Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2023, 11:30 PM   #1
tux

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Ontario
THOR #30811
12v dash power

I have a 2011 Thor windsport 31d..I have no power to the 12v outlets on the dash.. does anyone know what fuse panel has the fuse?how is it labeled?
Thanks Tux

Old 11-26-2023, 12:38 AM   #2

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
I have a 2011 Thor windsport 31d..I have no power to the 12v outlets on the dash.. does anyone know what fuse panel has the fuse?how is it labeled?
Thanks Tux
On my 2018 ACE class a with a Ford F53 chassis the dash 12v outlets are fused from the "Power Distribution Panel" (Fuse Box) in the engine compartment. IN my case it is Fuse #22, a 20amp maxi fuse labeled in the Ford F53 chassis owner's manual as "Cigar Lighter Feed / Diagnostic tool connector". You may have a different chassis but even if it is an F53 I would not be surprised if it is different. I strongly recommend finding that information from the FORD chassis owner's manual for your model RV.

If you do not already have the Chassis owner's manual:
  1. Find your vin.
  2. Go to the Ford website WWW.FORD.COM
  3. Create an ID.
  4. Put in your VIN to find your Chassis owner's manual.

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2023, 03:10 AM   #3
tux

THOR #30811
Dan thanks for the info I will check that tomorrow thanks tuxQ LP
Old 11-27-2023, 01:04 AM   #4
tux

THOR #30811
My fuses are numbered different I will try the vin from ford thanks again as
Old 12-02-2023, 09:38 PM   #5

State: Nevada
THOR #21307
It’s also possible that the wiring to your 12v outlet has come lose in the dash itself from the vehicle bouncing down the road. This has happened more than once to our Axis.
Old 12-03-2023, 02:00 PM   #6

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Yep! We had a 12v lighter that had the wire loose under the dash. Just had to plug it back in to the tab. We have 2 lighter plugs with a separate double usb plug in the middle. There’s a 18” cord hanging down under the dash that is unplugged from something up in the dash. Axxera head unit? Don’t use it. Too lazy to tear surround out and locate it.
Old 12-03-2023, 04:06 PM   #7

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Just pop it out of the dash and check the wires.
Old 12-03-2023, 04:45 PM   #8

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Just pop it out of the dash and check the wires.
“Just pop it out of the dash.” Every time I think a fix is going to be simple, it turns into 3 days of cussing, bleeding, and time spent watching videos. Nope! Won’t bother. It’s to easy to plug an adaptor into one of the lighter plugs. 😅
Old 12-03-2023, 05:19 PM   #9
tux

THOR #30811
12v plug

Thanks guys I will check the wires I am still thinking it's a fuse but some under the hood panel are impossible to check
Old 12-03-2023, 05:32 PM   #10

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
“Just pop it out of the dash.” Every time I think a fix is going to be simple, it turns into 3 days of cussing, bleeding, and time spent watching videos. Nope! Won’t bother. It’s to easy to plug an adaptor into one of the lighter plugs. 😅
But that takes all the fun out of RV ownership! Blood donation and vulgar name calling is an integral part of the hobby! I practice those skills every time I work on our motorhome.
Old 12-03-2023, 05:56 PM   #11

THOR #28145
Quote:
Thanks guys I will check the wires I am still thinking it's a fuse but some under the hood panel are impossible to check
Kind of goes along with the territory. It is hard to check the oil, or get the floppy dipstik back into the dipstik hole. It is hard to change the air filter, not enough room to remove the top of the AF housing. It is better than my Tiffin Allegro where it was necessary to remove the doghouse to get to the air filter. And do not get me started about trying to put oil into the filler tube without spilling half the oil all over the radiator and into the ground. Well at least it is easy to drain the oil if you ignore the problems capturing the drain oil, so it does not end up all over you and the ground. Working on the electrical is relatively clean by comparison at least, but honestly it is easier than working on the electronics in my first car, a 1971 Fiat 850 I spent many an hour with my feet up on the headrest and my head down in the Foot well installing a radio and fog lights in that car. That was when I was young and nimble, I simply cannot bent the way I used to without injuring myself.

Actually, that would make a good TOAD it weighed 1,800 pounds soaking wet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fiat 850 Spider.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	44393  

Old 12-03-2023, 06:20 PM   #12
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
How so? I can't imagine your F53 panels are much different than the thousands of other F53 underhood fuse panels on the road.

The center fuse panel near the air filter can be a bear to open until you get the "trick" which is documentented on hundreds of Forums acroos the Interweb (including this one) as well as YouTube University.

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...box-31601.html

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...box-29356.html

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f4...box-29356.html
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 04:07 AM   #13
tux

THOR #30811
Fuse #22

Dan thanks for the reply I found a fuse panel in my chassis manual it has a fuse numbered #22 but I can not see the panel. I think it is under the dash to the left of the steering column, is that where you got yours.i have yet to see if there is one there I think you have to be a contortionist to get under there thanks tux
Old 12-05-2023, 05:03 AM   #14
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Dan thanks for the reply I found a fuse panel in my chassis manual it has a fuse numbered #22 but I can not see the panel. I think it is under the dash to the left of the steering column, is that where you got yours.i have yet to see if there is one there I think you have to be a contortionist to get under there thanks tux
Fuse #22 for the cigar lighter circuit is in the Ford Power Distribution fuse box under the hood.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 03:26 PM   #15

THOR #28145
Quote:
That fuse panel is located in the engine compartment in my 2018 ACE just left of the air filter box. As I said before your 2011 Windsport might be different. Are there any other 2011 Windsport owners lurking out there that can tell tux where the engine compartment fuse panel is located?

Old 12-18-2023, 10:44 PM   #16
tux

THOR #30811
12v dash problem solved

I found the right fuse panel on my 2011 windsport the manual does not say where they hide this one.the panel is under the hood but almost in the center at the top not the one on the driver's side. The fuses are a lot bigger than the regular fuses in other panels.hope this helps someone else Tux
Old 12-18-2023, 11:01 PM   #17

THOR #28145
Quote:
I found the right fuse panel on my 2011 windsport the manual does not say where they hide this one.the panel is under the hood but almost in the center at the top not the one on the driver's side. The fuses are a lot bigger than the regular fuses in other panels.hope this helps someone else Tux
It was fuse #22 on my 2018 F53 ACE as well. Just out of curiosity, were you able to visually see that the fuse was burnt? When my fuse #22 burned the was no discoloration and the burned section was darn near invisible to the unassisted eye. the only way to tell the fuse was indeed burnt after removing it was to do a continuity check.

Old 12-19-2023, 01:30 AM   #18
tux

THOR #30811
Dan I took the fuse out it was definitely blown and easy to see but on the sad side after replacing the fuse it blew again.So I'm still looking there has to be a short some where.I will have time in a few days I will let you know Tux