Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-04-2015, 02:07 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Utah
THOR #2562
I don't think that sewer hose will work on an ACE 30.2. It looks like the piece that hooks to your RV is a few inches long before it can bend. I'd recommend any hose you get try connecting it to your rv before your going to need to dump it and make sure the place you bought it from will let you return it if not.

Thor may have cut the access hole under the drain in a better spot on yours than mine. Hopefully they did.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:29 PM   #42

Model: ACE 30.2
State: South Carolina
THOR #2915
Thanks for the advice West. I am probably going to have to add a certain fitting/attachment to it.

Dan

"Be all that you can be!"
Dan9841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2015, 02:55 PM   #43

THOR #2915
West,

Is the waste outlet a bayonet waste valve system on the 30.2?

Thanks

Dan

Old 10-04-2015, 04:02 PM   #44

THOR #2562
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9841 View Post
West,

Is the waste outlet a bayonet waste valve system on the 30.2?

Thanks
Yes it is. A 22.5 degree or maybe even a 45 degree fitting would solve the issue on mine but I just went with a hose that could start bending really close to the fitting.
Old 10-04-2015, 04:22 PM   #45

THOR #2915
Quote:
Originally Posted by West View Post
Yes it is. A 22.5 degree or maybe even a 45 degree fitting would solve the issue on mine but I just went with a hose that could start bending really close to the fitting.
Once I get eye on the unit I'm sure I can get it working. In regards to the storage area that I want to build I will need to see if there is some room under the RV. It's so hard to find any pictures so even start planning anything. I can't wait to be back in the US.

I don't want to keep asking you for pictures

But if you get a chance can you provide some different picture angles from the waste compartment? That would be very helpful.

Thanks

Dan

Old 10-04-2015, 04:26 PM   #46

THOR #2915
This is the only picture that I could find online and I don't even know if that's the correct on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	878  

Dan

Old 10-04-2015, 05:36 PM   #47

THOR #2562
Here's a picture of mine. I'm feeling a little dumb now. I just loosened the bolts on the waste gates and was able to spin my drain so it lines up with the hole. I'm sure you could do the same if needed to make that hose you want to use work just fine.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	269
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	879  
Old 10-04-2015, 05:45 PM   #48

THOR #2915
Quote:
Here's a picture of mine. I'm feeling a little dumb now. I just loosened the bolts on the waste gates and was able to spin my drain so it lines up with the hole. I'm sure you could do the same if needed to make that hose you want to use work just fine.
Awesome thanks. I was going to ask if it rotated next. I was watching sewer line hookups and saw that it can rotate. It would be wierd if it didn't have that function on a motorhome.
Again, thanks for confirming that.

Dan

Old 10-04-2015, 05:47 PM   #49

THOR #2562
If you want to pm me your number I will text you the other pictures you wanted.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:49 PM   #50

THOR #2915
West,

Do you think there is enough room under the unit to mount a compartment that looks similar to this photo? That is what I would want to do with the ducting for all the waist water equipment.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	237
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	880  

Dan

Old 10-04-2015, 05:54 PM   #51

THOR #2562
Personally I wouldn't. The whole rv is already so close to the ground. I go off road a lot when camping though. If you mainly stick to paved ground you might be ok.
Old 10-04-2015, 05:56 PM   #52

THOR #2915
Quote:
Personally I wouldn't. The whole rv is already so close to the ground. I go off road a lot when camping though. If you mainly stick to paved ground you might be ok.
About how much clearance is behind the rear axle? That's where I would look at putting it

Dan

Old 10-04-2015, 06:04 PM   #53

THOR #2562
12.5 inches from the body to the ground. When I look undeneath the jacks are really close to the ground. There only 7 inches so you probably could. I think just in front of the jacks or if you mounted it facing out the back just under the bumper that would be a good spot. The hitch and generator exhaust would be just about as low as that tube in your picture.
Old 10-04-2015, 06:11 PM   #54

THOR #2915
Sounds great. The compartment would only extend 5 inches from the bottom of the chassis. l would make it wide enough to fit the entire waste master management sewer system into it. I am sure you have looked at it before. Seems like a lot of stuff.

Dan

Old 10-05-2015, 09:38 PM   #55

State: Massachusetts
THOR #2649
I dont use a sewer hose, but keep one for emergency in one of the forward compartments. I use a sewer solution. It fits in the sewer compartment and I find it much cleaner to use than the stinky slinky! I am also looking into putting in a composting toilet.

I would be interested in the link to the keypad entry lock. I was thinking about that today! One option is to get all the compartments and the entry door keyed alike. I saw that option on the website of the company that makes the lock that came with the coach.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:35 AM   #56

THOR #2915
Amazon.com: The Mobile Outfitters 296656 RV Lock with Remote Fob: Automotive

I hope that helps.

Dan

Old 10-11-2015, 12:26 AM   #57

Model: 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Michigan
THOR #2780
Sorry for coming late to this party, but I noticed a couple of things in this thread. We have a 2014 ACE 30.2 with bunk beds that has been modified to include a wheelchair lift. The lift was installed where the love seat was.

First, I see Larry has the same issue/concern over the radio speakers. One of the speakers, the one behind the driver, is partially blocked by the slide-out when it is in it's retracted position. To me this should be a no-brainer and someone from Thor should have noticed that. Normally I'm a very good fix-it man, but since becoming paralyzed and with no hand function, putting additional speakers in the dash will cost me money. I'll have to come-up with a different remedy.

The other item is the toilet and the fact that we, along with several other members of this forum, have to snake out our toilet. No letting someone use the bathroom or use it if you're only going to go number 1, is unacceptable. For the money we spent, as well as many others, a working toilet should be a given.

Our unit could definitely been built better and prepped better. We are still getting saw dust in our lights. Screws continue to fall out of no where. We had an issue with the driver's side wiper as well. Finally, our dealer had to cut a hole in the table seat bench so we could have easier access to the hot water tank by-pass valves. Anyone with the bunk beds have the same problem getting to their by-pass valves?

We have camped for many years and this is our first motor home. I know this unit is more off an entry type unit, but I was expecting a little more attention to some of the details, i.e. the radio speakers or the toilet flushing.
Modified w/ a wheelchair lift
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 01:01 AM   #58

THOR #2562
I believe on the 2016's they've solved the toilet issue although it comes at a cost. I'm 5'11 tall and I can only touch my toes to the ground when sitting on the toilet. They raised them up to increase the slope to the tank. I don't think I will have a problem getting to the valves. I haven't tried yet but they look easy to reach.
Old 10-11-2015, 05:04 PM   #59

Model: 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Michigan
THOR #2780
West,

The toilet in our unit is also quite high. I would say it is close to a foot off the floor. I'm unable to give a perspective like you did because I'm paralyzed and don't use the toilet.

The flushing issue has been mentioned a couple of other times in some of these threads. It appears the issue is related to the vent pipe being too low in the tank. When the toilet is flushed the air cannot get out of the tank fast enough thereby slowing the waste going into the tank. Consequently, not all of the waste makes it into the tank. The air not getting out fast enough through the vent has been proven on our unit because we've had air come back up through the toilet and splashing waste all over. If this is as big an issue as it appears it could be, I'd hope Thor would come out and over to fix it.

Hopefully the issue has been resolved as you say, but with you sitting as high as you say gives a new meaning to the word throne.
Modified w/ a wheelchair lift
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 05:24 PM   #60

THOR #2915
Oh wow that is good to know. Looks like I will slam the lip shut after I flush to make sure I don't get a nasty shower.

Dan

Tags
2016, 30.2, ace 30.2, advice, thor ace