Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-12-2020, 09:51 PM   #21

Brand: Airstream
State: Texas
THOR #1596
Have it checked over by an rvia inspector and have everything fixed before it leaves the lot.
Also, join the FMCA. great group with a lot of discounts.

Old 02-12-2020, 11:28 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks here to answer your questions or help solve problems. The link in the sticky on the Motorhome Tech Topic for my manual should work. I fixed the link in early Jan. If you still can't download it -- send me a PM with your email and I'll forward you a copy.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 12:41 AM   #23

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #17538
Thor Vegas Newbies

I just purchased a Thor Vegas in December. This is also our first dip into the RV pool. There is a lot of good info on this forum, and many people with much more miles under their belt than I do. We have yet to take our first camping trip. I did get a copy of Felkers manual rewrite, and it is well worth going through. The things that I have picked up from people on this forum are:
1) get a surge protector
2) get a water filter
3) get a pressure regulator
4) have a good time
Old 02-13-2020, 01:20 AM   #24

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
mwhite48-
Welcome to the forum! Bring your questions here when you get stumped! Your neighbors at the campgrounds can be good resources, too.

Did the folks that sold your Vegas to you show you the pass through storage between the front bays? I've met some Vegas and Axis owners who weren't aware of that handy spot for longer items.

Since the 25.2 has no rear ladder, we carry a collapsible 12.5 foot ladder. It was much cheaper online than at the big box rv supply place.
Old 02-13-2020, 02:53 AM   #25
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaspersfarm View Post
I am also a new owner of a 24.1 Vegas. I found the manual incredibly helpful. The only issue I have had so far is the panelling separated near the stove. I also had a local shop install the safe-T spring and larger shocks. The rig rides much better and is easier to drive. Otherwise, its a great rig so far.

I second the recommended Safety-T-Plus Steering Stabilizer (the spring system). I had a 24 foot Itaska Spirit that I had to turn the steering wheel a half turn when a big rig went by. Nearly got killed going out of San Diego where the freeway dipped hard right then left as a semi went by on my right and I did not see the buss passing on my left. It pushed me within an inch of the truck. A friend had installed the Safety-T-Plus on his class A. So I had it installed on the Class C as well as adding air bags on the rear. Wow! I could drive it with one finger on the steering wheel. I didn't, but hardly had to counter steer after the instillation.
Old 02-13-2020, 04:05 AM   #26

Model: Thor Vegas 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #17653
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlapera View Post
Hello everyone! We're picking up our 2020 Vegas 24.1 on Saturday! This is our first delve in to the RV'ing world, and we're SO looking forward to it! We're not yet retired, so there will be alot of weekend trips here in Florida. We appreciate any words and nuggets of knowledge! Be safe everyone!
Tony and Tracy (TnT)
I just bought a 2017 24.1 Vegas in Illinois, can't wait for the Spring. I still own a 1978 Born Free that I will be selling in the Spring. One tip on the Vegas I can pass on, your wheel covers might be wheel simulators that are held on with two lug nut covers for each wheel, or they could be conventional "hub caps" that you pry off. Thor used both. The way to tell is that two of the lug nut covers will have a mark (crease) on them if they are wheel simulators. If there are no such marks they are probably "hub caps".
Old 02-15-2020, 10:28 AM   #27

Model: 25.2 axis
State: South Carolina
THOR #3992
Congratulations on your purchase and welcome to the Forum.
Old 02-15-2020, 12:43 PM   #28

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
Welcome to the forum and to the RV life. It is a big learning curve but its the best way to figure stuff out in an RV is to just get out there and learn by doing.
My suggestion for a small tool kit would be channel lock pliers, adjustable wrench or vice grips, needle nose pliers, screw driver with multiple heads (Philips, Robertson and slot)
pocket knife, electrical tape , Teflon tape, and of course duct tape
Safe travels
Coveman2
2018 Thor Compass 23 TB