Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-25-2016, 07:23 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: California
THOR #3897
35SG SUPER C F-550 Info?

New to the forum, looking to move the family from a toy hauler to one of these. from what i could find on google thor only made these for two years? 2014-2015? They don't show them on their current website and the used ones are few and far between. Does anyone know why such a short run?

The floor plan and lay out seems perfect for our large 2 adults 4 kids and 2 large dog family with enough power to tow the family toy behind it.

Thank you for your time.

Old 03-25-2016, 07:52 PM   #2
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdemello View Post
New to the forum, looking to move the family from a toy hauler to one of these. from what i could find on google thor only made these for two years? 2014-2015? They don't show them on their current website and the used ones are few and far between. Does anyone know why such a short run?

The floor plan and lay out seems perfect for our large 2 adults 4 kids and 2 large dog family with enough power to tow the family toy behind it.

Thank you for your time.
We went from a Class B+ Motorhome to a ToyHauler in 2014...used it for a year and decided we preferred the Motorhome...there are just 2 of us..we chose the Thor Axis 24.1 ... then, we will buy a trailer to pull behind with the motorcycles.
Shop around and consider the option of pulling your toys along behind a motorhome...you have many options !

Good Luck in your search !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 07:57 PM   #3

THOR #3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
We went from a Class B+ Motorhome to a ToyHauler in 2014...used it for a year and decided we preferred the Motorhome...there are just 2 of us..we chose the Thor Axis 24.1 ... then, we will buy a trailer to pull behind with the motorcycles.
Shop around and consider the option of pulling your toys along behind a motorhome...you have many options !

Good Luck in your search !
Thank you for the info. The problem is we have toys plus a vehicle to tow so tow capacity is important. We considered the newer Class C thor outlaws but with 4 kids the seat belts don't add up. The floor plan of the class A outlaw works much better but it looks like it would struggle with a 5000-6000lbs worth of car behind it. If anyone has a outlaw class A and tows that much I'd love to hear about it.
Old 03-25-2016, 08:12 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Looks like if you are willing to travel you might still find some new ones on lots:
New 2015 Thor Motor Coach Outlaw 35SG For Sale | RV Dealer in Baton Rouge | Louisiana Motorhome Dealer

Really sharp looking rig.

Ah well the only one I could find is that one from Baton Rouge...sorry.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2016, 08:29 PM   #5

THOR #3897
Thank you, Yes I've seen that one. There are actually about 4 for sale in the whole country i could find. Living in socal, I was kinda hoping one would come to me..haha sorry we are spoiled and usually we have plenty of everything to choose from when it comes to cars. I think once we look at one and decide we will either have to travel to get it or wait till one shows up close enough to get.
Old 03-28-2016, 10:35 PM   #6

THOR #3897
Well, looked at the new Class A outlaws and bought one. It made the most sense for all our needs. Only concern is lack of towing but settled with the idea we may just not tow with it. Loved the coach though!
Old 03-28-2016, 11:02 PM   #7
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Well, looked at the new Class A outlaws and bought one. It made the most sense for all our needs. Only concern is lack of towing but settled with the idea we may just not tow with it. Loved the coach though!
which Outlaw Class A did you decide on ?
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 03-28-2016, 11:06 PM   #8

THOR #3897
The LS fit our needs the best. We really wanted the red or blue highlights on the outside but when the dealer is clearing their lot of 2016's and riding season is almost over in Socal, you take what they have when they discount that much. I'm really curious what everyone paid for theirs.

Loved the coach, best floor plan for our needs we've seen.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:25 PM   #9
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
The LS fit our needs the best. We really wanted the red or blue highlights on the outside but when the dealer is clearing their lot of 2016's and riding season is almost over in Socal, you take what they have when they discount that much. I'm really curious what everyone paid for theirs.

Loved the coach, best floor plan for our needs we've seen.
Thanks for sharing .. It is exciting !! We purchased our 2016 Axis at the KC RV Trade Show...got a fair discount due to show offers...comparing ours to yours is like comparing apples n oranges !

Enjoy !
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 03-28-2016, 11:48 PM   #10

THOR #3897
Quote:
Thanks for sharing .. It is exciting !! We purchased our 2016 Axis at the KC RV Trade Show...got a fair discount due to show offers...comparing ours to yours is like comparing apples n oranges !

Enjoy !
Yeah, they are all different and deals seem to sway heavily based off a number of factors. We are pretty happy with where we ended up on ours.

I'm already looking for engine tunes, upgrades and coach accessories.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:55 PM   #11
vkb

THOR #3510
Quote:
Yeah, they are all different and deals seem to sway heavily based off a number of factors. We are pretty happy with where we ended up on ours.

I'm already looking for engine tunes, upgrades and coach accessories.
Across the board, you will find, almost, everyone recommends getting a front end alignment asap.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 03-29-2016, 12:01 AM   #12

THOR #3897
Quote:
Across the board, you will find, almost, everyone recommends getting a front end alignment asap.
Really? That's good to know. Should I request it from the dealer I get it from? The plan is to pick it up Wednesday and do a local test trip. Try everything out this weekend. Maybe I should plan now to drop it back off next week and have them fix anything I find as well as fix the alignment under warranty. I'm taking it out the following weekend to the desert so I want to make sure it's solid.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:02 AM   #13

State: Florida
THOR #6236
in the same boat

We have 2 little ones and wanted a home office. Discovered the Class A Outlaw 37RB. The loft area looks fun for them to have their own space, I could work out of the garage, and we have plenty of sleeping options with the drop down overhead bunk. We are concerned the coach maybe too big and was wondering how does it drive and tow? Any updates would much appreciated.
Old 01-12-2017, 06:23 PM   #14

THOR #3897
Quote:
Originally Posted by jckpc View Post
We have 2 little ones and wanted a home office. Discovered the Class A Outlaw 37RB. The loft area looks fun for them to have their own space, I could work out of the garage, and we have plenty of sleeping options with the drop down overhead bunk. We are concerned the coach maybe too big and was wondering how does it drive and tow? Any updates would much appreciated.
If you've never driven a Class A it might be a little big to you. I have driven a couple and owned a couple class C's and most recently truck and small toy hauler.

At first it's a fair amount of size and responsibility to get use to. But I'm pretty comfortable with it now. You have to respect it's size and height while driving it but I love it.

Handling leaves a bit to be desired but I'm working on upgrades to fix that.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:29 AM   #15

THOR #6236
Thanks Jdemello. I did call Thor and talked to somebody about why they stopped selling the 35SG SUPER C F-550. He said it did not sell that well. 300 days on the lot to they discontinued. The price on a 35 ft Class C was too close to the 38 ft Class A so people just opted for the Class A. The newer 29 ft Class C has enough difference in price and length to sell on it's own.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:06 AM   #16

Model: 4Winds 33 Super C
State: Michigan
THOR #4912
thor is still making the super c, the 2017 are on there website. after two trips to florida from michigan, and passing many types of v-10's huffing and puffing in the mountains, i am still glad we paid the xtra for the diesel, and 14 mpg isnt to shabby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2017, 11:32 PM   #17

THOR #9365
Quote:
Originally Posted by powersrp View Post
thor is still making the super c, the 2017 are on there website. after two trips to florida from michigan, and passing many types of v-10's huffing and puffing in the mountains, i am still glad we paid the xtra for the diesel, and 14 mpg isnt to shabby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not in the Outlaw they don't. You can only get the Super C in the models that are not toy haulers.
Old 01-05-2020, 01:57 AM   #18

THOR #17638
Quote:
hows the power on the V10 pulling the outlaw Class a