Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-21-2022, 10:54 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.6
State: New Mexico
THOR #20220
10 Unspoken RV Park Rules the Pros Wish You Knew

My favorite:

6. Let your neighbors park and settle in before going over
It’s always fun making friends with fellow campers. RVers like to say hello and see how others want to set up camp. When your neighbors arrive, they will be focused on getting set up and parking their vehicles. It’s best to wait. However, once they’re settled, feel free to introduce yourself.

I found this on NewsBreak: Campground Taboos: 10 Unspoken RV Park Rules the Pros Wish You Knew
https://share.newsbreak.com/14lyp278

What is yours?

Old 05-21-2022, 11:44 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Sunstar 29VE Winnebago
State: Texas
THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scubawise View Post
My favorite:

6. Let your neighbors park and settle in before going over
It’s always fun making friends with fellow campers. RVers like to say hello and see how others want to set up camp. When your neighbors arrive, they will be focused on getting set up and parking their vehicles. It’s best to wait. However, once they’re settled, feel free to introduce yourself.

I found this on NewsBreak: Campground Taboos: 10 Unspoken RV Park Rules the Pros Wish You Knew
https://www.motorbiscuit.com/campgro...pros-wish-knew

What is yours?
Scuba it was a Thor Forum unspoken rule to insert hyperlinks until Happy got unHappy. I am always for Happy

select the globe with link on it and copy your url in it like this.

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/campgro...ros-wish-knew/

I hope I am being helpful. You bring good info and many links, this will help others to get where you trying to take them and then everyone will be Happy even Happy
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 12:24 AM   #3

THOR #13058
Quote:
My favorite:

What is yours?
Is #4 real?

4. Remember to account for your RV’s slide-outs

Maybe I am an holier than thou type that need a cold slap, but I can't imagine being ANYWHERE let along a RV Campsite where I am worried about my slide being too close for neighbors?

And for the dogs, us petting someone else dog has never surfaced but almost without fail at every non State Park we try to camp at; someone's dog who's owner has let roam free will run up to our campsite or nearby. Freaks my wife out, as she will not want to walk those parks or be out at night. If we have just arrived we always leave and never had issue with getting a refund. We never say anything to the owners, as without fail everyone owner will say their dog is friendly and does not bite.
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3 & Command Center; Roadmaster Nighthawk Tow bar & Baseplate; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; H/W Heater / Chassis Disconnect Switches; Southwire Surge Guard 44270 & 34951 w/Monitor 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
Old 05-22-2022, 01:26 AM   #4

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
I have yet to see a picnic table that I sit at to eat a meal. Most of them are nastier than my work bench.

I am mindful of my slide to make sure it doesn't hit a tree limb or maybe the utility post. But it is not my worry if it takes up some of my neighbors space.

Numbers 2 and 3 have ruined a few weekend visits for me and the misses.

As for #6, I don't want to meet you so stay off my lawn.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 01:49 AM   #5

THOR #20220
https://share.newsbreak.com/14lyp278

I think I got it?
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 01:50 AM   #6
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkoldman View Post
Is #4 real?

Maybe I am an holier than thou type that need a cold slap, but I can't imagine being ANYWHERE let along a RV Campsite where I am worried about my slide being too close for neighbors?

And for the dogs, us petting someone else dog has never surfaced but almost without fail at every non State Park we try to camp at; someone's dog who's owner has let roam free will run up to our campsite or nearby. Freaks my wife out, as she will not want to walk those parks or be out at night. If we have just arrived we always leave and never had issue with getting a refund. We never say anything to the owners, as without fail everyone owner will say their dog is friendly and does not bite.
Slides not too close to neighbors. I have seen folks take out power pedestals and water sights with their slides.
Old 05-22-2022, 01:53 AM   #7

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
We don't camp in the veal pens with the sardiners unless forced so issues don't abound. The tools I carry are for anyone in need
But
We have had to deal with the dogs and as said, admonishing some 77 IQ tyrd about his dog is not zomething I do.
So we just don't sardine.

I don't mind meeting people and we've made some honored friends but just as 80% of cops don't like working with 80% of cops, I'm thinking many a rv'r is a waste of time.
Drunks, loose dogs, loose kids, loose morals, loose teeth.

Some rv'rs are awful people. You read it every day.
I got to the third title and didn't even read further.
That these things need listed is some sad sheitt.

I am sad such a list is needed in an insanity ward let alone rv pens.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 01:53 AM   #8

THOR #20220
Quote:
Is #4 real?

We were at hot air Ballon show in open camping and slide next to TT with 3 kids..kids played under our slide until we said STOP

EVERY SINGLE CAMPSITE SOMEONE'S DAX DOG IS FREE!
Old 05-22-2022, 02:24 AM   #9

THOR #13058
Quote:
Happy is Happy and we all friends

Quote:
We were at hot air Ballon show in open camping and slide next to TT with 3 kids..kids played under our slide until we said STOP

EVERY SINGLE CAMPSITE SOMEONE'S DAX DOG IS FREE!
I may show ignorance here but what is a Dax dog? I googled it and I don't get it in context?

