Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2015, 09:35 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E 29.3
State: Ohio
THOR #1620
Tom Raper - Camping World

stop in the Tom Raper store in Fairfield ohio today the salesman ( generous description) said that camping world is aquiline all the Tom Raper stores. This guy obviously doesn't really care anymore as he never told us his name nor asked for ours and was put off at having to show us a coach. When we went back inside he saw someone he knew and was off without goodbye or anything else. We didn't see him again. I never cared for Rapers as I have always felt it described them well but this was ridiculous. Hope once camping world is in charge they improve and dump that ass.

Old 03-01-2015, 02:16 AM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 2016 Newmar
State: Indiana
THOR #1075
Tom Raper has not owned it for a long time. They have just been using his name. I worked directly with Tom (I was a supplier from another industry) in the mid 70's and found him to be a pretty straight guy. Tom Started in Richmond, IN and the expansions were after he left.