Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Introduce Yourself | Say Hello
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2015, 09:05 PM   #1

Brand: Dutchmen
Model: 22FS
State: Florida
THOR #2550
WHAT have we done!

We are experienced RVer's, but that was back in the 70's-90's. Now the kids are grown and gone and a friend offered a deal we couldn't refuse (but maybe we should have?) on his 2001 22FS Komfort 5th wheel. It is mechanically sound, but needs much (make that MUCH) TLC. With the price we paid, we felt like it was worth our elbow grease TLC and it would not be a huge investment if we decide...nah, been there done that.
We are thinking of replacing the sofa with 2 chairs, and maybe removing the dinette since all the upholstery is worn and dated. I'm even thinking about painting the oak cabinetry to freshen the look. I know that vintage RVs are restored quite often, but this isn't vintage...yet. It just needs to look better outside (has not been maintained) and inside (shabby and dirty) My wife thinks we've lost our minds, but she's a willing worker on the project. I may be asking for advice and moral support from other older RV owners on the forum. This should be interesting. I am a retired police officer and currently work at Disney World. Maybe I should find some magic pixie dust for my new/old RV P.S. I'm not even sure it is a Dutchman, but I know it is a Komfort by Thor 22FS

Old 07-31-2015, 09:45 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 23U
State: Illinois
THOR #992
That sounds great you can build it the way you want. Have fun and enjoy.