I know Lassie is a Collie, Snoppy is a Beagle but Scuba Doo & Dax Dog are over my head as I am not that Scuba Wise

We hadn't ran into issues with Kids yet. Just dogs. But then I refuse to park my RV anywhere that close to the next RV or TT. We once had intended to tailgate with the RV at a SEC venue. It was a $300 non-refundable fee for RVs, you had to pay in advance, and had to arrive by Midnight the Friday before the game on Saturday. At midnight they close the gate for Exit only, no returns, if you were late you lost your money. All RVs were parked in the order they arrived, you were parked on grass with no services and you had no say on who was on driver or passenger side. If you wanted to tailgate besides friends you all had to come together and of course they packed everyone in like sardines. BTW, to go to the game they had a shuttle for an additional fee

I took the $300 and bought Gas, Crawfish, Beer, and a liter of Forty Creek and watched the game from home with friends. The only thing impressive was their full disclosure and honesty about the policies.
Old 05-22-2022, 02:35 AM   #10

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
We don't camp in the veal pens with the sardiners unless forced so issues don't abound. The tools I carry are for anyone in need
But
We have had to deal with the dogs and as said, admonishing some 77 IQ tyrd about his dog is not zomething I do.
So we just don't sardine.

I don't mind meeting people and we've made some honored friends but just as 80% of cops don't like working with 80% of cops, I'm thinking many a rv'r is a waste of time.
Drunks, loose dogs, loose kids, loose morals, loose teeth.

Some rv'rs are awful people. You read it every day.
I got to the third title and didn't even read further.
That these things need listed is some sad sheitt.

I am sad such a list is needed in an insanity ward let alone rv pens.
Yup exactly.

If you go into a liquor store and they don't take credit cards, might I suggest you leave. We were wanting to get food from a restaurant that is usually busy so the wife calls in to order, and they said they could not take phone orders I couldn't take that answer and demanded to learn more and finally got a manager that said they get a lot or orders where people don't show up!!! Standing in line is one of my favorite things to hate, especially at restaurants; we left.
Old 05-22-2022, 02:47 AM   #11

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Slides not too close to neighbors. I have seen folks take out power pedestals and water sights with their slides.
I can see this one, and this should be on their list. Especially for someone like us with no Toad, we come and go so much we often get asked are we leaving. I could see where if I am not too careful I may get too close to the pedestal and open slide assuming I am good.

This is my favorite and it's not even on the lists. We need new list.

If we were to start our own list, I would add one related to arriving before dark to check in park and setup site.
Old 05-22-2022, 03:07 AM   #12

THOR #13058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
I have yet to see a picnic table that I sit at to eat a meal. Most of them are nastier than my work bench.

I am mindful of my slide to make sure it doesn't hit a tree limb or maybe the utility post. But it is not my worry if it takes up some of my neighbors space.

Numbers 2 and 3 have ruined a few weekend visits for me and the misses.

As for #6, I don't want to meet you so stay off my lawn.
I may have found you a picnic table
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-05-21 220140.png
Views:	76
Size:	1.03 MB
ID:	37616  
Old 05-22-2022, 02:23 PM   #13

State: South Carolina
THOR #22342
11) Never use that picnic table to dry out your Large waste tubes, but in the case of the picture above, it looks like they already did....
Old 05-22-2022, 05:49 PM   #14

THOR #22342
12) thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s 50 amp service pole outlet.
Old 05-22-2022, 05:49 PM   #15
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
I may have found you a picnic table
That table needs to get some sun
Old 05-22-2022, 05:58 PM   #16

Model: Hurricane 29M
THOR #11781
That table would be an upgrade from some of the ones in a Thousand Trails campground.
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 06:25 PM   #17

Model: S.O.B.
State: Florida
THOR #14543
Talking

Quote:
We never say anything to the owners, as without fail everyone owner will say their dog is friendly and does not bite.
Popfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 07:44 PM   #18

THOR #20220
Quote:
Happy is Happy and we all friends

I may show ignorance here but what is a Dax dog? I googled it and I don't get it in context?

I know Lassie is a Collie, Snoppy is a Beagle but Scuba Doo & Dax Dog are over my head as I am not that Scuba Wise

We hadn't ran into issues with Kids yet. Just dogs. But then I refuse to park my RV anywhere that close to the next RV or TT. We once had intended to tailgate with the RV at a SEC venue. It was a $300 non-refundable fee for RVs, you had to pay in advance, and had to arrive by Midnight the Friday before the game on Saturday. At midnight they close the gate for Exit only, no returns, if you were late you lost your money. All RVs were parked in the order they arrived, you were parked on grass with no services and you had no say on who was on driver or passenger side. If you wanted to tailgate besides friends you all had to come together and of course they packed everyone in like sardines. BTW, to go to the game they had a shuttle for an additional fee

I took the $300 and bought Gas, Crawfish, Beer, and a liter of Forty Creek and watched the game from home with friends. The only thing impressive was their full disclosure and honesty about the policies.
Sorry DAM dog
Old 05-22-2022, 07:46 PM   #19

THOR #20220
Ok all new list!

#16 Our dogs are in a fenced area when we camp.
Problem in the morning we find other dog poop in the actual fenced area. Smaller dogs crawl under mh and SHIX in our area!
Lora & George. Golden Retriever & Multi-Gen Australian labradoodle & new ALD in March. Happy Campers!! E Biking, Hiking, Tennis, Scuba,Fishing,Cross Country Skiing, Snowshoeing. Retired H.S. Principal, Sr. IT Engineer, Life & Health Insurance Agent
"Today is a Gift and Why it is called the Present"
Scubawise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 09:41 PM   #20

THOR #22342
Scuba #17

No verbal outbursts in the Camp ground when our better 1/2 guides us into a pole as we back into spot.

Crunch OK STOP!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2022-05-22_17-44-18.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	37624