Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Thor Owners Community Discussions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2015, 07:41 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 30.2 Bunkhouse
State: Michigan
THOR #2780
You may want to close it before you flush.

Modified w/ a wheelchair lift
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 09:11 PM   #62

Model: A.C.E. 30.2
State: Utah
THOR #2562
That sounds horrible! I might take off the Tornado I installed on the black tank and take a look inside. I haven't had a problem yet but I sure don't want to find out the hard way. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:28 PM   #63

Model: ACE 30.2
State: Massachusetts
THOR #2649
OK, today I decided to take a good look at my toilet drain, with the water off. Can you other 30.2 owners tell me if this is what you have? The inside of the waste pipe appears to be regular pvc but has a cork like material running along it, along the length. I took a metal rod and poked it, and it seems rough and porous.
I was going to post a picture of it, but I didnt want to gross anyone out!
Old 10-12-2015, 09:56 PM   #64

State: Massachusetts
THOR #2649
I attached a pic of the waste pipe
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rvtoilet1.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	56.8 KB
ID:	921  
Old 10-12-2015, 11:20 PM   #65

THOR #2562
Mine doesn't have that cork looking stuff. It's just black ABS. That almost looks like it was backed up and is build up stuck there.
Old 10-14-2015, 03:02 AM   #66

THOR #2562
I found another thing you guys with 2016's should look at. I opened my front hood and noticed that the bottom of it is rubbing and cutting threw the fiberglass cap. It is a good quarter inch or more away when I close it but it looks like the wind pushing on it is making it hit and rub. I temporarily used some double stick automotive tape to stick on a couple 2"x2" squares of UHMW for now until I come up with a permanent solution.
Old 10-31-2015, 10:52 PM   #67

State: South Carolina
THOR #2915
I will definitely take a look at that. Thanks West.

FYI, I can't contribute to the forum at this time because I am still stuck in Germany for another month. I have my PDI on 5 December. I have been buying a few items for the unit in the past weeks. I am very excited to get my hands on the unit and prep it. I will make sure to post my findings as well as my projects.

Dan

"Be all that you can be!"
Dan9841 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 09:49 PM   #68

State: California
THOR #3753
hi all i just bought a 2016 30.2 and it has been nice reading about all the little things to look for. there is one thing that i cannot figure out and i am wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. when driving above 60 there is a whistling noise that is present and i cannot pinpoint it. from what i and my wife guess it is coming from the windshield or near the dash. the strange thing is that when following another large vehicle it goes away. it is only present when i am not following or there is no cross wind. is there anyone that might have a idea that i can try. i am planning a 5k trip this summer and i know it will get pretty old having to listen to that.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:06 PM   #69

THOR #2562
It is my side windows that do that on mine. Try taking masking tape and tape along the bottom of the track and up the center being sure to also cover the latch then see if that helps. I'm currently trying to pinpoint it even closer on mine. I did have the dealer replace the window sills and it helped. There was a hole big enough to fit my pinky finger in before that. I know if I lock the window it's worse so I leave it unlocked when driving.
Old 03-10-2016, 10:08 PM   #70

State: California
THOR #3753
West,
thanks for the input i will git it a try.
Old 03-11-2016, 01:27 AM   #71

THOR #2915
Welcome Chuter,

I have owned my 30.2 for about 4 months and I am living in it full time during the week. During that time I had only experienced a few issues. The pawl from the engine hood vibrated off. Make sure you check those nuts on the cylinder. I have had the antenna handle inside the coach come off. That was a simple fix by just reattaching it using a alanwrench. I had issues with my shower leaking but that was because of the rubber seal on the bottom of the shower door hanging outside the base trim. I have to make sure when closing the door it is on the inside. These have been my major issues so far but it's not as bad as some of the stories I read on here. Oh, make sure you have those walkie-talkies that everyone talks about. On my first attempt to back the coach into a cramp site I hit a tree with my rear awning assembly. The wife was standing there shouting but I couldn't here her thank god it only bent it a bit which I could fix
Other then that it's been a blast. If you have any issues let me know. I am always willing to help.
In regards to the whistling, I don't have that issue. I would check the doghouse to ensure it is shut properly as well as look underneath the front hood to see if something is hanging there that might cause the whistling.

Enjoy the road and even more the park.

Dan

Old 03-11-2016, 04:41 AM   #72

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: Nevada
THOR #970
I believe you have the new style windows so you should not need the weep hole things... I just had my windshield recaulked as I had a noise, more like a kazoo, at 55+ when driving into the wind. It seemed to be in the lower right Drivers side. Try pushing on your windshield in various places to see if you have any movement, if you do you have a leak.
Old 03-16-2016, 10:43 PM   #73

THOR #2780
Welcome Chunter,

I wouldn't say our windshield has a whistling sound, but I think there is too much noise in general up front. While riding in the passenger seat I keep looking up to see what could be added to the area above the windshield to damper the noise. The design of the front windshield area, with a slight overhang above the windshield, probably is a source of a fair amount of noise. Most other units have a completely flat front or the area above the windshield is flush with the windshield.

I also have an issue with the radio speakers because the one behind the driver is covered up by the slide-out. In order for the driver to hear the radio they turn the volume up quite high. The problem with this is the other speaker is over and just slightly behind the passenger seat and it is now too loud for them.

We've experienced the same issues with our side windows as West. Before we head out this spring I was hoping to put some thin foam along the front vertical edge of the frame so that the latch will closer tighter.

Hope this is somewhat useful information.
Old 03-16-2016, 11:06 PM   #74

THOR #2562
The speaker placement is terrible. The windows are still the noisiest thing for me but a couple things I did to address the noise and heat. The over head area has access panels you can unscrew then add more insulation. The dog house was a big source of heat and noise for me so I filled the dog house with fire foam then made cardboard templates going over the engine then used the negative cut outs to shape the fire foam leaving about a 2" gap over the engine perfectly following its shape. Finally I covered that with a new engine blanket. Then under the dash in the engine compartment I added another blanket.

After I fix the driver and passenger seat mounts I want to fire foam and put an engine blanket under the entire floor.
Old 03-17-2016, 12:03 AM   #75

THOR #2780
West,

Thanks for the info about the overhead area. I'll have to see if my wife can get up there and do it. As for the dog house, this is something we've never dealt with before because this is our first motor home. I'm seeing there are quite a few "tricks of the trade" that one aquires over time owning one of these units. It appears somewhat obvious that we need to add a stabilizer to the front steering assembly. Neither my wife nor daughter could drive the unit with one hand. Also, we should probably also look at some type of sway bar for the back end. I did buy a different type of vent cap for the black tank that supposedly lets out more air than the original. I'm hoping this will help with the toilet flushing issue I mentioned earlier in this thread. Last item, for now, does your driver seat turn all the way around so that you can face the back of the unit? Thanks again for all the info.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:07 AM   #76

THOR #2562
Mine hits the steering wheel and thats all the further it will let me go.

I'm actually out fixing one of my bedroom drawers on mine right now that my dealer did a horrible job fixing. I was installing a tv and inverter earlier and noticed the drawer was all messed up again. I'm pretty exited with the new inverter though. It's working great.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:28 AM   #77

THOR #2915
[QUOTE=West;29296]Mine hits the steering wheel and thats all the further it will let me go.

I was very disappointed when I found out that the seats didn't rotate 180 degrees. Especially the passenger side. I do like the feature where you can remove the foot end of the couch for tall people like me for some leg room.

Dan

Old 03-17-2016, 01:36 AM   #78

THOR #2562
[QUOTE=Dan9841;29297]
Quote:
Originally Posted by West View Post
Mine hits the steering wheel and thats all the further it will let me go.

I was very disappointed when I found out that the seats didn't rotate 180 degrees. Especially the passenger side. I do like the feature where you can remove the foot end of the couch for tall people like me for some leg room.
Remove the foot end? What is this madness your talking about?

I'm planning on remounting the passenger seat on mine so it can spin around without impacting the couch and wall.
Old 03-17-2016, 01:41 AM   #79

THOR #2915
[QUOTE=West;29298]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9841 View Post

Remove the foot end? What is this madness your talking about?

I'm planning on remounting the passenger seat on mine so it can spin around without impacting the couch and wall.
sorry for the confusion. I'll show you on a picture what I mean.

Dan

Old 03-17-2016, 01:42 AM   #80

THOR #2915
Picture of couch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg