Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Motorcoach & Motorhome > Class C and Super C Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-01-2020, 02:49 PM   #1
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Trip 2 with the Accolade

Well we completed trip 2 with the Accolade.

Departed on Friday and went to Wilmington, NC. Total distance was 264 miles running down I95 to I40 to US17 south. Average speed towing the Jeep Grand Cherokee was 65MPH. Prior to getting on I95 we stopped at a PFJ to top off the diesel tank.

The only issue encountered with the accolade was the electric hot water not working, which is not new but a verification of the issue found just before winterizing.

While at the Wilmington KOA we maintained out social distance but I did get to meet Chris (Judge) and have a couple short discussions from a distance.

Departed the Wilmington KOA and went to the Wytheville, VA KOA using I40 to US 52 to I77/I81. The distance for this. leg was 315 miles and average speed was 63MPH. I did encounter some grades through the NC hills and the speed dropped to as low as 50MPH in 5th gear cresting some of the hills. It was extremely nice not having the Ford V10 scream during the downshifts in the hills.

Prior to checking into the KOA we stopped at a PFJ and using the RV lane we topped off diesel and DEF the tanks. 75.005 gallons used over 560 miles which is approx 7.5 MPG towing.

While traveling thee Governor of Virginia issued a Stay at Home executive order so we decided we head home on Tuesday. The only issue encountered during this leg oof the trip was a KOA site where the coach's leveling system could not get the coach level. The KOA allowed us to select another site that was level.

The return home was through the hills (mountains) of Virginia on I81 ands I64. Speeds of no lower than 50 climbing the hills and the average speed (cruise control) was 63. Stopped at a PFJ and topped off the tank and went across the CAT scales. Total weight of the coach with full fuel, 3/4 LPG, 2/3 water, 2 adults, dog and 3 cats was 26,340 LBS with 8,420 on the front axle and 17,920 on the rear axle. The GVWR for the Accolade is 29,000 with max front and rear axle weights being 10,000 and 19,000 respectively.

During leg 3 of the trip it rained all day and there was no water intrusion into the coach trough any means found so all was good here. That leg was 274.9 miles in the rain.

All-in-all a very good second outing but we found ourselves having to react to stay at home orders being issued right as we were arriving or leaving an area.

2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote