Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-06-2020, 11:41 PM   #1
MrB

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Wisconsin
THOR #20792
2004 30' Four Winds help with what model it is

New to the Thor forum

We bought a 2004 Four*Winds Class C from a guy that was selling it for his elderly mother (deceased father) and he had no knowledge of the make, model. It seems*to be 30-ish feet long and has 1 large slide on the drivers side. It is a very clean 1 owner, with only 17,000 miles on a Ford E450 with the V-10 motor.

It came with some generic books and literature pertaining*to the appliances and water heater, etc but none of the books describe*what model, not to mention how to maintain*it. We have been searching the internet and youtube but to no avail. Any help on where we could find an owner manual and what model we have would be appreciated.**I hope the picture attached.

More questions to come....

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201005_182522.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	257.4 KB
ID:	26547  

Old 10-06-2020, 11:52 PM   #2
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
The model number is usually right by the entrance door, something like 29E.

Maybe a 31P?

Any owner's manual for the RV is just as useless as the generic manuals you have already found. Each major appliance has its own manual you can usually find on the interweb and of course the Ford chassis has an owners manual as well.

And of course this forum is a fount of knowledge - most any question you may have can probably be answered here.

Welcome to the forum!
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 12:10 AM   #3
MrB

THOR #20792
Thank you Ted & Melinda

I'll take a look tomorrow in daylight and see if I can find a model number in the door jamb.

It would be nice to know the capacity of the fresh water and holding tanks and things like that. Do we have a one piece roof. The paper work/booklets we have has no detailed info on the RV.

We think....from what we seen on YouTube it is a 31S. The one we watched on YT had the woodgrain accented dashboard and the same floor plan just like ours.

Also the title read 2004 Four Winds MH on a 2003 Ford chassis and it was sold to us as a 2004 MH but our insurance company is going with the 2003 chassis for insurance value.
Old 10-07-2020, 12:19 AM   #4
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Your insurance company is wrong. The chassis model does not define the finished product model, the MH manufacturer does.

And most RVs from the90s on all have a one piece roof membrane; some rubber, some TPO, some fiberglass.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 12:35 AM   #5
MrB

THOR #20792
Thanks for the reply

Because of the virus I had to send, US Mail, for a new title and plates and I wrote 2004 on the new title so we'll see how it comes back.

Is there a way to tell what the roof is made of? There is a ladder mounted on the back of the RV but I don't know if I can walk on the roof without doing damage. I'd like to do preventative maintenance on it if necessary.

We owned a 1999 coachman Class A years ago but it came with a lot of comprehensive information booklets and manuals . So we are not new to MH's but this one "again" has no info.

I have a good feeling that over time that this forum will answer our questions.
Old 10-07-2020, 03:32 PM   #6

Model: Citation
State: Texas
THOR #8139
Here's a 2003 31C with several pictures on rvtrader.com .

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...-31-5014094987
Old 10-07-2020, 03:43 PM   #7
MrB

THOR #20792
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjbrtd View Post
Here's a 2003 31C with several pictures on rvtrader.com .

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...-31-5014094987
I just now found the model number on the door jamb it is a 31P. Now I can browse the internet and hopefully find some details.

Thanks