: British Columbia
THOR #306
Quote:
Hi Folks,

Thought I would share a good news story with you amongst lots of bad. As you know, my wife and I are waiting for one of the first 38fl's off the assembly line. Now before I go any further my wife and I have been becoming more anxious given problems we have been reading about involving other units. With that in mind we contacted our dealer as well as Redwood to express our concerns and how we wanted to handle those concerns before the unit ships. So working together with Tarpley RV and Hilton Riggins we were able to arrange a time for us to come out to the factory and do a prelim. PDI before paint and delivery to us here in Colorado. They were also able to turn on a dime when we made a request to change the King bed option back to the standard queen. (We feared the bedroom would feel too cramped with the King size bed). But today we heard the changed was made and low and behold the unit would come off the line almost a week early. That's not all! They have arranged to hold off on paint until we get back from a business trip to Asian so we can inspect the unit. Sounds as thou our dealer and Redwood are more then willing to address and respond to our concerns before they become issues. We will keep you informed as details emerge and especially after our visit on the 19th.
Yes, a few people have had issues and unfortunately some have been fairly major. However, it is a very small percentage of the total units produced. Those that have experienced problems are generally satisfied with the resolve. On the other forum everyone who has attended the service centre (Crossroads) have been extremely complimentary with the customer service and quality of work.

We only experienced a few minor issues, which were all addressed expeditiously by our dealer and approved by Redwood.
Old 09-17-2013, 03:32 AM   #19

THOR #415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradolin View Post
Hi there Redwood owners. I am the new kid on the block and hoping I can get some good input from this forum. We are seriously considering purchasing the new Redwood 38fl. We went to the Windish RV dealership in Denver yesterday trying to get some interior photos of the new unit but didn't have any luck. I was wondering where we can find photos of it? We have the drawings but that is all. Thanks for your help.
Hello ColoradoLin,

Like you, we have nothing more then drawings ourselves. I have searched high and low to find actual pictures with no luck. However, my wife and I will be traveling back home from Asian tomorrow and have made arrangements to stop by the Redwood factory to see our 38FL. (rolls of the the assembly line today) to inspect and take pictures before it goes to paint Friday. If all goes well I will have pictures, by Friday when we arrive back home in Denver. I'll be happy to forward on to you initial photos. Just know you will be seeing the unit naked "no paint".
Old 09-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #20

Model: 38GK
State: Texas
THOR #439
I'll tell you that even though you see another exact model as yours...
when you get yours, it may be different...

Our 2013 07-2013 build 38gk (which we've still not had a pdi on) is MUCH different from the 2013 08-2013 38gk we saw at the RV show...

Redwood is making constant changes!
some better, some not as good... IMHO

the differences we can recall are:
rear 'trunk' storage,
sewer boom,
MUCH different paint job and graphics,
stove back splash area,
Shower enclosure is different,
both tv sizes are different...
IIRC - from 55 to 40 in LR and 26 to 32 in BR?
Some before and after pics here:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rw rear.JPG
Views:	216
Size:	37.6 KB
ID:	44   Click image for larger version

Name:	Trunk1.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	45  

Click image for larger version