Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > Cruiser RV
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-24-2021, 02:38 PM   #1

Brand: Cruiser
State: California
THOR #23110
Winegard connect 2.0

Hello-

My 21 shadow cruiser id240bhs came pre-wired for the connect 2.0. Has anyone added this? There is a wall plate on the ceiling inside the Rv with a sticker from Winegard that reads pre-wired for connect 2.0.

There is a 12v power line taped to the back of the wall plate which is routed to a switch near the tv console. Behind the wall plate there is an opening about the size of a quarter. Does anyone know if I should use this hole as a guide for the placement of the antenna on the roof?

I don’t want to drill through anything like an ac duct or wiring but there is no indicator on the roof as to where to tap the hole to run power to the roof.

Let me know your thoughts and thanks much.

Old 07-09-2021, 03:10 PM   #2

Brand: Cruiser
Model: Shadow Cruiser 225RBS
State: Oklahoma
THOR #23895
These are some of the best I've seen on reviewing mobile internet.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/gea...d-connect-2-0/

My 225RBS was preinstalled with the Wingard Air 360+, which requires the purchase of the gateway separately.

Personally, if I'm going to spend hundreds of dollars for mobile internet connectivity, you might as well step up to one of the Pepwave Duo.

https://www.technorv.com/pepwave-max...-power-bundle/
Old 07-09-2021, 11:16 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Cashed in my seminar chip and convention bucks on the PepWave dual at FMCA show pricing. Having it setup for Verizon and AT&T. It’s being setup tonight and I will pick it up tomorrow ready for use.

This trip has proven most campground WiFi sucks and in some areas one cell service is not enough.

Not cheap but if it works…
Old 07-10-2021, 12:41 AM   #4

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
I have the connect 2. Works pretty good in my opinion but we only use the wifi portion of it.
Old 07-10-2021, 09:36 PM   #5
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Picked up and connected my PepWave Max today. Fired it up and connected the Winegard Connect 2 to the PepWave. What a difference. No lag whatsoever when streaming.
Old 07-10-2021, 10:05 PM   #6

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Cashed in my seminar chip and convention bucks on the PepWave dual at FMCA show pricing. Having it setup for Verizon and AT&T. It’s being setup tonight and I will pick it up tomorrow ready for use.

This trip has proven most campground WiFi sucks and in some areas one cell service is not enough.

Not cheap but if it works…
Yep! Pepwave makes some great products. When the Pepwave BR-1 Mini cat 6 LTE-A came out, I moved the SIM from the old ATT mobley and slid it into the Pepwave. The cat 6, LTE-A modem works fine when the tower is 5 to 8 miles away with no external antenna. I recently bought T-Mobile SIM to put in the other SIM slot, but I have only made one trip with T-Mobile SIM (2,300 miles). No problems steaming HDTV on the trip.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote