Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2017, 08:23 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Arkansas
THOR #4986
Newbie Question: battery charging

Went out to my 2017 Vegas this morning found both house batteries dead. Approximately how long should it take to fully charge them being plugged into my garage 120v power? Tanks for any input.

Jerry B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:52 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds 35 SB Super c
State: New York
THOR #1679
You can monitor them by checking the digital monitor. Temporarily unplug after a couple of hours and select the battery status setting on your monitor ( probably labeled with the brand, Xantrex). When it registers something between 12 and 13 you are charged. When not plugged in, be sure to push the store/use button into the "store position. Even then you may get a drain if stored for a long period of time. If this happens often, you will kill your battery. I unhook the negative terminal on my battery when stored more than a couple of weeks.
Old 02-07-2017, 11:06 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: West Virginia
THOR #3119
It will probably take an overnight charge to bring them back fully. It really depends on your converter/charger. If it kicks it to fast charge mode then it will have them back 90% in 4 or 5 hours but then it usually takes several more hours at a slow charge to get the last 10%. You can check if you have a volt meter by measuring the voltage at one of the house 12v outlets. If the voltage goes to 14.2 or higher then its probably in fast charge mode, if its only 13.6 its in normal charge mode and it will take twice as long.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:30 PM   #4

Model: Axis 25.3
State: California
THOR #2526
I stored my Axis for a month and it killed the chassis battery (wouldn't take a charge ). I had a kill switch installed which I can reach through the grill. Works great.
Baddad53 is offline   Reply With Quote