Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Industry Towables - Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheels > Jayco
Click Here to Login

Old 01-02-2019, 09:47 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Florida
THOR #13661
Anyone else buy a new Jayco Class C with a pre-installed Hellwig leaf helper kit?

Hola!

My brother camped at my house over New Years and I noticed that his brand new Jayco 25' Class C has a pre-installed Hellwig leaf spring helper overload kit installed above his regular leaf springs, which is weird, because I can't find the spring kit online, and they clearly had hellwig stickers on them.

He didn't know they were added, but this proves that Jayco / Thor is obviously concerned about overloading their class c's, and RVs in general.

I have a NTSB buddy who has been speechless reading these forums filled with so many common un-resolved issues. Thor better start getting their act together. JMHO.

Old 01-03-2019, 03:09 PM   #2

Model: Challenger 37GT
State: Iowa
THOR #13643
A Hellwig Kit is standard on Jayco Class C motorhomes, a feature I believe others should have. And BTW, Jayco is a Thor company
2015 Jeep Cherokee Ltd
FMCA #455220
Dick & Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 08:37 PM   #3

Model: Axis 25.2
THOR #13661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick & Pat View Post
A Hellwig Kit is standard on Jayco Class C motorhomes, a feature I believe others should have. And BTW, Jayco is a Thor company
Yes, I know about the Thor thing. Now, Im wondering why they are standard on Class C's and not e-450 Class A's?
Old 01-17-2019, 04:12 AM   #4

Model: Chateau 31L
THOR #12189
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewAxisOwner View Post
Hola!

My brother camped at my house over New Years and I noticed that his brand new Jayco 25' Class C has a pre-installed Hellwig leaf spring helper overload kit installed above his regular leaf springs, which is weird, because I can't find the spring kit online, and they clearly had hellwig stickers on them.

He didn't know they were added, but this proves that Jayco / Thor is obviously concerned about overloading their class c's, and RVs in general.

I have a NTSB buddy who has been speechless reading these forums filled with so many common un-resolved issues. Thor better start getting their act together. JMHO.
Try starting here:
https://www.hellwigproducts.com/prod...350+Super+Duty
Old 01-17-2019, 02:05 PM   #5

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
why would a manufacturer actually adding a 'helper' or additional suspension park be a 'bad' thing?? I'm not sure I understand your reasoning to be complaining about it... seems to me that Jayco has always taken additional steps to add 'comfort' to their gas coaches.
Newmar adds 'comfort drive' as an aftermarket add-on... does that make them somehow a 'suspicious' manufacturer because their chassis is not already 'up to par'?? No.

Chassis' are manufactured at Ford, not Thor or Jayco.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:22 PM   #6

Model: Quantum RS26
State: Indiana
THOR #10823
I don't believe the Jride system was created due to overloading concerns. Below is taken directly from Jayco's website and explains the function of the Hellwig helper. Also the helper is only one of several components in the system. Italics added by me,
"A JRideŽ unit is equipped with Hellwig helper springs. These springs work with the chassis existing springs to give the motorhome more rigidity and stability. When cornering these springs help balance the motorhome along with helping to redistribute the weight evenly throughout your RV. These self-regulating springs are easier to maintain than an airbag suspension system."