Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-10-2017, 10:14 PM   #1

State: Florida
THOR #8915
Two Happy Days

Two Happy days in the ownership of a 2017 Thor Vegas 27 ft. The day I bought it 3 months ago and today, the day I finally took my loss and traded it out. After 3500 miles on the road and nothing but problems from day two.

Leaky roof
Water heater doesn't work
AC went out twice, out at present
Tri fold bed hangs up
Screws fall out of exterior trim
Steers like a 48 Ford pickup (i have one)
Hoses and nozzles fell off wind shield wiper arms
Door latch broke,
on and on.

Hope mine was just a LEMON and you have better luck. I will Never buy another Thor product.

Old 09-11-2017, 08:23 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Missouri
THOR #8972
We bought a 2017 Thor Quantum in July and Camping World where we bought it has had it more then we have. Like you they are fix something all the time most is small things but you would think being new you wouldn't have problems. Camping World says why it's taking so long is Thor is slow to respond on approving work. We traded in a 2003 Thor Four Winds and we didn't have any problems just wanted on with a slide out. Like you having second thoughts about buying a Thor.
Old 09-11-2017, 09:00 PM   #3

Model: hurricane 32n
THOR #4158
Good luck with your next brand. Hope it all works out.
Crawfordville Fl. Vietnam Vet.
Jegdrum5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:03 PM   #4
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I agree... May it give you nothing but good memories!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:10 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 25.2
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrogers View Post
We bought a 2017 Thor Quantum in July and Camping World where we bought it has had it more then we have. Like you they are fix something all the time most is small things but you would think being new you wouldn't have problems. Camping World says why it's taking so long is Thor is slow to respond on approving work. We traded in a 2003 Thor Four Winds and we didn't have any problems just wanted on with a slide out. Like you having second thoughts about buying a Thor.
The times we have been told that "THOR is slow to approve the work" has been because A) the dealer had delayed in submitting the request to THOR, or B) the dealer didn't have the time and would rather put the name on THOR. We were told that THOR hadn't "approved the work" after waiting two weeks (and pressing the dealer for answers) so I called THOR. Turned out the dealer had just submitted the request right after I "pressed them" for action. THOR told me they approved the work hours after the request was submitted...

I started to call THOR and submit the claim for work BEFORE I went to the dealers...
Old 09-11-2017, 10:25 PM   #6
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Once the Dealership realizes that they've had the time-clock taken away: they tend to start moving a bit quicker!
(This same trick also works with BRP, and the Can Am Spyders!)
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:28 PM   #7

Model: A.C.E 30.2
THOR #4139
Sorry for your troubles, wish you many happy trails with the new one.

What did you pickup to replace it with?
JEEP JKU
BrianA.C.E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:42 PM   #8

THOR #8972
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
The times we have been told that "THOR is slow to approve the work" has been because A) the dealer had delayed in submitting the request to THOR, or B) the dealer didn't have the time and would rather put the name on THOR. We were told that THOR hadn't "approved the work" after waiting two weeks (and pressing the dealer for answers) so I called THOR. Turned out the dealer had just submitted the request right after I "pressed them" for action. THOR told me they approved the work hours after the request was submitted...

I started to call THOR and submit the claim for work BEFORE I went to the dealers...

Thanks for that info when we get back from this trip we have to turn the RV back in to finish up with the jobs that was supposed to be finished. I will call Thor before going to Camping World. Thanks again.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:45 PM   #9

Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Michigan
THOR #6009
Wish you would have given it a little more time. After 10 months, 9k miles and some major disappointment's, we are feeling good about our coach. Where else can you get a RV equipped like an Axis/Vegas for under 70K?