Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2015, 07:18 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: New Jersey
THOR #1629
2015 Thor ACE 30.2 Info

Hello,

I just bought a 2015 Thor Ace 30.2. Anybody out there have any insight, suggestions, warranty info, etc. they would like to share.

Looking for first trip in April and just wanted to see if anybody had any insight to this vehicle.

Thank you

Old 03-03-2015, 08:58 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Ontario
THOR #971
I have lots we own a 2013 30.1 be prepared to white
Knuckle your way down the road. There are ways to fix the issue which I did and the ford f53 handles like a dream. If your first trip is a short one try it out if it is going to be a long trip you may want to invest some funds in fixing the issues of the roll and sway. This is not to scare you just to advise to make you aware.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:28 PM   #3

THOR #1629
Sorry if I'm a little slow but the Ford f53 is the chassis for the rv I own? (Thor ace 30.2) If so, are you saying there are some roll and sway bar issues. I ask this because 2hrs into heading home, I heard and felt a strange noise in the chassis area over the driver and passenger area. I was going to bring this to Ford to check out.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:35 PM   #4

THOR #971
I am not sure what the noise would be and yea the f53 v10 is the chassis. Did you notice anything when you turn the corner like the unit really leans ?
Old 03-03-2015, 09:43 PM   #5

THOR #1629
No, didn't notice that, but did make awkward noise and feel. I live near Ford Dealership and hoping they will accommodate an inspection. Side note: What do you think about the Campingworld, where I bought this rv, trying to sell an extended warranty for $2400. Supposedly 5yr coverage on Coach and Tires. Unsure
Old 03-03-2015, 10:42 PM   #6

THOR #971
I live in Canada so I can not help you do you not find when you turn left or right the unit leans or rolls over this is due to the Sway bars. There is a cheap fix for the front that everyone does you can ask the Ford dealer. About moving the front sway bar up one adjustment . For the rear you can add a Roadmaster rear swaybar the cost is about $1000. or so in canada but it beefs up the rear from 3/4inch to about 2 1/2 inches it takes the roll out and when a an18 wheeler goes by it will not be pushed