Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2014, 03:42 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Louisiana
THOR #1316
2015 Siesta 24SA diesel

My husband and I just took delivery on a 2015 Siesta 24SA diesel with Mercedes chasis. One week we had it and it had to go back to shop. Now I have been RVing long enough to know that minor things will exist but this has floored me. I was beyond mad and yes I am a Pastor and I try not to get upset or angry. I went into the dealer ship and told the young man that sold it to us that he might want me to talk to the Manager, because he would not like what I had to say. I told them not to play me. I had a 2 page list of problems. When the Manager tried to make excuses, I told him that I have had more RVs then he could imagine and I did not have problems like this. Can you believe the first rain and the slide was in and the whole floor was flooded. I drove it to them like that so they could see. This was not on the list I had because it happened the night before I was taking it back. We got a letter from Thor thanking us for buying it but never got the call we were suppose to. At this point I am discouraged with what my husband just had to have. I wish we would have bought a used one. The first payment is due in 10 days and we will not even have it back per Service Manager until after then. Our purpose was to go to Florida for the winter. Traded in our older 35ft because my husband is 70 and I didn't want him to worry about problems. Gosh, was I crazy. What if I would have went to Florida? I would be spending my days in a hotel. At my cost. The problems of the overhead bunk falling and me not seeing it and hitting my head was not good. I have migranes. I didn't need this. After seeing the problems everyone else has, I am wondering. Should I start dealing with Thor now, because I do not believe this water leak will be fixed and I will not accept bad quality of anything. See they didn't know that a woman could be a carpenter and a mechanic too.

Old 05-30-2015, 02:30 PM   #2

State: New Mexico
THOR #1910
If you have a "lemon law" in your state, you may want to look into it.
Old 05-30-2015, 04:51 PM   #3

Model: 2015 Hurricane 34 J
State: Ohio
THOR #1295
This post is so common! A father of my daughters friend was researching trading in their 5th wheel for a motorhome so the children would be able to enjoy the drive more. He really wanted an outside kitchen but when he found the one he liked, realized it was a Thor, and after seeing these continuous posts, decided to stay away from Thor. Very smart man!
2019 Honda Accord 2.0T Sport 6 speed manual
(THOR)
Nursx2 is offline   Reply With Quote